MFP Runner Club - July 15

Options
13»

Replies

• buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Everyone!!! I am the newborn of the group here, barely making baby steps, but we all have to start somewhere, right?

Just wanted to share that yesterday during my training session at the Y, I ran twice around the track and was winded but ready to move right into the next exercise. Plus I wasn't at a crawling pace like I was on Friday...woohoo!!! I know it is nothing compared to you major mile markers, but it is a start :drinker:

Hope you each have a great day!!! :smile:

Theresa...we are no different than you in the fact that we all had to start from the beginning too! I am sure everyone of us would tell you we were once there and very soon you will be able to run with the best of them. Keep up the great work!!
  • buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Ok...so yea...3 posts in a row from me! Can you tell I am catching up for the day?

Kechie- I run in Asics GT-2130....I love them! I hope you like yours too...whatever they are!

I have to be honest....an act of God would have to happen for me to rise anywhere between 3:30 - 5:00 A.M. I have done the 5:30 thing before but only because I just couldn't sleep any longer!! You guys are amazing!

31 MILES!?!?!?!?! Hello?!! That's longer than a full marathon. What the heck kind of race are you running? I don't even like going that distance in one stretch in a car and you are going to run it?! YOU ROCK!!!

Well today was a rest day for me. I feel guility because I have had 3 days off in the past 12 days. I usually only take one day off at most but lately I have been sore and having a hard time with my knees and hip. I think I might be overdoing it so I am going to be smart and listen to my body...and all of you!
    I do feel better today and my knee soreness is gone. My hip is only just a little sore at this point so I hope tomorrow I can get up and do a nice long run. Unfortunately it will have to be on the treadmill because the weather here is supposed to be really hot and humid all night and tomorrow long!

Talk to you all tomorrow. Have a wonderful, restful night!
  • rdhsm
    rdhsm Posts: 16
    Options
    Hello. I actually was going to run before work today but the smoke was so thick I was instantly coughing... not the greatest air day. If the temps go down I will try and catch a dusk run. Otherwise hopefully tomorrow is better.
    Night
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    I hoping under 5 hours! Yikes!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I hoping under 5 hours! Yikes!!!

You're amazing!!!! Best of luck to you!!! :heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • runnerwithstyle
    runnerwithstyle Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I did a thirty minute tempo run with a half mile for warm up and cool down.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    WOW what a great day on the thread.....SOOOOO MANY MILES!

I was reading earlier feeling guilty for not writing that I was skipping out on my Tuesday night run. Then I got a text from my neighbor to go "around the block" tonight. I live on the last "block" of a small town in South Dakota....so my around the block is 3.2 miles. It was hot, humid, I ate a bug, and I was sweating in places I didnt know I had....but here I am...proud of my run and feeling better about myself to end the day.

AND I get to post with a smile on my face....not hiding in the shadows!!

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!! Have I told you lately that I love you?? :laugh: :heart: :laugh: :heart: :laugh:

Happy Running and Sweet Dreams!

Ali