Options
    bump
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin spice muffins
    One can of 15oz 100% pumpkin
    One spice cake mix
    Mix together and sprinkle a lil cinnamon and sugar on them.
    Bake at 375
    For about 25 mins.
    There is under 100 calories in them.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Just the basics - canned pumpkin's fine but the homemade puree beats it by a mile, so here's how to do it - it then takes the place of the canned stuff in all recipes. When shopping for pumpkins to cook with, skip the flavorless jack-o'-lantern pumpkins and instead look sugar, 'cheese,' or any heirloom varieties.

Halve the pumpkin crosswise and scoop out the seeds (which you can then season and toast later) and strings. Place halves, hollow side down, in a large baking pan covered with aluminum foil and add a little water. Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees for 1½ to 2 hours or until fork-tender. Remove. When cool, scrape pulp from shells and puree, a little at time, in food processor or blender. (Save the leftover rinds to make vegetable stock that can be used for pumpkin soup or pumpkin risotto.)

To use pumpkin puree for recipes, it must be drained first: Line a strainer with a double layer of cheesecloth, paper towels or a dish towel and let the pumpkin sit to drain the extra moisture.

Yield: Varies based on moisture content of specific pumpkin, but roughly one cup of puree per pound of raw pumpkin.
  • AnnaVee84
    AnnaVee84 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    just had this pumpkin chili last week, hooray for fall! (even though it's still 90 deg in here in las vegas haha) and i'm super excited to have pumpkin protein overnight oats this week!!!

pumpkin chili from an MFP friend - it is deeelish! and super easy!

Mince one large onion, 3-4 cloves of garlic and one bell pepper.
    Cube one large sweet potato.
    Saute these veggies in 1-2 TBL olive oil for roughly 10 minutes, then add about a pound of lean ground turkey.
    Brown for another 10 or so minutes, and make sure you stir it and break it up into little bits and such.
    Then add one 15 oz can diced tomatoes, one 15 oz can kidney beans, and one 15 oz can of pureed pumpkin.
    Add a cup to two cups (depending on how thick you like your chili) of chicken broth, and stir evenly to combine.
    Season with a teaspoon each of salt and black ground pepper, two teaspoons of ground cumin, and one tablespoon of hot chili pepper.
    Then let that simmer for 20-30 minutes.
  • dittmarml
    dittmarml Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    A favorite from lunchbox.com a couple of years ago:

Ginger Pumpkin Butternut Squash Soup
    vegan, makes about 6 cups

1 cup canned organic pumpkin (or use fresh roasted if you have on hand)
    4 cups butternut squash cubes
    1 Tbsp ginger powder
    1/3 cup grade B maple syrup
    2 Tbsp vegan buttery spread (add more for a richer, more buttery soup)
    1/2 tsp pink sea salt
    1/4 tsp cinnamon
    4 leaves fresh sage, torn
    1/2 cup+ plain almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)

To Make:

1. Add 4 cups of water to a large pot. Bring to boil. Add in butternut squash cubes and a pinch of salt. Boil until squash is tender - but not falling apart.

2. Drain the squash and add to a high speed blender. Add in the pumpkin, spices, and all the remaining ingredients. For the milk, start with 1/2 cup and keep adding until your soup reaches your desired thickness.

3. Blend. Serve immediately - warm. Or you can simmer on the stove until ready to serve. Garnish with fresh sage leaves.

OMG
  • kellyskitties
    kellyskitties Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    and now my latest invention: (drinking first cup ever now!)

Pumpkin Latte
    vanilla protein powder (I used half scoop - more would be tastier)
    vanilla extract
    pumpkin (I went 1 tbs canned - could have used more)
    pumpkin pie spice (no idea - heavy sprinkling)
    Coffee - to fill cup

Stir until all melded together - curl up and sip.
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Bump to come back here after work for the recipes. :heart:
  • chubber231
    chubber231 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    IN.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    This is so not healthy but these are my pumpkin cookies, or as my boys call them pumpkin crack

Pumpkin Cookies
    Ingredients
    • 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    • 1 teaspoons baking soda
    • 1 teaspoons baking powder
    • 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice < I eyeball this and tend to go heavy
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
    • 1 cup brown sugar
    • 3/4 cup butter (1.5stick),plus 1 tbs softened
    • 1 can pure pumpkin (15oz)
    • 2 large egg
    • 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    • 1 bag Hershey cinnamon chips (minus the handful I eat)
    • 1 cup toasted pecans (chopped) (bake raw pecans in the oven while it is preheating until they are fragrant) <optional my boys like it better without nuts
    Directions
    PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease baking sheets.

COMBINE flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt in medium bowl. Beat sugar and butter in large mixer bowl until well blended. Beat in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in cinnamon chips and pecans. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.

BAKE for 15 to 17 minutes or until edges are firm. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    While I am giving you not so great but very tasty recipes

Pumpkin Cranberry Biscotti Recipe
    • 4 1/2 cups flour
    • 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
    • 1 teaspoon baking powder
    • 1/4 teaspoon salt
    • 3 eggs, at room temperature
    • 1 cups sugar
    • ½ cup brown sugar
    • 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla
    • 3/4 cup (1.5 stick) butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
    • 1 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
    • 10 oz orange cranberries
    1. Position one of your oven racks in the center. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
    2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
    3. In large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with the whisk attachment of an electric mixer on high speed until the sugar dissolves and the eggs become pale yellow and foamy. Add the pumpkin and vanilla and stir to blend.
    4. Using the paddle attachment of your mixer on low sped stir in the butter, seeds, and cranberries
    5. Gradually stir in the flour mixture until the dough comes together in a ball.
    6. Place the dough on a work surface dusted with flour. Lightly dust your hands with flour and shape the dough into a 4 inch by 14 inch log. The dough will be sticky so you may need to add more flour to your hands and the work surface as you go along to accomplish this.
    7. Carefully pick up the log and place in on your prepared baking sheet. (if the log is too long for your baking sheet, cut it in half and place each half on a separate baking sheet since the dough will spread as it bakes.
    8. Place the baking sheet on the center rack of your oven and bake for 50 minutes, or until the top of the log is golden brown and feels firm when you press it with your finger.
    9. Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and allow the log to cool to room temperature.
    10. Place the log on a cutting board.
    11. Using a serrated knife, cut the long on a slight diagonal into 1/2-inch slices.
    12. Place slices on the baking sheet cut side down.
    13. Bake the biscotti another 30 minutes, or until they are crisp and golden brown.
    14. Place baking sheet on a wire rack and allow the biscotti to cool completely on the sheet.
    This recipe yields about 24 Pumpkin Cranberry Biscotti.
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I love pumpkin everything too...especially Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes...which is hurting my plan this Fall :0)! There is a recipe website called Skinnytaste.com that has all lowfat recipes and she has a whole section devoted to pumpkin recipes. I made the skinny mini chocolate chip pumpkin muffins and they were amazing! They freeze well too :smile: !
  • kbeardmore22
    kbeardmore22 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    bump, love pumpkin :smile:
  • mickeyullrich
    mickeyullrich Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    This is the recipe for the muffins from Skinnytaste.com. I didn't have the whole wheat flour on hand at the time so I used all purpose flour for the whole thing and they still turned out great!

Skinny Mini Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 14 • Size: 2 mini muffins • Old Points: 3 pts • Weight Watcher Points+: 4 pt
    Calories: 160 • Fat: 5 g • Carb: 27 g • Fiber: 2 g • Protein: 2 g • Sugar: 18 g
    Sodium: 118 mg • Cholest: 0 mg

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour (King Arthur)
    • 3/4 cups unbleached all purpose flour (King Arthur)
    • 3/4 cup raw sugar
    • 3/4 tsp baking soda
    • 1 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
    • 1/4 tsp salt
    • 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
    • 2 tbsp virgin coconut oil (or canola)
    • 2 large egg whites
    • 2 tsp vanilla extract
    • baking spray
    • 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners and lightly spray liners with oil for easy removal.

In a medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking soda, pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and salt with a wire whisk. Set aside.

In a large bowl mix pumpkin puree, oil, egg whites and vanilla; beat at medium speed until thick. Scrape down sides of the bowl.

Add flour mixture to the wet mixture, then blend at low speed until combined; do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.

Pour batter into prepared muffin tin and bake on the center rack for 22 to 24 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.

Let them cool at least 15 minutes before serving.
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    bump for good recipes
  • hmuh
    hmuh Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal for One
    (It's like cake! Nom nom nom)
    http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2010/11/10/baked-pumpkin-oatmeal-for-one/

1/2 cup rolled oats (50g)
    1/4 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2 tsp cinnamon (and 1/8 tsp nutmeg, if making pumpkin version. Or just use pumpkin pie spice.)
    sweetener, such as 1 1/2 to 2 tbsp maple syrup or 1 to 1 1/2 packs stevia (I used less, but I’ve cautioned you before about my lack of sweet tooth.)
    1/4 cup canned pumpkin (or applesauce or banana)
    1/4 cup milk of choice, or nondairy creamer, or water (scale back by a tbsp if using liquid sweetener)
    1/8 tsp salt
    Optional: 1 to 2 tbsp oil or favorite nut butter (if oil, scale the milk back by a tbsp)
    Optional: raisins, walnuts, brown sugar to sprinkle on top, etc.
    Preheat oven to 380 degrees. Combine raw oats, spices, pumpkin, and milk. Pour into a greased 1-cup ramekin (or two 1/2-cup ramekins) or a mini-loaf pan. Cook for 20 minutes or more, until it gets firm. Finally, set your oven to “high broil” for 3 more minutes, or until it reaches desired crispy-ness (or simply just bake longer, but broiling gives it a nice crust).
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • StinkyWinkies
    StinkyWinkies Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I make pumpkin pie without the crust and call it a 'mousse' or 'souffle' -- I think it tastes better. I vendor brought me a pumpkin muffin from Dunkin Donuts last week...omg...We have a MUMFest every fall here and I usually pick up something made with pumpkin and have never been disappointed.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    In.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    bump...for the recipes