What counts as water?

Options

Replies

• jerendeb
    jerendeb Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Water from a tap or bottle only. Everything else in beverages from the database.

Hey Catholics, don't drink Holy Water. It may have e. coli in it.
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I count saliva as water. It's interesting trying to measure that but once you've done it long enough you it gets easier. I used to measure water teaspoon by teaspoon and see how it felt in my mouth. Then I would make sure to save up the amount of saliva it took to make a teaspoon and then swallow. That way I was as accurate as possible.

My hero. LOL.
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I only count water, puuure water.

Where do you find *pure* water?

At the Southern Baptist Convention...duh
    Not the Catholic church???

The fact that you even need to ask makes me stop and pray for your soul.

I hope for their sake that they're taking the piss.

Unless they really want to get scientific, then that's just plain stupid.
  • evdenapoli
    evdenapoli Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
    if i put ice in my bourbon, it counts as water.

LOL!!!
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I personally only count plain water! If it's anything else then I'd add it on my food log, not to my water one.
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    I don't count water. I know I'm hydrated.

If you're really worried, count your drinks as both consumed foods AND water. Drink a 20oz soda? Log it as 20oz soda for the calories and also 20oz water for the hydration.
  • fairyt4l3s
    Options
    I count water (obviously) but if I have green tea or other types of tea I track the water in that. I also count water in squash, but I log squash as well as it has calories. :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Personally, I count any liquid that isn't alcohol.

It's about hydration, not water.

And some people count alcohol. It's a personal preference. If you're not dehydrated, you're getting enough liquid.

I can't count my alcohol? Now I'll never reach my water goal for the day!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

If you're really worried, count your drinks as both consumed foods AND water. Drink a 20oz soda? Log it as 20oz soda for the calories and also 20oz water for the hydration.
    Apparently, you can't do that. It seems to be an either/or situation from what I'm reading in this thread (and others).

i think your computer zaps your hand if you try to do both.

Also, sodium and minerals and all that other stuff in water lets it still be water, but adding coffe, tea or any kind of flavoring causes it to cease being water and cease hydrating your body.

Science.
  • ChangingAmanda
    ChangingAmanda Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water.

The way I look at it, the rest have additives that make my body process it differently than just water.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    The only time i'll consider an additive to still be water is if i add a lemon or cucumber slice to my water. Everything else gets logged.
  • Sassyallday
    Sassyallday Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Water counts as water. Tea, flavored water, soda, juice, etc. They are all mostly water. Adding something to the water doesn't make it less water, anymore than eating something while drinking the water makes it less water.

Hmmm. Buttered popcorn is mostly popcorn. Does that mean the butter doesn't count?

Nothing but water hydrates and cleanses like water. Everything else adds something to the body that requires more water to cleanse.
  • Spartan_1_1_7
    Spartan_1_1_7 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Plain water
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    The only time i'll consider an additive to still be water is if i add a lemon or cucumber slice to my water. Everything else gets logged.

I heard that the caffeine in cucumber slices dehydrates you. Might wanna rethink that stratagem.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Am I the only person who doesn't log water?

nope. Can't see the point personally.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    What about ice? Is ice water? not sure if i should count it.

No. Ice is dihydrogen monoxide.
  • SailorKnightWing
    Options

Apparently, you can't do that. It seems to be an either/or situation from what I'm reading in this thread (and others).

Also, sodium and minerals and all that other stuff in water lets it still be water, but adding coffe, tea or any kind of flavoring causes it to cease being water and cease hydrating your body.

Science.

Quite. That's why I always eat the packet of Crystal Light powder before drinking a bottle of water. Because it magically stops being water when you add something, right? Damn transmutations, why did I become an alchemist?
  • Beastmode454
    Beastmode454 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Crystal light.
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options

Science.

Quite. That's why I always eat the packet of Crystal Light powder before drinking a bottle of water. Because it magically stops being water when you add something, right? Damn transmutations, why did I become an alchemist?

c28.gif

So how would I log this "science beverage" you speak of? I can't seem to find it in the database. Do I just count it as 8 oz. of water?
  • SailorKnightWing
    Options

Science.

c28.gif

So how would I log this "science beverage" you speak of? I can't seem to find it in the database. Do I just count it as 8 oz. of water?

I'd just log it as a cat.

funny-cat-inside-vase-liquid.jpg