• kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Red wine and Cola.

It sounds so wrong, but yes, it works!
  • TLB86
    TLB86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Red wine is B..E..A..UTIFUL! Can't beat a good Shiraz or Shiraz Cabernet on a cold autumn/winters eve!

Can not stand sweet wines at all! No rose or lambrini for me. I like a nice bollocky wine! x
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah baby
    Winos, add me
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Prefer Aussie reds, especially southern, but wouldn't say no to a dry white in hot weather, oh and I don't "sip" hence my name :drinker:

Lush

takes one to know one :flowerforyou:
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I love red wine, more than white and rose wine!
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    What? Just... What? I'm pretty sure in 500BC they weren't drinking it because Courtneyous Coxeus said it was cool.
  • paulei1975
    paulei1975 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I have no choice I live in Italy. I really love wine, besides I've never seen Cougar town.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Four words: Cakebread Cellars Pinot Noir. Heaven in your mouth. :)

Yes :) Takes me back to my honeymoon when we visted Cakebread.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I've been drinking red wine long before it became "cool".

I truly enjoy red wine and have had the pleasure of drinking (and owning) some of the finest wines out there.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Red wine and Cola.

NOT in the same glass surely?????? Really???? Blimey! :noway:
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I forgot I posted this thread.

It's funny that the majority say "I love red wine!!" but they don't admit that they didn't like it the first time they tried it.

Actually I DID like it the first time I tried it. I was never one of those Berringer "white zin" people (nasty) however for most women it's a stepping stone to the real whites. The zinfandel grape itself is a really good grape. I've had some fabulous red zins however Berringer b*stardized the grape when they made the "white" zinfandel.

I have heard that people who like to drink tea are more likely to have a taste for red wines (which IS an acquired taste). I don't like sweet wines though and the first time I ever tried a port I HATED it. I now LOVE a good tawny. (and I like my whiskey very peaty)
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options

It's funny that the majority say "I love red wine!!" but they don't admit that they didn't like it the first time they tried it.

were u drinking too much wine when u posted it? :laugh:
  • SusanMcAvoy
    SusanMcAvoy Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I LOVE RED WINE ... Shiraz and Lambrusco are my favorites ... I'm not a huge fan of anything with too much tannin or that's too dry ... Brachetto d'Aqcui is yummy, but I would consider that more of a rose, even though it is technically a red. Some of the Cabernet/Merlot blends are nice as well. I'm Italian and went to culinary school ... It's pretty much impossible for m not to like wine ... Beer on the other hand ... BLECH! I can't stand it, not even the fruity crap ... I imagine that's what fermented pee, with a slice of moldy bread in it, would taste like ...
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options

I find it funny that you watch Cougar Town.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I love it. Not Cabs though. I like a good pinot noir or a nice blend. I have liked wine forever, before TV shows and before Sideways lol.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    The first time I had red wine, it was homemade and SUPER sweet ... I loved it ... I was 5 ... Thank you nonno and nonna, for starting me young ... lol
  • emilyrthompson
    Options
    If you have the right wine it is the best thing in the WORLD! It is delicious and goes fantastic with foods. But you can also drink a bottle or so and get totally wasted, that is fine too.
    Do you drink beer because of the "Most interesting man in the world?"