Options

Replies

• laurenvan143
    Options
    Accountant :)...super exciting lol
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    I'll give you one guess and it doesn't rhyme with Corn.

Love it though!!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    I do schedueling for a home health care company and I do notl like my job I have about 45 girls who i supervise and also about 50 or more clients I have to schedule on a daily bais. When the PCAs go to work its a half decent job but when they dont then its hell. Also when Coorporate gets involved it messes things up too So to answer your question Yes i hate my job most of the time its too stressful ......but its a job and good paying one at that with great benifits and lots of vacation time. (6b weeks) So looks like Im staying until they fire me or I retire or win the lottery which ever comes first LOL
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Real estate agent, and I absolutely love what I do helping people buy and sell homes!

nice plug :drinker:
  • playitagainsam
    playitagainsam Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Real estate agent, and I absolutely love what I do helping people buy and sell homes!

Glad to hear that you love this job. This is a job that I was actually considering applying for in my town. Guess your success just depends on the area that you live in.
  • patrickblo13
    patrickblo13 Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Operations Manager for an oil distributor. I oversee 7 warehouses throughout NY, VT, MA and PA
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Personnel and Recruitment for a drilling company. Love it! Usually.....
  • jaimrlx
    jaimrlx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    •Full time Comp Sci/Software Engineer student
    •Own/operate a Pet Sitting/Dog Walking service for "aggressive" and special needs pets (and otherwise)
    •Full time Team Lead/desk jockey at a massive corporate outfit.

Love school, love animals - HATE working at my 'real' job, but I get paid too much to leave. Paying for school out of pocket can suck a toe. :explode:
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I am a criminal defense investigator. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE my job.

I have worked sales in the past, which I did not love. I have done administrative work (budget preparation for government departments, etc.) and didn't really care for that either.

I have found my happy place. :wink:
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I live in a van down by the river.

Got candy?
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Glad to hear that you love this job. This is a job that I was actually considering applying for in my town. Guess your success just depends on the area that you live in.

FWIW I work with a lot of realtors. your success depends on how much you want to work. I also appreciate working with realtors who have a strong understanding of the entire home buying transaction. I am on my third redraw of loan documents for a file because the realtors keep ****ing around with the closing date :-(
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I make games.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Accounting and I love it!
  • Marcelynh
    Marcelynh Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    I am the CEO of a small consulting firm that advises new organizations in the areas of individual development, education, finance and the setting of the organizational goals. This is done through the establishment and implementation of personal goals for the individuals within the organization and the organization as a whole. An emphasis on the spiritual, mental and physical health of the organization's members is maintained with daily support consultations available upon request......

It's a fancy way of saying "grandma"
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Video game commentator, not that I get paid for doing it.

We should hang out. LOL
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Ob/Gyn Surgeon. More stress than any mere mortal can bear....so I too, am dialing it back a notch, and dropping Obstetrics (like lots of others...)

Love surgery & people who want to help themselves stay healthy. Hate bureaucracy, inefficient EMR/EHRs, endless paperwork, and crappy insurance companies who fleece their patients and blame it on us. Hate Obamacare and the FALSE hope they have given to millions of people who really need it.

My student loan debt is larger than my mortgage, and will take longer to pay off....

It could be worse....
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options

nice plug :drinker:

actually, it's a nice forum/community guidelines violation :wink:
  • kyleekay10
    kyleekay10 Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    So, that leads me to my question for you guys - just out of curiosity - what do you do for a living and are you happy with what you do?

For just over three years I worked at an Online High School doing a variety of things (enrollment, 504 Coordinator, Student Advisor etc). Just over a year ago I transferred to that school's Software and Curriculum provider, and I am now the Account Representative for the school I previously worked for.

I conduct system training, handle day to day questions, and I'm the middle man between the client (ie; the school) and our Curriculum/Programming teams. I love it! It challenges me and helps me build upon my existing skills, and it's fantastic money considering I'm only 22 and have no degree yet.

However, I am hoping to get back to school soon so I can continue my studies, and I'd like to eventually be a licensed therapist.