How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
Every morning. :yawn:

Replies

• Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Each morning - about six or seven times in the space of 5 minutes. I take the lowest reading to be the most accurate. :wink:
  • ejdutton
    ejdutton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I would just stick to weighing yourself once a week. I usually weigh in on a monday morning (that way it makes me less likely to over indulge on the weekend!)

Your weight can vary so much from day to day so it is best to stick to one specific day and at the same time if possible.

21087146.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mirrinias
    mirrinias Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily. I like to see how eating certain foods will cause water weight gain, and I enjoy seeing my weight graph with the ups and downs.
  • elisegeringer
    elisegeringer Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Once a week :)
  • aliasbee
    Options
    Every Morning when I get up.
    I graph it.

If I don't take regular metrics, I feel I wouldn't be able to know if I'm making an error in my calories, or some such. Weight is variable from day to day, but if you measure under the same circumstances, (when you get up, after you pee for example) it's more consistent.
  • Red_Dwarf74
    Red_Dwarf74 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I weigh In once a week first thing In the morning after visiting the loo.
  • NordicAlien
    NordicAlien Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Officially (ie for recording purposes) every Sunday. In practice, three or four times a night, basically every time I wake up either thinking "am I thin yet?" or having had nightmares about clothes shopping where I'd gained another hundred pounds. Hopefully these will both wear off as time goes by. :)
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Every morning. I record once a week though.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Every morning. :yawn:

^^^ This^^^
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Every morning for me, too. But it's more than just the number of pounds I'm interested in - I have a scale that also calculated muscle %, body fat %, and water %. Those are the numbers I really pay attention to!
  • amme0414
    Options
    Every morning. My scale also does fractions of a pound, so it's nice to see how different foods affect my weight. :)
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Every Sunday @ 7:24 am n I have an alarm set lol
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    I waited 5 weeks after beginning this...now I will weigh in once a week.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    After my period, every day for 2 weeks, then none until the next one... because it's pointless, I just gain water weight after I ovulate anyway.
  • wwest21
    wwest21 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself once a week. After I moved I haven't weighed myself in two months.
  • salgalruns
    salgalruns Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Each morning - about six or seven times in the space of 5 minutes. I take the lowest reading to be the most accurate. :wink:

LOL... I do the exact same thing! Yes, I know it's an overall measure. Yes, I'm striving for moderation. Yes, I know there's more to life than a number on a scale. Yes, I do it anyway. ;)
  • mollyjdaniels
    Options
    Right now, I'm weighing myself once a week.
  • init2fitit
    init2fitit Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily so that I can track how sodium affects my body and see if I need to up my water intake. Also, to graph the weight b/c anal retentive-esque behavior.
    But I measure weekly.
  • exmsde
    exmsde Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself most days, but I only count Monday mornings in terms of monitoring my progress. The first is for trying to understand how my eating, drinking, exercise, etc. habits are impacting my body. The Monday one is the important one.
  • Gee_24
    Gee_24 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Every morning. Then later in the day after a BM.

I actually forgot to yesterday and I was so excited about doing it today. I wish I had more will power to stay away.