9 lbs lost but something's wrong...

Options
124»

Replies

• NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I did not know you were a foreiner.. as I dont see you in real life. did you think I have a TV or a video screen here and I am looking at you in real life?
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I'm saying the same thing because you're not listening, despite the fact that most of the people in the thread are telling you the same thing. Have fun starving on 1300 calories and not losing weight.

Have a cookie and relax, my friend.

I just had a whole plate of yummy raviolis :) don't worry. Cookies aren't my thing. :))) peace out.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

I trust my trainer who told me eat 1300 not you saying I eat too big of a deficit...

Goodness...simple question requires a simple answer, not spamming on it..

If you trust your trainer so much, why don't you go ask him? Surely that's going to give you a more satisfactory resolution than arguing with everyone here (who are all giving you very sound answers already)?
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    I did not know you were a foreiner.. as I dont see you in real life. did you think I have a TV or a video screen here and I am looking at you in real life?

It's internet, you can't assume everyone is American born, and if somebody doesn't speak the way average American doesn't maybe it means they are foreigners, but that's a whole different story, not for this thread.
  • SarahRosewriter
    Options
    If your trainer told you to eat 1300 calories a day, your trainer is, frankly, an idiot. You will slow your metabolism down so much you not only will not lose weight, but will gain weight more easily in the future. Also, it is virtually impossible to live on 1300 calories a day the rest of your life, so what's the point? If you will eat healthy food, around 1600-1800 calories a day, and do a little walking, you will almost certainly lose weight. Doing "nothing" for exercise is not good for you, either. Eat more, walk more, you'll lose weight. I've done it enough in my life to know--it's the making yourself do it that's difficult.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options

I trust my trainer who told me eat 1300 not you saying I eat too big of a deficit...

Goodness...simple question requires a simple answer, not spamming on it..

If you trust your trainer so much, why don't you go ask him? Surely that's going to give you a more satisfactory resolution than arguing with everyone here (who are all giving you very sound answers already)?

Can't, he moved and even if he was here I don't have money to pay for his consultation.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    If your trainer told you to eat 1300 calories a day, your trainer is, frankly, an idiot. You will slow your metabolism down so much you not only will not lose weight, but will gain weight more easily in the future. Also, it is virtually impossible to live on 1300 calories a day the rest of your life, so what's the point? If you will eat healthy food, around 1600-1800 calories a day, and do a little walking, you will almost certainly lose weight. Doing "nothing" for exercise is not good for you, either. Eat more, walk more, you'll lose weight. I've done it enough in my life to know--it's the making yourself do it that's difficult.

Okay, put me on exercise plan here. You know my health?

Again, I don't need suggestions on "right" way of losing weight.
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    No such thing as clean foods, unless you mean washing them before you eat it.
  • MuseofSong
    MuseofSong Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I can tell you from experience that when you have a lot to lose you can drop weight by practically just thinking about it. You're just starting out too, weight flies off at the beginning with hardly any work. You mention going over your allowance but from what you're saying, you're not going that far over so you're probably still in a deficit so you will continue to lose weight. Are you weighing and measuring food? If you're not even logging accurately I'm not sure what kind of answers you expect.

The long and short of it is, if you are losing weight and continue to lose weight long term, then you're in a calorie deficit. That's all that's really important. Keep it up.

I am a medical student, self-taught nutritionist lol...for myself, I've educated myself about all these things for past 6 years, I learned calories, sugars, fats from using same food all the time and seeing how much in what. I ALREADY been through that, I do know these stuff. I do weigh my food, even coffee creamer.
    And most of the time, I would say 90% I log food, I just don't log EXTRA on top of my already OVER limit.

I'm happy to hear that you know everything about medicine and nutrition and are an expert in all things pertaining to your needs. So, my question is why do you have questions?

Anyway, welcome to defeating the purpose of logging when you only write down the good things on the good days and stop when it goes bad.

And as other posters mentioned, you figured out your deficit incorrectly. If you are 260, an active college student, and you think your daily limit for 2 lbs loss per week is 1300 calories, I can tell you right now, you're doing it wrong.

Trainers/Diet Coaches/Weight Loss Program dieticans will let you pay them money to tell you 1200 calories is okay! But when you're over 200 pounds, it's really NOT okay. It'll make you sick and tired. And besides, you already know it's not working because you are eating over your trainer recommended 1300 and still OK.

We're not being paid money. We have nothing to gain by telling you to eat a healthy amount of calories for steady weight loss.

Some paid professionals will half starve you and over train you to make you see fast, early results, so you come back and keep paying them more money.

Edit: Oh you didn't pay your trainer for a consultation, which is usually what happens before a paid program begins, AND he moved. Well super duper! I'm glad you still have an excuse for everything. Good luck :)
  • ziggiezambi
    Options
    Well if you know so much why are you asking? :tongue:
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i'm guessing that you have a lot to lose. perhaps continue eating well within calorie deficit. that's a proven way to do it. maybe something strange would happen from time to time but don't get affected.
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    No, I just think only some understand what I am saying on here.

My TRAINER set my limit to 1300!
    What? He is wrong and you guys are right?

Yes. I think your trainer is short-changing you big time.

I's really nice of you to hold the guy in such high esteem and take his word on everything, but to be honest, a lot of trainers don't have all that extensive of educations, and MANY are worrisomely ignorant on the subject of TDEE and energy expenditure. 1300 cals a day for a woman of your height and weight is way too low. You say you're self-taught, that's awesome, so do some poking around and calculate your TDEE for yourself, and you'll see that you are actually supposed to be eating much more.

I trust him because he helped 3 girls I personally seen at biggest and after...
  • ThisTimeWorks
    Options
    Well if you know so much why are you asking? :tongue:
    I am asking why, because logically I would lose weight eating all healthy things.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options

Okay, put me on exercise plan here. You know my health?

Again, I don't need suggestions on "right" way of losing weight.

Ok, honey, I'm going to bow out gracefully here and just let you self-destruct, now.

Everyone here has been more than respectful to you, and you have repaid us all with nothing but snark, shouting and a combative stubborn attitude.

All of your questions have been answered, either in links or direct answers. It's all here, waiting for you to read as soon as you access your Dr. Jekyll side and calm down enough to let logic and reason sink in.

Good luck with your journ-aw, hell I give up, you've probably stopped listening already. Oh, well. Horses to water, and all that.
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I haven't read all that replies, so maybe someone already said this. But generally, you'll lose weight because of a calorie deficit. It doesn't matter if you ate 1500 calories of carrots or cake. If your body burns more than 1500 calories a day, you'll lose weight. So the eating clean thing versus eating junk probably doesn't make that much of a difference, weight loss wise. Extra sodium might make you retain water weight, but whatever.

As for you supposed to be eating 1300 calories a day. That's probably too low for you. If you go a couple hundred calories over, say 1600, when you're supposedly overeating, that's probably a better number for you to be eating. I mean, I lost weight eating 1400 -1550 for a long time, and my body requires a lot fewer calories than yours. Might I suggest starting a little higher and lowering it as you continue to get smaller?
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options

It's internet, you can't assume everyone is American born, and if somebody doesn't speak the way average American doesn't maybe it means they are foreigners, but that's a whole different story, not for this thread.

I dont know why you are making an issue out of something that i meant nothing about. I dont know who is a foreigner or not.. that doesn't even come into my thinking.