Lost 100 lbs, now I'm always cold

Options
Just wondering if anyone else has lost so much weight that they find they are always cold. At this temperature, this time of the year, 100 lbs ago, I was always sweating and just hot, now I'm always in sweaters and freezing. I don't know if it's just because my BMR is lower or that I don't have that "isolation" anymore. Has anyone else had this happen?

Replies

• gsbanks1
    gsbanks1 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I AM ALWAYS FREEZING..I ACTUALLY HAVE THE HEATER ON NOW AT WORK!!! I JUST GOT LIKE THIS THOUGH THIS CHANGE HAPPENED OVERNIGHT!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    I'm cold most of the time now. Not as much insulation.
  • irishscootz
    Options
    Just wondering if anyone else has lost so much weight that they find they are always cold. At this temperature, this time of the year, 100 lbs ago, I was always sweating and just hot, now I'm always in sweaters and freezing. I don't know if it's just because my BMR is lower or that I don't have that "isolation" anymore. Has anyone else had this happen?

I know exactly what you mean!!!
  • nedtoloseme
    nedtoloseme Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I have only lost about 60 pounds, but most of the time I'm cold. Then again since I'm one of those pre-menopausal women I can also break out in a sweat at any time - lol.
  • LosingLaurensWay
    LosingLaurensWay Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Its ridiculous! I never got cold until it was about low 60's mid 50's. Its low 70's and I'm in a sweatshirt and pants. Can't get over it.
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    same here hun. i even went and had all kinds of bloodwork done to see if there was something wrong with me. the doc joked that i lost my insulation. lol
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I have thyroid disease, AND lost 130 pounds. I never get warm unless it's at least 100 degrees. :grumble:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Yep.

Before I gained weight, I hated cold. Anything lower than 75 and I needed a jacket.
    At my heaviest, 69 degrees was comfortable anything higher than 72 and I was hot/sweating.
    Now that I've lost weight, I'm back to being cold at any temp under 75. My husband likes to sleep set the thermostat to 70 degrees before bed (he likes cold) and I usually have to be under 2 quilts to sleep comfortably.

edit: My thyroid levels are fine. When my husband works nights, I leave the thermostat at 75 and sleep fine (no extra covers needed). It's only when he drops the house temp.
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    My hands are always cold since ive lost close to the same. And I get plenty of calories.
  • lindustum
    lindustum Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    the body will adjust after some time
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I get cold now on occasion... I use to ski in shorts... not now. I have a jacket if the fog comes in and there's any breeze at all!
  • seren7189
    seren7189 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    It's probably the lack of insulation... hopefully our bodies will adjust and we won't be so sensitive to the cold!
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Haha, if that's the only "complaint" you have about loosing all of that weight I'd say you're in a good spot. Seriously, though - congrats! & buy a sweater.
  • KarenisPaleo
    KarenisPaleo Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    When I was really cold while sleeping it turned out to be Hypothyroidism. Get it checked!
  • amelonline
    amelonline Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yes. I lost 85 pounds and now I'm always cold too.
  • AbstractAsterism
    AbstractAsterism Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My mom lost 120+ pounds and she says she's always cold.

Use it as an excuse to get cute sweaters, hoodies and pullovers! :)
  • MichiFfit
    MichiFfit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am constantly freezing. I always have to bring a jacket where ever I go, just in case there happens to be a slight breeze somewhere.

47891987.png
  • kazsjourney
    kazsjourney Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yep...ive lost 180 pounds and always cold too.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Yep - I am always cold. The only time I'm not cold is when it's 90 degrees outside and I'm out in the sun.

Fall is coming, and I can definitely feel it. And let's not talk about grocery shopping. I walked into the store tonight and felt like I was walking into the north pole!!!