Come on ladies! (Men help me out)

Options
Morninglory81
Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
I fight daily against the assumption that my reactions to any given situation will be dictated by my emotion and not by rational thought. Men feel they need to walk on egg shells because their simple observations can be twisted into personal attacks by our ovaries. Please tell me there is hope! Please tell me you can step back from a situation and look at it form a perspective of logic and reasoning!

Replies

• donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I was the man in my last relationship because I was the one walking on egg shells....
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    Well I guess I was the man in my last relationship because I was the one walking on egg shells....

I agree with this :smile: but OP, I know what you mean. I think there are just some bad apples spoiling the bunch...we all aren't overly sensitive and emotional about everything in life
  • Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Glad to see 2 logical women. I'm sad that with the amount of MFP members there aren't more chiming in.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Are women not more generally emotional and do they not more often base decisions on that?

Not being mean but there is a basis for the stereotype and it is not always a bad thing.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Less logic, more sandwich making.
  • Less logic, more sandwich making.

:love: :love: :love: :flowerforyou:
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    We can rationally and logically respond to men being dumb burros? Seriously, guys, sometimes we're being overly emotional and sometimes you do or say something that just blows our minds in all the wrong ways.
  • whierd
    Options
    Less logic, more sandwich making.

:love: :love: :love: :flowerforyou:

Your baby is adorable. :flowerforyou:
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    When we are right. We are wrong.

When we are wrong. Well. We are always wrong.
  • donthesitate
    Options
    We can rationally and logically respond to men being dumb burros? Seriously, guys, sometimes we're being overly emotional and sometimes you do or say something that just blows our minds in all the wrong ways.

Ive always been the rational one...this must be why I end up with all the sensitive guys :huh:
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Are women not more generally emotional and do they not more often base decisions on that?

Not being mean but there is a basis for the stereotype and it is not always a bad thing.

Imma have to second this one. I don't like generalizations and do find it annoying that any "b!tchy" attitude is blamed on our menstrual cycle but there is some truth to women being more emotional than men.

Now, on the other hand, men tend to be more callous and sometimes that's not a positive thing. Guys can be real d!cks about dumb stuff and that's uncool too.

We all have our inherent flaws :indifferent:
  • alliemarie77
    alliemarie77 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Typically I am usually able to look at things rationally.
    When PMS comes around all logic is out the window.
    My rules during that time are:

1.) Keep all conversations to a minimum.
    2.) Don't make any serious decisions.
    3.) Dont make permanent decisions based on temporary feelings.
  • whierd
    Options

Ive always been the rational one...this must be why I end up with all the sensitive guys :huh:

No, you just choose the wrong guys.
  • donthesitate
    Options

Wrong? How so?
  • fitfreakymom
    fitfreakymom Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I am not very emotional in fact I am a bit rough around the edges lol.
  • fatfudgery
    fatfudgery Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Your baby is adorable. :flowerforyou:

Too emotional! Needs more logic! :grumble:
  • boatyboat
    boatyboat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I dont get emotional. I am a logical, blunt, sarcastic, mean girl.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I'm too tired to be emotional because I do everything around here.
  • cstoney2013
    cstoney2013 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Women, emotional? that explains a lot....
  • whierd
    Options

Wrong? How so?

You said you end up with the sensitive guys. The common theme is you. Look for a different type of guy who isn't really sensitive.