All 5'3-5'4 ladies! Needing Motivation & Support

Options

Replies

• emilybaun
    Options
    I'm 5"3 and my highest weight was 186.. I'm 22 pounds down at the moment with a goal weight of 145 or so! Feel free to add me for support!
  • shabrick00
    shabrick00 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hello I am pretty far off from alot of the ladies that have posted. Im 5'4 and 340lbs. my heaviest 347 as of 09/11 and today I am 340lbs. It is very hard but I am trying and I plan to keep going down! My goal weight to start is 250lbs which I know will take alot of time (this is just a short term goal).
  • kaylammi
    kaylammi Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and a half! I was 190 last November after having my son. When I started MFP a few months ago, I was 185. I'm at 177 now.
    My goal is 155 (my pre-pregnancy weight) but that is still overweight! My ultimate goal weight is 135.

I fall off the wagon way too much, but I guess it's still working....sloooooowly......

Add me if you'd like!!
  • Jannah1208
    Options
    I'm 5'3 3/4 and now weigh 160. I did WW last year after baby number 3, his name is Adam. Before Adam, I had just lost about 60lbs (I was on a new Diabetic med that took me from 170 to 232) Once down to 165, I kept it off for about 3 years and then... bam pregnant. Went up to 195, after his birth stayed at 191 forever! So, after his 1st b-day I gave myself a gift, WW at work, I lost 30lbs. I decided to try MFP, as I did not re-enroll for WW. I heard about MFP from lots of people and thought I would give it a try. I am a very busy momma, but I get on here everyday for tracking and motivation. I figure I lost weight before and kept it off, I can so do this again.

P.S Adam is now 2. I wanna finish before he turns 3 in January.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", I'll be 22 in November, and I'm now 105 lbs. When I started losing weight four years ago I was 140 and I was only reducing my caloric intake. Two years ago I started running to get in better shape and now I run three to four miles per day, four to six days per week, and I eat a "clean" (unprocessed foods) 90% vegan diet. I've been maintaining and working to improve my overall fitness for the past year
  • IamSheaMc
    IamSheaMc Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options
    5'3+ 26yrs

I left high school 2004 at 118lbs
    Entered community College 2006 at 120lbs
    I came to America for college Jan 2008 at 125lbs
    Graduated college 2011 at 150lbs :noway: no bueno!

Started working out and struggled to lose, fluctuated a lot between 149lbs & 145lbs

Stared Insanity Aug 1st 2013 at 147lbs
    Today I weigh 140lbs!! :bigsmile:

Next pound I lose will take me back to the 130s I can't wait :happy:

I turn 27 in Feb so I want to hit 130lbs-125lbs by/before then.
  • massromanticfool
    massromanticfool Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    5'3". My highest recorded weight was at 166, but I suspect it was actually quite a bit higher since I started losing weight before I weighed myself. Started working out at May '13, and started consistently logging at the end of August this year. I'm at 152 now, which is the lowest I've weighed since Middle School, and I'm aiming for 135 with the possibility of reevaluating if I get there and think I need to lose more weight. Good luck, ladies!
  • CaitlinMyers428
    CaitlinMyers428 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently 157 pounds. I'd like to be around 125. Feel free to add me! :)
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    I am similar. 5'4" and went up to 198 when pregnant. I lost weight pretty fast and went down to 165 after having my son. But then I stated meds to increase my milk supply and somehow I ended up gaining 20lbs. I have even gained while here at MFP as I am now 185. I eat under 1800 (but i usually only end up eating 1700 or less) a day as I am still breastfeeding about 5 times a day and I have problems keeping my milk supply up. I started 30ds 8 days ago and feel good about that but I have gained a few pounds since starting. Maybe it is muscle?

I would love to have some friends with similar goals to help motivate me. Mainly I want to be healthy and to able to fit into a pair of jeans I had years ago. If I could size 8 again that would be great. Currently I a size 12.
  • charcharhaver
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently fluctuate between 122lbs and 119lbs. I need to come to terms with that fluctuation!

I was an overweight kid, weighing in at 200lbs at 5'3" when I graduated high school over 10 years ago. Lost 60lbs in college just by eating healthier and being active (hiking, rock climbing, competitive rowing). Held steady between 135-140lbs through my mid-20s, then gained 10-15lbs a few years ago while going through some career stress (no time to exercise, stress eating junk and take out food, etc.) When I hit 150lbs, I decided that I needed to lose weight and gain fitness, so I started training for a triathlon. I dropped 10lbs in a couple weeks very easily, then another 10lbs over the next 6 months and maintained that for about a year.

About 6 months ago I decided to start training for a marathon and also signed up for a couple triathlons and duathlons over the summer. Dropped about 10lbs during those 6 months and LOVE my new, fit body. I'm strong and feel great! Now it's all about maintaining the weight and the fitness over the looooong coooold winter.

I've struggled with eating my daily net calories for maintenance because it's physically very difficult to eat so much, and I'm also terrified of gaining back all the weight I worked so hard to lose.

It's great to hear other people's stories! It's sometimes hard to find fitness and nutritional information for us shorties!
  • ash012
    ash012 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • tricialindy
    tricialindy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 (160cm) and CW is 132 (60kg). My goal is to reach 105-110 by Feb'14. I'm 28 yo and I would really like like to lose the weight to feel healthier and look better. I was never lower than 115 ever before and was always considered the "bigger" sized amongst my peers (I'm Asian).

Way to go!!

To remind myself:
    CW: 132
    SW: 132
    GW: 105 (about 25 pounds to go!!!)
  • vxxtoria
    vxxtoria Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3".. started my journey March of this year and weighed in at 210.8 pounds at that time.
    I weighed in at 176.9 pounds this morning! Total loss of ~33 pounds.
    I have set up mini goals for myself.. first one being 165 pounds and then 145 pounds.
    The smallest I've ever been is 165 (approx. 16 months ago) and I knew I wanted to lose a more weight at that time. I was always overweight growing up so I'm just taking each goal as it comes and will see how I feel at that time. :)

I've always had the number 123 in my head.. so that could be my "ultimate goal weight". But like I said, maybe I'll be just as happy at 145! :)

Happy losing, ladies! :)
  • natalieyeo39
    natalieyeo39 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 (160cm) and CW is 132 (60kg). My goal is to reach 105-110 by Feb'14. I'm 28 yo and I would really like like to lose the weight to feel healthier and look better. I was never lower than 115 ever before and was always considered the "bigger" sized amongst my peers (I'm Asian).

Way to go!!

To remind myself:
    CW: 132
    SW: 132
    GW: 105 (about 25 pounds to go!!!)

Girl! That's totally me! Except I'm 5'4 and 142 pounds now. Haha it's hard being chubby when everyone is stick thin -.-
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm 5'4" and have just joined because this weekend I weighed in at my heaviest ever - 159. My lowest ever adult weight was 116 but my favourite weight, which I maintained for many years, is 130 and so that's my goal.

At our height, the weight shows, but as a taller friend said to me - so does the weight loss - even 5lbs can make a difference to how clothes fit or look.

I want to be back under 140 by Christmas Day. That's the plan.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Bump to reply after work;-)
  • maximumcutie
    maximumcutie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 5'4'', 26 years old. I've struggled with my weight pretty much since high school. I've been a student for most of the time since then, and was gaining about 10 lbs a year. I always felt too busy to take care of myself. Way easier just to stop and get fast food on the way home after a long day than cook something healthy. Forget about working out. My heaviest was 208 (at least that I weighed myself at) and I'm down to 192 now with a lot more work to do. I find it really hard still with cravings for non-healthy food, and not wanting to workout. I tend to put too much pressure on myself to be perfect all the time, so when I overeat one day I get really depressed about it (and it makes me just want to eat more). I'm trying not to expect perfection as much any more, and just be happy with the progress I've been making. Congrats to all the other success stories, I take them as inspiration that it can be done.
  • danascott798
    danascott798 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hello. I am 45, 5'4.5" and my CW is 181, SW201, and GW 145. I started on MFP at 189. I get so encouraged reading all the different stages that everyone is at. I know all I have to do is keep on, and I will be there too. Today is a good day since this was the first day someone who didn't know I was dieting noticed that I have lost weight! Yeah! Have a wonderful day my weight loss companions!
  • MADIABEL
    MADIABEL Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 5'4" my starting weight was 262 current weight is 158 looking to get down to about 135 -140. It has been amazing road with all the people here at MFP. Love this site helped me so much.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I am 5"3" and currently weigh-in at 136.2 lbs. My goal weight is somewhere between 110-120 lbs.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!