Pumpkin all the things!!

Options
sazattack
sazattack Posts: 7 Member
Fall in New England- awesome, but I just want to bake stuff, specifically pumpkiny things. I have a pumpkin bread recipe that I love, but theres enough butter, sugar, and white flour in it to kill a man. Does anyone have a lower fat/cal recipe they'd be willing to share?? I'd be happy to try any other pumpkin snacks you might have up your sleeves. :)

Replies

• kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pudding:
    Mix equal parts pumpkin (I used canned) with vanilla pudding cup (whatever variety suits your plan) and a good sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Mix well, eat. Pretty tasty and filling.

I mix canned pumpkin with a touch of honey and pumpkin pie spices - spread on english muffins (quickie pumpkin butter basically)

I use butternut squash in little hunks in chili recipes too - is that close enough? Adds a layer of flavor that's hard to pick out but tasty.

Looking forward to this! I'm all set for some fall eating - we just had our first cold front and it's COOL finally!
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Bump cause I just bought a buttload of pureed pumpkin.
  • enchantedgardener
    enchantedgardener Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Curried pumpkin soup! I'll share the recipe once I find it.
  • sanndandi
    sanndandi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'm another New Englander looking for new Pumpkin recipes!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    heres a web site with low cal pumkin goodies

http://lowfatcooking.about.com/od/fall/tp/top10lowfatpump.htm
  • aliciap412
    aliciap412 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    just bought enough pumpkin to feed a small militia. I'm hoping to try some recipes this weekend. aww yeah :bigsmile:
  • lsigall
    lsigall Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Spice Bread Made with Almond Flour

INGREDIENTS:

Dry:
    - 1 cup blanched almond flour
    - 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
    - 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    - Spice Mix:
    - 2 tablespoon cinnamon
    - 2 teaspoon nutmeg
    - 1 teaspoon cloves
    - 1 teaspoon ginger
    - 1 teaspoon allspice

Wet:
    - 1/2 cup roasted pumpkin or winter squash
    - 3 eggs
    - 3 tablespoons honey
    - 1/4 teaspoon stevia drops (optional – this makes it slightly sweeter)

METHOD:

1. Mix dry ingredients and spices together in medium-large sized bowl.

2. Mix wet together in smaller bowl.

3. Stir wet ingredients into dry and mix together until smooth.

4. Pour batter into 2 greased mini loaf pans.

5. Bake in 350 degrees oven for approximately 35 minutes.

6. Remove from pans and cool on rack
    SERVINGS: 6
    SOURCE: The Barefoot Cook

191 calories per serving, 17 grams carbs (4 grams dietary fiber), 7.5 grams protein, and 12 grams fat.
  • sazattack
    sazattack Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome! Thanks everyone! :)
  • iquiltoo
    iquiltoo Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin pudding:
    Mix equal parts pumpkin (I used canned) with vanilla pudding cup (whatever variety suits your plan) and a good sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice. Mix well, eat. Pretty tasty and filling.

Oh you are my pumpkin hero! I am going to try this tonight. Also, you can buy pumpkin pie filling, already with the spice in it - I love that for a treat all on it's own - who needs the pastry!
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    bump because pumpkin EVERYTHING
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Being from the UK, where pumpkin is only scraped out and scrapped to make a halloween lantern, I have never eaten pumpkin, pie or otherwise!!! Might have to keep the 'brains' of my Pumpkin Head this year??!!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Bumping for pumpkin recipes!
  • ashandstuff
    Options
    Being from the UK, where pumpkin is only scraped out and scrapped to make a halloween lantern, I have never eaten pumpkin, pie or otherwise!!! Might have to keep the 'brains' of my Pumpkin Head this year??!!

I died a little just now. A little piece of me just died. I almost feel like flying to the UK and cooking you a southern style pumpkin pie.
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options

I died a little just now. A little piece of me just died. I almost feel like flying to the UK and cooking you a southern style pumpkin pie.

You would be most welcome. I'll lay the table, see you in about 10 hours?? :laugh:

It must sound odd to you guys that someone could never have eaten pumpkin.....hmmm, idea for a thread here....
  • ashandstuff
    Options

You would be most welcome. I'll lay the table, see you in about 10 hours?? :laugh:

It must sound odd to you guys that someone could never have eaten pumpkin.....hmmm, idea for a thread here....

Sweet, Just let me blow this months rent on a plane ticket and here I come! ;p
    Well I don't know if I can speak for all southerners here in the US, but most of the people I know serve all sorts of pumpkin baked goods all during fall. It's almost like...not the holiday season without pumpkin? Haha.
  • niknokd
    niknokd Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mix a can of pumpkin with angel food cake mix! Not too high-calorie.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options

wow that should be a crime not to eat pumpkin any thing. theres no canned pumpkin at the store? i'm kinda shocked thats all
  • aprilcarlson
    Options
    bump:smile:
  • jardin12
    jardin12 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    In Australia we eat loads of fresh pumpkin - would never dream of eating it out of a can. Don't think we even have it in a can. Anyway we bake it in the oven with a roast - yum - I leave the skin on, and we make a lot of pumpkin soup. My fav is pumpkin soup with red lentils topped with natural yoghurt.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options

wow that should be a crime not to eat pumpkin any thing. theres no canned pumpkin at the store? i'm kinda shocked thats all

Probably because our version of pumpkins were native to North America so they may not be as popular elsewhere in the world. I :heart: pumpkin so hard.