What do you put in your tuna?

Options
I love tuna sandwiches lol. Growing up my grandma always made it with mayonnaise and relish. Of course that's how my mom and I always make it now. :P When I first met my boyfriend and had tuna at his house, his mom made it with corn! I was astonished, honestly lol. It seemed like the grossest thing ever. I didn't try it at first but eventually I gave in and it's actually not bad. I wouldn't put it in my own but I wouldn't pass it up at her house.

What do you guys put in your tuna?

Replies

• jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I used to put Mayo, mustard, dill relish, onion and boiled eggs. Now?... nothing. I eat it straight out of the little packet on crackers.
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    pickled jalapeno peppers and eat atop of way too many saltines........:-)
  • sandytoshiko
    sandytoshiko Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I mix tuna with homemade raw salsa. Cube tomato, cucumber, jalapeño, onions, parsley, salt and pepper. Stir it all up, squeeze some lemon or lime juice on it and serve with crackers or bread. Yum.. Sometimes I just eat it as a salad.
  • dinobunni
    Options
    Dang your guys' tuna sounds delicious. xD
  • torie079
    torie079 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Some avocado and a little olive oil mayo with low sodium natures seasoning....mmmmm
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    Straight out of the can. That's what happens when you have 60 seconds to eat any given meal :-P
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options
    MFP makes me feel boring and uncreative.
    I slap tuna on a slice of bread, stand back and admire my masterpiece,
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just mayo and raw onion in sandwiches for me. Might not sound too great but the onion provides a nice balance with how rich the tuna/mayo combo seems alone.
  • kittinbart
    Options
    my mom does likes to make tuna sandwiches with mayo and pickle relish...but her little trick is she just adds a little portion of mayo and then she mixes in some yogurt so it doesn't feel as heavy. But I like Nicosia Tuna Salad...some boiled egg and mangoes with 'em...but I understand you're not much of a lettuce fan :) hihih ^_^
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    My mouth :drinker:

Besides that, some plain greek yogurt and Frank's hot sauce. Slap on some toast and enjoy the amazing.
  • sweepgurl101
    Options
    Believe it or not cottage cheese is AMAZING in tuna!
  • Dandman1990
    Dandman1990 Posts: 196 Member
    Options

Jeez I just can't get away from cottage cheese today :sad:
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Either some creamy horseradish sauce or a wedge of laughing cow cream cheese. Salt and pepper, heat the bread for a minute in a frying pan, add the tuna and let it get warm. Yum.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    I like eating it plain
  • LumpySpacePrincess1
    Options

Jeez I just can't get away from cottage cheese today :sad:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Can of tuna, tbsp of mayo, tbsp of ketchup, small can of sweet corn, and some penne. Can't beat it.
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Avocado, lemon, red onion, balsamic, chives and black pepper.
  • armadillolabrat
    armadillolabrat Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    raw celery, onions and miracle whip or mayo
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, salt & pepper & then if I have these on hand- tomatoes, pickles, avocados, cucumbers...all diced
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I use as much chopped boiled egg as tuna in mine. A little bit of mayo and sometimes onion or a few peas!

My fiancé makes good tuna, too. His is different though - with just a TINY bit of mayo, a good bit of Worcestershire sauce, and lots of diced celery and almonds.