Did you "give up" anything?

Options
notreallychris
notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
I've been a fan of video games since I can remember. I have all the current systems, but over the past few months my video game playing is at an all time minimum. But I've come to realize that if I'm going to run/workout on a daily basis, video games have to be put down.

Have you had to give up anything in the name of fitness?

Replies

• thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Food. I miss that stuff.
  • Definitely food lol and time. I love being able to come home and relax for the two hours a day I get. But now I have to come home, workout, cook dinner, then get maybe an hour of relaxation. And thats if I didnt have to clean :p
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    Honestly, I don't know that I gave up anything for fitness. Maybe I gave up buying black heels (shoe fetish) because I buy workout gear more. I guess.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Pure laziness, extra sleep, massive bad foods .. and bigger sizes. :)
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options
    Sex, I've completely removed from my plans, well I tell myself that it was my decision to stop having sex
  • diadia1
    diadia1 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Food. I miss that stuff.

:laugh: but quite right!
  • idontknowwhoiamia
    Options
    Time! It takes time to stay healthy, and time is a valuable thing. I have to get up earlier, spend more time planning prepping meals. It's worth it though.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I gave up nothing...just have things in moderation now....
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Not really- I probably eat less junky processed stuff but I don't miss it. I enjoy smaller portion of things I really love.
  • Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I gave up Diet Pepsi (I was doing 2 bottles a day), and regular junk food eating sessions. I still am at risk walking by the junk food aisle in the store. But so far I have been able to stay strong and resist.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    Sex, I've completely removed from my plans, well I tell myself that it was my decision to stop having sex

It 'should make you want it more!!
  • hellokatee
    hellokatee Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I haven't given anything up, however I am a 10-12 book a month reader... I'm one of those people who makes reading a priority and will ALWAYS find time to read. But in the last few months that has definitely slowed down as a lot of the time that I previously spent reading is spent running! I don't like audio books, so I've just kind of accepted that my reading time has decreased. I still read quite a bit but sometimes health takes priority over a good book. I never thought I would say that. :noway:
  • chad_phillips1123
    chad_phillips1123 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Junk food and spontaneity. I try to get good healthy food I can cook now and plan things out. No more "well I'm bored, guess I could go get some Chinese or order a pizza; wonder what pizza dipped in ranch dressing tastes like"
  • shortie_cheryl
    shortie_cheryl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My house isn't as clean as it used to be :)
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all, luckily I was off work recovering from a hospital procedure so when I started getting back into fitness I had plenty of time, by the time I was going back to work I was already benefiting enormously from exercise, I was sleeping better so it felt like I had much more energy, I felt great so it does get better, it really is worth it. I have plenty of time for video games and everything else.
  • PaleoChocolateBear
    PaleoChocolateBear Posts: 2,844 Member
    Options

It 'should make you want it more!!

It cuts into Kettlebell time
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I gave up the idea that I had to give up anything.
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options

Women make you weak in the knees Rock!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I gave up about 70 pounds. That's all. I still make time for all the activities and foods that I've always loved, as they aren't the reasons I gained weight.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I gave up the idea that I had to give up anything.

This.

I woke up today, did my morning things, spent about 45 minutes down in the weight room, came up stairs, and started playing video games. I got hungry and had salmon, green beans, yams, and a big *kitten* buttermilk biscuit covered in jam. I've got oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and/or raspberry cheesecake in my frig waiting for me.

Eating slightly less and working out an hour a day hasn't exactly cause any huge changes in my day to day. /shrug