Options

Replies

• marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    Panties

:explode: :explode: :explode:

THIS!!! OMG that word needs to die.

I've heard this before.. so what's the appropriate alternative!?

Undies. Underwear. Thong. Even undergarments is better than the P word.

I say "Knickers"

Worst word ever? Spastic.......

I am partial to "Skivvies"
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    "Well" as in "You look well". Really, that's all you can come up with?

I just assume they mean I've put on weight.
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Channing Tatum

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uPOUgobWTT0

Watch, you will understand
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Hmm, words don't really offend me, but ones that annoy me are:

When referring to a woman as "cute". Don't like that....kids are cute, not grown people. IMO at least

"Socialization".....

"Yup" instead of yes or even yep
    The one that makes my teeth itchy is not even calling women "cute", but just calling them "girls". If you would refer to a male of the same ages as a man, you absolutely, categorically cannot in logical good conscience refer to a female of that age as a girl. Only if you would say "boy" may you say "girl". Jeebus efficacious cripes that annoys the pee-waddlins outta me!
  • alyhuggan
    alyhuggan Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    The word "Toning" should be illegal.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options

When referring to a woman as "cute". Don't like that....kids are cute, not grown people. IMO at least

"Socialization".....

The one that makes my teeth itchy is not even calling women "cute", but just calling them "girls". If you would refer to a male of the same ages as a man, you absolutely, categorically cannot in logical good conscience refer to a female of that age as a girl. Only if you would say "boy" may you say "girl". Jeebus efficacious cripes that annoys the pee-waddlins outta me!

i use "guys" and "girls".

i'd use "gals", but i'm not from oklahoma.
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Not so much a word but more the phrase " you would be so pretty IF you lost weight"

This!!! Totally this! It's like... what am I ugly now?:noway: If you can see that far past the fat to see the potential beauty then why can't you see my inner beauty as well! Boy that really ginds my gears!:grumble:
  • ashleegil
    Options
    I really hate moist. it's the shape your mouth makes at the oi part it just feels sick to me.
    As far as offensive. C.U.N.Tuesday is HIGHLY offensive. I love to say it, my mom hates it and no woman likes to be called one.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    My grandmother once called one of my sisters "oversized," and another time she said my sister was "built like a brick sh$t house." Did not go over well.

Had she lost weight between 'oversized' and 'built like a brick sh$t house'? Because if she hadn't, your mother doesn't know what the latter means.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    My grandmother once called one of my sisters "oversized," and another time she said my sister was "built like a brick sh$t house." Did not go over well.

Had she lost weight between 'oversized' and 'built like a brick sh$t house'? Because she hadn't, your mother doesn't know what latter means.

^ this.

the 2nd phrase is a compliment.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Well when men refer to a another man as a pu$$y , like being called female and or a part of her is somehow insulting , when is the last time a woman said to another woman your such a prick ,really ?
    and I agree with the poster who said ","
    but just calling them "girls". If you would refer to a male of the same ages as a man, you absolutely, categorically cannot in logical good conscience refer to a female of that age as a girl. Truth !! finally thank you .
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options

"Socialization".....

i use "guys" and "girls".

i'd use "gals", but i'm not from oklahoma.

Aw, I like "Gals". I use that one a lot and i'm from Jersey

"Women" & "ladies" sound too stiff & formal to me, and "girls" makes me think of little girls.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    apparently, the word "moist" is not well-liked by those with XX chromosomes.

:tongue:

I use it at work as much as possible.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    The 'c' word. . It has blown up on twitter and is a big reason Twitter lost its appeal for me.

Agreed! C U Next Tuesday :noway:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Panties

:explode: :explode: :explode:

THIS!!! OMG that word needs to die.

I've heard this before.. so what's the appropriate alternative!?

Commando. Just do away with panties altogether, and we won't have the word anymore.
  • perpchaska
    Options
    agreed. worst thing EVER.
  • cwkaty
    cwkaty Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    BUNT, but with a "C". I hear that pretty offensive.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    "Well" as in "You look well". Really, that's all you can come up with?

I just assume they mean I've put on weight.

:huh: I'm just going to stop talking to people. When I tell someone they look well, it usually means they look healthy and happy or <insert nice thing here>. Sometimes they might look smoking hot but it may not be appropriate to say so. Well covers many bases.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Had she lost weight between 'oversized' and 'built like a brick sh$t house'? Because if she hadn't, your mother doesn't know what the latter means.

Right?