Best inner thigh exercises

Options
2»

Replies

• HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Running to the sides, i do in on my treadmill!
  • kathiehughes
    kathiehughes Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    bump
  • alanlmarshall
    alanlmarshall Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    There are none.

No exercise will reduce the fat on your inner thighs. Squating is a great strength exercise, but it will not reduce the fat on your inner thighs. No exercise will, it's not possible. Strength training in general is beneficial and you should do some if you can, but it won't reduce the fat on your inner thighs.

Losing body fat with a calorie deficit is the only way to do that. There may be genetic factors that limit how much fat you can lose from that part of your body.

There is no exercise that will help. It's best to find exercise you really enjoy and want to do, rather than exercising one part of your body for something that can never work.
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Plie squats, walking lunges, side lunges, split squats x 25 reps 3 times a week
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I use Bodylastics bands and I use #8 to #11 bands for high reps. I would think a medium band if your legs are stronger and build up from there.
  • Mrsallypants
    Mrsallypants Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    <
  • JamesCooper16
    Options
    Exercising using elastic band will help you a great deal in reducing outer thighs. You first need to stand in a straight position. Keep a dumbbell near your left leg. Now, tie one end of an elastic band to the dumbbell and its other end, to your right leg. Move your right leg in an inward and outward motion. Repeat this step 10 times. Try this.
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    For barbell squats, try moving your legs to similar position you would do sumo deadlifts with.
  • mayonie1
    mayonie1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Ive got the same problem...
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have thunder thighs too :( YOu can't spot reduce fast as per PP's. But to strengthen the muscles try sumo squats.
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    I do Plié Squats.. I've horrible:noway: inner thighs, so...a work in progress! :wink:

I'll second plie squats with weights. Plus I just love throwing a little ballet into weight lifting. =)
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    All with weights or resistance (like weight lifting, not some teeny weight):

#1 The one mentioned earlier that is side-lying with the other leg bent and that foot on the floor.

#2 Sit with legs straight out and together. Turn rt leg and foot outward. Lift that leg (this works part of the quads, too, but in that nice line that may as well be inner thighs).

#3 Lie on back and bring legs together straight up. Open wide :D Close. With weights. Don't hurt your tendons by trying too heavy at first.

#4 Weighted ballet moves. Turned out (just reasonably) and to the front. Lift high! (This is another that adds quads, in a good way).

Once you hit your max, you'll need to find cables at a gym to get enough resistance, but you'll notice effects long before that if you have reasonably heavy home weights/bands. If you don't see a difference, it's because of your fat layer. But there will be one :)