Pumpkin all the things!!

Options

Replies

• GaJavaGirl
    Options
    Bump for all the yummy-looking recipes!!
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Just had this for breakfast and it was pretty tasty, although I think if I make it again I'll probably up the milk a bit and add a T of coconut oil--it was a little dry for me.
    http://foodforthefresh.blogspot.com/2012/12/baked-pumpkin-oatmeal-w-apples-pecans.html?m=1
  • cubsgirlinny
    cubsgirlinny Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes.
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Not sure how if this would be an improvement on calories or fat but, they looked good to me

Impossible Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes

1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
    1/2 cup sugar
    1/4 cup brown sugar
    2 large eggs
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    3/4 cup evaporated milk
    2/3 cup all purpose flour
    2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 cup muffin tin with silicone liners, foil liners sprayed with cooking spray or just spray the cups with cooking spray. Either of these three methods will make it easy to take the cupcake out after it’s cooked. Paper liners make it difficult to remove the cupcakes.
    Mix the pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and milk. Add the flour, pumpkin spice, salt, baking powder and baking soda to the mixture. Fill each muffin cup with 1/3 cup of the mixture. Bake for twenty minutes and let cool for twenty minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle more pumpkin pie spice on top and serve. Makes 12 cupcakes.
    *disclaimer = I found this recipe via Pinterest and do not claim this recipe as mine
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I made this stew once, I can't remember the recipe exactly but basically, scoop out the pumpkin flesh, chop it and cook it with onions, other veg you fancy, dill weed, then throw in a bit of stock with penne pasta (or I guess you could substitute beans?) - enough stock to make a sauce, not enough to make soup - and cook till the pasta/beans are done. Stir in some creme fraiche, pour it back into the pumpkin shell and take to the table to serve. (unless it's the pumpkin you used to make a Jack o lantern - then the stew would dribble out!)

It was a veggie recipe - from the days when I was veggie - but you could add bacon, or sausage or chicken I guess?
  • Gestahl
    Gestahl Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I see one Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal recipe already, but I'll put the one I've been using here. Made it twice already this year, and I plan to make it again. I split it into 8 servings of 193 calories.

Baked Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal:

Ingredients
    1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin purée
    ½ cup brown sugar
    2 large eggs
    2-3 tsp pumpkin pie spice OR mix your own (as below)
    ½ tsp salt
    ¾ tsp baking powder
    ½ tsp vanilla extract
    1½ cups almond milk
    2½ cups dry old-fashioned oats

Pumpkin Pie Spice:
    1½ tsp cinnamon
    ½ tsp allspice
    ½ tsp ground ginger
    ½ tsp nutmeg
    ½ tsp cloves (half if preferred... this is for a heavier kick of clove)

Instructions
    Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, whisk together the pumpkin purée, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder until smooth. Whisk in the almond milk.

Mix the dry oats into the pumpkin mixture. Coat an 8×8 (or similar sized) baking dish with non-stick spray. Pour in the pumpkin oat mixture. Cover with foil and bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, removing the foil after the first 30 minutes. (I like a bit drier, so I usually leave it in the oven for an extra 10 minutes afterward)

Serve hot right out of the oven or refrigerate until ready to serve (it refrigerates and reheats well). I prefer to eat it hot with a half cup of almond milk and a bit of pure maple syrup on top, but it can also be eaten plain, cold, with a dollop of whipped cream, or however you'd prefer it.

8 servings, 193 calories. 4g fiber, 7g protein, 275mg sodium, 384mg potassium, 1g saturated fat.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Biffybeans1
    Biffybeans1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Here's a Weight Watchers recipe my neighbor shared with me:

Pumpkin Cake:
    1 box mix, either spice cake or carrot cake (my neighbor used carrot cake mix)
    1 can pureed pumpkin
    Water

Icing:
    Cool Whip Vanilla Frosting

Stir pumpkin puree into dry cake mix in large bowl adding enough water to make a cake batter consistency (just guess). You may add water so the batter is a bit thicker than regular cake batter, but don't add so much water that the batter is thin. Pour into 9x13 cake pan that has been sprayed with vegetable spray. Bake in preheated oven temperature that is suggested on cake mix box instructions. Bake for time printed on cake mix box. Cool completely on a cooling rack when baked. Ice with the new Cool Whip Vanilla frosting (found in freezer section next to regular Cool Whip).

I don't know any of the values/counts for this cake. However, the MFP database should have these ingredients. My neighbor brought me a piece of this cake and it was very good.....moist and delicious. The Cool Whip Vanilla frosting I think tastes like a light version of cream cheese frosting.
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Don't go here if you are hungry - you have been warned :-)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/11/20/35-favorite-healthy-pumpkin-recipes/
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have pumpkin pie steel cut oatmeal in the crockpot right now. I am making it for my breakfast for this week.

I am going to make the pumpkin fluff tomorrow with the leftover pumpkin I didn't use for the oatmeal. I got the recipe here last fall.

1 container of cool whip ( I use fat free)
    1 can of pureed pumpkin
    1 box sugar free jello vanilla pudding
    pumpkin pie spice to taste (or the pumpkin pie spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves)
    Mix together and use as a dip for fresh fruit or graham crackers.
    I just eat it with a spoon.
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Just made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins----delish.
  • drlsw
    Options
    I mix canned pumpkin with low fat vanilla yogurt and add pumpkin pie spices. It's low calorie and very much like pumpkin pie filling. I've also used canned pumpkin with splenda and spices, warm in microwave and pretend it's pumpkin pie. Very filling and satisfying to me.
  • aesquivel47
    aesquivel47 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • RM10003
    RM10003 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I see one Pumpkin Pie Baked Oatmeal recipe already, but I'll put the one I've been using here. Made it twice already this year, and I plan to make it again. I split it into 8 servings of 193 calories.

Ooh, I'll have to try this version! Looks like it might be a bit more to my liking (ie, a little wetter) than the one I posted upthread. Thanks--
  • tpelotte
    tpelotte Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    bump...
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Being from the UK, where pumpkin is only scraped out and scrapped to make a halloween lantern, I have never eaten pumpkin, pie or otherwise!!! Might have to keep the 'brains' of my Pumpkin Head this year??!!

I know it is probably a cultural thing, but that seems a shocker!
  • pdawson05
    pdawson05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just made pumpkin cookies and a pumpkin roll... I don't think about anything with the pumpkin flavor until fall season...don't know why!

Can't imagine never having a pumpkin flavored donut as well with some hot cider!
    mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!.....now that is a northern treat!
  • pdawson05
    pdawson05 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Being from the UK, where pumpkin is only scraped out and scrapped to make a halloween lantern, I have never eaten pumpkin, pie or otherwise!!! Might have to keep the 'brains' of my Pumpkin Head this year??!!

I died a little just now. A little piece of me just died. I almost feel like flying to the UK and cooking you a southern style pumpkin pie.

You would be most welcome. I'll lay the table, see you in about 10 hours?? :laugh:

It must sound odd to you guys that someone could never have eaten pumpkin.....hmmm, idea for a thread here....

Sweet, Just let me blow this months rent on a plane ticket and here I come! ;p
    Well I don't know if I can speak for all southerners here in the US, but most of the people I know serve all sorts of pumpkin baked goods all during fall. It's almost like...not the holiday season without pumpkin? Haha.

I just made pumpkin cookies and a pumpkin roll... I don't think about anything with the pumpkin flavor until fall season...don't know why!

Can't imagine never having a pumpkin flavored donut as well with some hot cider!
    mmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!.....now that is a northern treat!
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Pump bump!!!! Love the pumkin!!!