What do you eat when you're sick?!

Options
2»

Replies

• sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Radish Soup, radishes are really good for the immune system :)
  • robindina
    robindina Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    If I have a cold I want something spicy, if it is a stomach issue my go to food is Ramen noodles.
  • eylia
    eylia Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Soup and rice are my major turn-tos when I'm sick. I usually add a fair whack of cayenne to my soup to help clear my head and also to make myself more aware of food; often spice is the only 'taste' I get when I'm fluey. If my throat's sore, I drink hot water with honey and lemon. Garlic too, I throw it in everything anyway, but make a conscious effort when I'm sick to use more.
  • kristidem
    kristidem Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of sick. Just a head cold - pretty normal (sometimes more warm foods rather than breakfast bars). Flu - sip water, maybe plain soup, white bread.... really take it easy.
  • branbury
    branbury Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I agree. Chicken broth to provide some energy. But if I'm sickSICK, and don't feel like eating -- I don't. I had a bad cold/flu earlier September, and did not eat what I regularly would eat, but ate enough to be comfortable. And I stayed hydrated. I lost one pound (ok, maybe water weight) after 3 days. But that 'water weight' has stayed off. I try to use a bad cold/flu to my advantage.
  • branbury
    branbury Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sure hope you are feeling better soon.