Is pepsi healthier than milk???

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    I see that pepsi has zero fats at all no saturated trans or any of that but milk does . Is it possible that pepsi is healthier than milk ? Please dont answer my question WITH a question , just answer it lol ..
    Aren't you the same guy that said that someone needs to do 2 hours of cardio to balance out overeating?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Pepsi tastes like crap. At least drink Coke. I just had heavy cream in my coffee though, so I am sure to die from well, you know, fats and bad stuff.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I understand why the question is there - there's an assumption that all fat is bad. That comes from miseducation but it's something we've all been guilty of.

Sugar is the culprit and reason for rising obesity levels.

Now, anyone for a glass of wholesome high fructose corn syrup? Comes from plants so should count as one of your five a day.
    If sugar is the culprit and reason for rising obesity levels, then explain why sugar consumption peaked over 10 years ago, and has been in steady decline while obesity is continuing to increase.

*highfives Tigersword*

Seriously, please don't condemn a particular food group. The obesity epidemic is due to failing to eat a moderate, balanced diet while becoming increasingly inactive as a society.

Sugar (HFCS) consumption is on the increase.

Children are moving just as much as they were 50 years ago.

You provide no sources. So I don't either. :bigsmile:
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    the presense of fat does not determine how healthy something is.

would a bag of fat-free sweets be healthier than an avocado?

no.

This!

There is room in your diet for both Im sure. You can't do a direct comparison on coke and milk its mad :/
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I see that pepsi has zero fats at all no saturated trans or any of that but milk does . Is it possible that pepsi is healthier than milk ? Please dont answer my question WITH a question , just answer it lol ..

Go on a pure milk diet for a month, then go on a pure pepsi diet for a month, and tell us which one made you feel healthier.

... if you're still alive after the pepsi month.

A diet of just one single thing for an entire month is probably not a good idea
    Except pizza.

New diet born. Swoon.

That's kinda what milk was designed to do though. To be the sole source of subsistence for several months.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

The hell you say! Have you heard of "No Child Left Behind"? Time spent for reccess and physical education was drastically cut. And on top of that, video games!!!

I believe my point has been made.
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Fat does't make you fat. Dietary fat is a nutrient your body needs. So are protein, calcium, and vitamin D. Milk has all of these, Pepsi does not. Pepsi is pure sugar. Yes, milk has some sugar also, but if you are determining the health benefits of food or drinks solely by fat content you may want to do some research or talk to your doctor about why that is not a good idea.
  • ruffnstuff
    ruffnstuff Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Pepsi tastes like crap. At least drink Coke.

:love: :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • juniperfox
    juniperfox Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Only if you drink it with ice and a straw to help balance out the toxins. Consuming too much milk makes you bulky, so pepsi is def better.
    Lots of "common knowledge" going on in this thread, no science to back it up.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    yeah. pepsi's healthier. coke even healthier still.
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Sugar and soda will not make you an obese child if you are active. I grew up on skittles, tiny tarts, sweet tarts, and big league chew consumed daily. I was also on the football and track team, and rode bmx at least 5 miles daily. However if you sit on your *kitten* all day playing video games and never go outside to burn off calories you will become obese on that diet. And I prefer Coke over Pepsi.
  • darrensurrey
    Options

The hell you say! Have you heard of "No Child Left Behind"? Time spent for reccess and physical education was drastically cut. And on top of that, video games!!!

Can't remember the BBC documentary. Might be The Men Who Made Us Thin. It mentions what I suggest.

Anyway, what about HFCS? Is it not an issue?

Google "lustig sugar" and see what articles come up.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Both are rank.

Water is the way to go.

(closely followed by wine of course!)

Reverse that.. and i'll agree.. wine then water.. oh and coffee.. can't forget coffee..

(i know, i know,... i'm gonna die)
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Only if you drink it with ice and a straw to help balance out the toxins. Consuming too much milk makes you bulky, so pepsi is def better.
    Lots of "common knowledge" going on in this thread, no science to back it up.
    Ummmm....pretty sure that was a joke...at least I hope
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    i'd argue that no one particular food item is intrinsically unhealthy.

food is really only healthy or unhealthy when looked at in the context of an overal diet.

If your diet already consists of a lot of carbs, pepsi would be the more unhelathy choice.

if your diet already consists of a lot of fats, milk would esstenailly less healthy.

thats purely based on nutritional value alone and ignoring things like food additvies.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Can't remember the BBC documentary. Might be The Men Who Made Us Thin. It mentions what I suggest.

Lustig is a blasphemous liar!

But go ahead and blame sugar. I've lost 90+ lbs and have it daily... and yes, HCFS-type of sugar too!
  • Avalonis
    Avalonis Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    The stupidity in this thread is overwhelming my brain.
  • darrensurrey
    Options

But go ahead and blame sugar. I've lost 90+ lbs and have it daily... and yes, HCFS-type of sugar too!

Is he?

TBH I've happily lost weight eating everything but there's a lot of anti-HFCS about these days...
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Is he?

TBH I've happily lost weight eating everything but there's a lot of anti-HFCS about these days...

Well I don't buy into that. No sense in debating... I don't have the energy to go look up a bunch of studies. I just, in general, do not believe in the demonization of food. I am fat because of my own choices, not because of some secret conspiracy by some industry or another. I'm a business student, and therefore, a capitalist. If people didn't eat the food, then companies wouldn't produce it.

But I appreciate that you are being open-minded about it.