Options
    Bump:smile:
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    Options
    Bump because PUMPKIN that's why!
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    Being from the UK, where pumpkin is only scraped out and scrapped to make a halloween lantern, I have never eaten pumpkin, pie or otherwise!!! Might have to keep the 'brains' of my Pumpkin Head this year??!!

I died a little just now. A little piece of me just died. I almost feel like flying to the UK and cooking you a southern style pumpkin pie.

You would be most welcome. I'll lay the table, see you in about 10 hours?? :laugh:

It must sound odd to you guys that someone could never have eaten pumpkin.....hmmm, idea for a thread here....

Get yourself to the nearest store and pick up a can of Libby's pumpkin puree. Look for a can with the pie recipe on the label. Follow directions. To make it even easier, they have canned pumpkin with the spices already mixed in, I think they call it Pumpkin Pie filling. And do NOT forget the Cool Whip for the top!

I actually make my pie using Eagle Brand milk. Just takes a can of pumpkin, a can of Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk, 3 eggs,and spice it up with all the pumpkin pie spices. It is HEAVENLY!

Once you get a taste of that, you can move on to Pumpkin Rolls with cream cheese filling! :happy: :love:

Edited to fix quotes. hopefully.
  • melzie32
    Options
    The pumpkin bread with Almond Flour sounds great!!
  • kganc001
    Options
    Bump for the punkin love. :)
  • chemteacher1987
    chemteacher1987 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I got this recipe for pumpkin chocolate chip cookies from Sally's Baking Addiction and I loved it. :)

Chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

Perfectly soft & chewy pumpkin chocolate chip cookies without being cakey.

yield: MAKE 2 DOZEN COOKIES

Ingredients:

* 1/2 cup (1 stick or 115 grams) unsalted butter
    * 1/4 cup (50 grams) light brown sugar
    * 1/2 cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
    * 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    * 6 Tablespoons (86 grams) pumpkin puree
    * 1 and 1/2 cups (190 grams) all-purpose flour
    * 1/4 teaspoon salt
    * 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    * 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    * 1 and 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
    * 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg*
    * 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves*
    * 1/2 cup (90 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

In a medium bowl, whisk the melted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar together until no brown sugar lumps remain. Whisk in the vanilla and pumpkin until smooth. Set aside.
    In a large bowl, toss together the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a large spoon or rubber spatula. The dough will be very soft. Fold in 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. They may not stick to the dough because of the melted butter, but do your best to have them evenly dispersed among the dough. Cover the dough and chill for 30 minutes, or up to 3 days. Chilling is mandatory.
    Take the dough out of the refrigerator. Preheat the oven to 350F degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
    Roll the dough into balls, about 2 Tablespoons of dough each. Slightly flatten the dough balls because the cookies will only slightly spread in the oven. Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes. The cookies will look very soft and underbaked. Keeping them in the oven for longer may dry them out. Remove from the oven and press a few more chocolate chips onto the tops, if desired. If you find that your cookies didn't spread much at all, flatten them out when you take them out of the oven.
    Allow the cookies to cool for at least 10 minutes on the cookie sheets before transferring to a wire rack. The longer the cookies cool, the chewier they will be. I let them sit out for at least 1 hour before enjoying. I find that their chewiness and pumpkin flavor is more prominent on day 2. Cookies stay soft, moist, and chewy stored at room temperature for up to 1 week.
  • mcjmommy
    mcjmommy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    bump for the recipes. My picky eater 4 year old asked me to make pumpkin cookies today :) He doesn't eat any vegetables, btw ;)
  • blukttn66
    blukttn66 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, I love pumpkin!
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I made pumpkin muffins that were delicious!

One box of Classic White Cake Mix and one large can of pumpkin pie filling. Mix the two together, do not add the egg, oil, or anything the cake mix calls for, just the dry mix and the pumpkin. Makes 18-24 muffins.
  • Sarahndipity30
    Sarahndipity30 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin Pie Protein Shake
    Ingredients

24 g Vanilla protein powder (or serving size of your brand)
    62 g Pure Pumpkin
    4 oz Blue Diamond unsweetened vanilla almond milk
    1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
    1/2 - 1 tsp Cinnamon to taste
    1/2 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
    Dash of nutmeg
    Water
    Ice
    Magic Bullet or blender
    Directions
    Combine vanilla protein powder, pumpkin, almond milk, vanilla, and seasonings in Magic Bullet cup. Add 5-8 ice cubes, depending on how thick you would like it. The more ice cubes you use, the thicker the shake. Fill the remainer of the cup with water. Blend all together and enjoy!

Nutritional Information: Makes 1 serving. Per serving: Calories 153, Fat 2.95 g, Carbohydrate 8 g, Protein 25.2 g (macronutrients calculated using a serving of Muscleology vanilla protein powder. The nutritional information will change based on the brand of protein powder you use).
  • rebekahlp
    Options
    I love those pumpkin muffins with the cake mix. I make a few batches each fall.
  • carapline
    carapline Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fall in New England- awesome, but I just want to bake stuff, specifically pumpkiny things. I have a pumpkin bread recipe that I love, but theres enough butter, sugar, and white flour in it to kill a man. Does anyone have a lower fat/cal recipe they'd be willing to share?? I'd be happy to try any other pumpkin snacks you might have up your sleeves. :)

I've not made it through the whole thread yet to see if anyone else has suggested this, but you can replace some of the oil with extra pureed pumpkin. I often replace part of the oil and/or sugar in breads like this with extra pumpkin, banana, or applesauce. Never all, though, as the bread doesn't have the same texture. I believe I used about half the oil called for in the pumpkin bread recipe I use, and the other half I use extra pumpkin.
  • neenie122
    Options
    Tuscan Pumpkin White Bean Soup. I've been making this for years.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeId=87571
  • HermioneDanger118
    HermioneDanger118 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Bump because I LOVE pumpkin anything!!!!
  • CaeliGirl11
    CaeliGirl11 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jerendeb
    jerendeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    This is a variation of a recipe I tried yesterday. http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/10/roasted-pumpkin-sage-soup.html