thanks for nothing hubby!

Options
So at the moment I have a fractured elbow and scaphoid and numerous bruises including black eye having come off my bike last Friday so I'm not feeling my best. Telling hubby about a conversation with someone at school who's got a little about same age as the one we are hoping to adopt in a few weeks and we'd said we might try a few playdates. Thinking aloud I then said, "maybe we could walking or jogging together". DH says "Not likely, she's really fit, she wont want to be slowing down for you".
Way to make me feel good about myself, especially when I'm already feeling rough! Thank you and goodnight!

Replies

• sandytoshiko
    sandytoshiko Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Proper response: gee honey, by that rationale .... I shouldn't be hanging out with you!
  • JewelsinBigD
    JewelsinBigD Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Wow - sure you want to bring a child into that? Just saying -- not very supportive. Are you ready to go this alone (at least virtually)...
  • NinjadURbacon
    NinjadURbacon Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    well he could be telling the truth, just a little too blunt.
  • justwanderful
    justwanderful Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    He's being logical. You're being emotional.

Women are from Venus, Men are from Mars.

You're both right.
  • Brummig
    Options
    Well, guess I walked into that one - serves me right for posting! Normally I wouldn't get upset by it but as I said bit sore and sensitive, and my normal outlet for PMS (exercise) is not an option.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I would have boxed his ears, good.!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    Well, guess I walked into that one - serves me right for posting! Normally I wouldn't get upset by it but as I said bit sore and sensitive, and my normal outlet for PMS (exercise) is not an option.

the way he said it if that was truly his wording was not very nice. I don't blame you for being a little upset over it.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Proper response: gee honey, by that rationale .... I shouldn't be hanging out with you!

Absolutely.. no offense darling but he's a knob for saying that. Hope you are feeling better soon.:flowerforyou:
  • ehorn625
    Options
    I really don't think his comment was necessary . . .
  • WhitneySheree88
    WhitneySheree88 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sorry he made you upset. Men tend to just tell people the truth like is and when talking to other men, that isn't really a problem. Some/most of them have yet to realize the things they say can be hurtful to us. My husband does this, he uses his "man tone" in a lot of conversations with me and I end up all butt hurt over the situation then I have to tell him that sometimes he sounds like an a**hole and does it without realizing it.

On another note, it must be freeing to say whatever you want whatever way you want and not care how others feel. Ahhh to have balls lol :laugh:
  • Brummig
    Options
    I would have boxed his ears, good.!

If I had 2 good arms I would have done!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Men are too logical for their own good.

You should chop his balls off. After all, you are adopting and have no use for them.
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    People need to learn when the truth is valuable and when it will just get a boot lodged in their *kitten*.
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    no, I don't think it's "truth" put in hurtful form. It's just a*hole.. If you've got little ones you're not going to be jogging high pace. There is a limit to how fast you can go with kids.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Regardless of whether or not he feels it's true, it's really NOT nice to say something that blunt to you, let alone when you are already emotional and in pain. My hubby would NEVER say something like that to me, but if he did, like KangooJumps said, I'd box his ears! And maybe give him a swift kick where it counts for good measure!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it happens in marriages. People say dumb things to their spouses all the time. Pretty sure you've said some dumb stuff to him :laugh:

Eta, great job on your loss, that's fabulous!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Wow - sure you want to bring a child into that? Just saying -- not very supportive. Are you ready to go this alone (at least virtually)...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
  • iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Are you really fit like the other woman you're talking about? If not, how can you get mad at him for saying that?
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Firstly, he has foot in mouth disease...this can't have been the first time he's done this, sensitive or not, you pretty much knew what you were getting when you married him...right?

Secondly, he can't read minds, the only one that can yea or nay this is her. So ask her. She may be really flattered. She may be too busy . But either way, ask her.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Withhold sex until he remembers what he did wrong.
    You'll never have to sleep with him again!