Obese & Sedentary to Marathon Runner

Options

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Amazing. Great story - so inspirational! I've been running for over 2 years now, and I don't have the mental/physical determination to run a full marathon! Way to go! And you look great, too! :drinker: :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • sunshyn225
    sunshyn225 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing woman and such an inspiration!
  • prattylessfatty
    prattylessfatty Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love your story. I was 226 and a yoyo, too! Then I discovered running! I love it and have lost down to 174. Training for my first half. When do I get skinny and fit like you? Lol. You look amazing.
  • HannahBananaBrain
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Congratulations! I love to run too and had just reached the 5K point before I got pregnant with baby #4. I'm just starting on my journey again (though not able to run yet). Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    Wow!! That is amazing! Good for you! Where did you find your motivation? Congrats!!!!:happy:
  • ibleedunionblue
    ibleedunionblue Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I have a similar story, lost 75 and ran a couple marathons. Had knee surgery, got lazy and put 50 back on. Now I have taken it off and will run my 5th marathon on October 20th.

Great Job!
  • rosanahizon
    rosanahizon Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation. Great job! Thanks for inspiring me today. :)
  • TheSnark
    TheSnark Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Maybe I can too...I used to only run if there was a soccer ball in front of me or an escaping horse. That was a while ago and I'm 213 lbs. and 5'6" now. But maybe I can too...

Thanks for the inspiration :)
  • dominiqueruns
    dominiqueruns Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    "I don't stop when I'm tired, I'll stop when I'm done" - Love this...I may adopt it as my new running mantra...

Huge congratulations to you - your story is truly inspiring!
  • BobcatGirl110
    BobcatGirl110 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Congrats and you are my hero :) I also started running in my journey to lose weight and have fallen in love with the alone time, the healthy weight loss, and the stress relief of it all!!!!!! I'm not at your marathon level, but I can follow in your footsteps and continue on my path and hope to be where you are in the future :) You've done an amazing job!
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Grats on the Marathon and the weight loss, mine is similar except for some reason I dont have a strong desire to run a marathon done half but not a full.
  • kevinindelaware
    kevinindelaware Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Simply Amazing!!
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Your story is amazing! I did the C25K program and have just started the 10k program and have fallen in love with running as well. I will be running a 5k next weekend and can't wait! When I first started, those 30 seconds of running were grueling, and now I can't believe what I'm capable of. I actually look forward to my run days!!!

I'm definitely going to remember your quote - "I don't stop when I'm tired, I'll stop when I'm done." There are times when I want to stop, but I know it's not because I can't go on, it's simply because I'm tired and want to stop. This will come in handy on those days when I need a little mental slap in the face. Thanks!
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    You have some of the most amazing progress pics I've ever seen. I say that sincerely, I would never know that used to be you! Your face is one of the main differences, you look so healthy and happy.
    This really inspired me. I've just started the c25k program and even though I look like an asthmatic lobster by the end, I know I'm doing better. But your story made me believe I could really accomplish the whole thing!
    You're amazing :bigsmile:
  • Micbou1
    Micbou1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow great work. Very inspiring!
  • MMMendoza007
    MMMendoza007 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow! Wow! Wow!
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Amazing! I started running in January, too, so I'm very impressed with your pace and distance.

You were cute in your before photos, but you look like an athlete now.
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story!! Thanks for sharing your journey!
  • mustapekka
    Options
    Thank you for posting an amazing story! You look great and I can imagine you feel great too! :)
  • PaulN6
    PaulN6 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thank you for this! Until I read that message I was having second thoughts of continuing my running towards a marathon (I'm at 10k at the moment) but I will definitely continue now as it seems more possible than impossible. Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!