Feeling very tired, dizzy, no energy

Options
Ok so I started my journey 2 weeks ago, maybe 3

I was a sedentary person with a walk here and there and started doing 60 minutes+ a day of exercises. no rest day

Changed what I eat too.

It's been a week that I fell asleep at 2 in the morning, wake up at 8:30 every day and still doing my exercises

Today I feel exhausted, I'm just so tired and shaky and dizzy

I have no problems with low blood sugar (had it tested 2 months ago) no problems with blood pressure (i averaqge 110/75)

I'm wondering if it is that I dont eat enough or too much exercise too soon? or not enough sleep? or something else.

My diary is open.

I'm 21, 120 pounds and healthy with anxiety problems

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    a nice whiskey will cure that.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up so you eat back exercise cals... So eat them.

Plus your fat intake is very low.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Why don't you take a rest day and sleep.
  • LucreciaSkellenger
    Options
    Make sure you do consume enough carbs, remember, even though carbs give you calories, they are fuel for your body, they are the ones that give you energy, specially if are exercising a lot. Make sure you have a protein bar, or may be a cereal bar, or something containing carbs before you exercise. Carbs doesn't necessarily means fat, you could have a yogurt, a cereal bar, a fruit, etc. I hope this helps!
  • Sheboogey
    Options
    Try eating a little more...you probably need more fuel for your tank
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I'd say that you need to let your body rest. You mentioned earlier that today is your rest day, which is a good idea. Don't overdo your workouts because you might get injured and/or lose motivation.

Weight loss is a slow process and you should never lose more than 1% of your body weight each week. Keep eating steadily, keep working out, but maybe reduce intensity or duration of session, and you might feel better.

Another clue would be to check if you eat evenly throughout the day. Some people tend to eat a lot in the morning and close to nothing in the evening, which is a bad idea.

Getting eight hours of sleep is also essential.

Hang in there, your body is simply getting used to your new lifestyle :)
  • purple4sure05
    purple4sure05 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Make sure you're eating a balanced diet as far as your macros are concerned and DEFINITELY start taking a rest day every week. I'm training for a half marathon and used to exercise every day, but once I gave myself one rest day a week, I felt a lot better and have been able to do better on the days where I do exercise.
  • lafoto13
    lafoto13 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I had a terrible dizzy spell about 6 weeks ago . It lasted the entire day! My vision was kind of blurred like I couldn't focus. And I was exhausted. I was really shaky. I self diagnosed as possible water intoxication but my cals were definitely too low at that point as well. I stopped chugging so much water and it never happened again. Go figure!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up so you eat back exercise cals... So eat them.

Plus your fat intake is very low.

yup.
  • melbee4
    Options
    Ok so I will

Eat back my calories to be at 1300 (since my BMR is 1270)
    Have one or 2 rest days once in a while
    Eat more fat
    And try to sleep

Thanks guys...
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    If you have upped your physical activity, you might want to consider making sure you get a bit more sleep. When I started MFP I was down to 1200 calories and it was NOT enough for me... I started getting head aches and feeling dizzy and exhausted. Eat more!
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Sleep is a necessity... Make sure you get enough!
    Healthy fat is essential for making hormones, replacing myelin coating around nerves, and replacing cell walls the body's stored fat will not work well for these processes. Shoot for 20 to 30 percent of your calories from healthy sources like avocados, nuts, olive oil, and seeds.
    Hydrate!
  • melbee4
    Options
    Yes, MFP tell me to eat 1200 calories net but my BMR is 1274 so I will eat all my exercise calories back and make sur i'm at 1300 calories net...
  • ELEANOR43da
    ELEANOR43da Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I have to say I get the blurry vision and can last up to 6 days, get dizzy, hardly walk........legs cramp and very tired. I do suffer from water intoxication and that's drinking to much which gives me low sodium. I now have to go no more than 3 glasses a day and 2 powerade zero a day .
    Seems like you need to start eating back your calories as you are doing a lot of exercise and not a great amount of sleep.
    I also suffer from anxiety which as you know can bring on many different physical symptoms.
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Yes, MFP tell me to eat 1200 calories net but my BMR is 1274 so I will eat all my exercise calories back and make sur i'm at 1300 calories net...
    still need more. MFP, as a calculator, allows you to put in the wrong goals (IE, you're trying to lose very little weight, but probably chose 2lbs per week because you wanted to get it done faster)

check here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

or at least update your goal on MFP to .5lb per week.
  • melbee4
    Options
    Thanks, i just updated my goal... my net is now 1380
  • trogalicious
    Options
    Thanks, i just updated my goal... my net is now 1380

Did you check the scooby calculator?
  • melbee4
    Options
    yes! thanks. i will eat 1600 calories a day now
  • melbee4
    Options
    at the very least
  • SStruthers13
    SStruthers13 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You weigh 120 lbs and are trying to lose 7 to 10. You do not need to lose anymore weight.

Seriously, has anyone but me noticed this young woman does not need to lose weight?