Any one else doing Tapout Xt?

Options
13»

Replies

• Bastiencade
    Options
    I've been mixing it with Insanity and TurboFire for about a month now. I LOVE this workout - it's probably my favorite of the bunch. The Muay Thai (sp?) video was a surprise to me, I've never done any sort of workout like that and wish I could find other videos similar to it. It was my workout today and the 40 minutes flew by while I drip with sweat and feel stronger!

I've seen comparisons to Insanity but, at least in my opinion, they're completely different. I feel much stronger in my arms and legs after starting the program.
  • Kahlilah
    Kahlilah Posts: 3
    Options
    Any assistance when it comes to the pain in my wrist? I stopped doing the program because I was having pain in wrist with all those push ups. I do miss the program though cause after 10 days I was seeing results. any advice on how to deal with that pain in my wrist? Am I doing it wrong?
  • RaniZakko
    RaniZakko Posts: 2
    Options
    m
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin! Thank you for the encouragement! And, wow you guys are doing awesome! Can't wait to see your before/after pics!

Did you stick with the meal plan? I thought my calorie levels were okay, so I have been doing my own calorie count, but I've only lost like a pound in the first week... Any thoughts?

When you start programs like this, you often retain water while your muscles heal. I see it in the forums quite a bit. This should even out.
  • foleyshirley
    foleyshirley Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I looked at this. For those who are doing this, how bad is it on the knees? I know Insanity is supposed to be very hard on knees, so I thought I would ask.
  • RaniZakko
    Options
    What do you guys eat after an Tapout xt training?
  • nelsongruber
    nelsongruber Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first week of Tapout XT and I feel great! Lot´s of sweat, lots of pain because I didn´t excersise for over 4 month so every single muscle in my bady was in pain, but it really makes you feel awesome.

I already can do a lot more than the first day and I know if I keep going like this I´m sure I´m going to be able to do the complete excersie in the second month.

Usually I eat light after the workout, egg white omelet, tuna salad, chicken breast green salad, fish with vegetables. The cool thing about this is that I´m a chef so I can cook almost anything I want the problem is that I´m so tired after the workout that I have no energy to cook hahahaha...

there´s only one more thing I can tell you: DON´T QUIT!!!
  • secretgirl4611
    secretgirl4611 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I'm about to strat it again, since I keep falling out of it. It's so hard, yet so fun!

^ Im with her! I just started it again today.. It is very hard and fun.. I would say it is definitely harder than Insanity and I completed Insanity last year. So, far with Tapout Xt I managed to complete Month 1 just two weeks ago BUT I feel since I waited too long to start Month 2, I might as well re-do Month one so yep I started it up again :)

Oh, and it helps for us MMA peeps!
    I have 2months left to make weight for my first MMA Fight..
  • carolmclen
    Options
    OMG after being to bootcamps and boxing classes, Tapout XT takes the lead. It has only been Day 3 for me and my husband. We wanted to work together at home and this challenges us, and gets us out of our Comfort zone. Its so intense, and when we want to Quit we think of Day 30, 40, 50 and 90. We know we can do it and as we work hard it will get better with our endurance and strength levels. Looking forward to mesaurments day 10 and forward.
  • mulcahya
    mulcahya Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Just had my day 10 weigh in and measurements - down 4 pounds, and around an inch off my waist and hips. Pretty impressive for 10 days for me! I'm hoping to lose around 13-14 pounds in total, and 4 inches off my waist and 5 off my hips. So it seems pretty on track for these results over a 90 day period! I'm really hoping to tone up a lot and maintain fitness as I find it hard to do other exercise as well as TapOut, and I've noticed a massive difference in my pushups since day one. I struggled through planks initially and all pushups were from my knees. Now, the planks are basically fine and even though I still do some pushups from my knees, I make sure I do at least 3 of each type in each workout - so when doing something like Strength and Force Upper this equates to a lot of pushups! Nice to feel a difference already and feel like I"m getting stronger =)
  • nikita198
    Options
    I just ordered my tapout xt workout dvds today, and after reading all your posts i cant wait to get it! hopefully i dont have to wait too long before i can start!
  • Duanejohhanson
    Options
    Has anyone done the tapout xt workouts without the food plan and still get good results??
  • niaomidawn
    Options
    I dont follow the meal plan (way too hard with food aversions and time) but eat healthy and good and have had great results!!! Its so hard but so worth it!!

Can anyone tell me how to log the exercise? What do you put it as so I can get an accurate calorie burn??

Thanks!!
  • doxielover2013
    doxielover2013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just completed day 3 of TapOut XT. Killer workout! I don't follow the meal plan cause I'm vegetarian. I couldn't resist the scale today, down 1.4 lbs! I have a long, long way to go but excited to see results!

I have been logging it as vigorous calisthenics in my exercise log. Wish they had it in the database!
  • Im_Worth_It
    Im_Worth_It Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Planning to start tomorrow!!! ????wish me luck!! I hope i make it to day 90!
  • Candyleegirl
    Candyleegirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am on day 4 of Tapout. Really enjoying the variety in the DVDs. Everything hurts and I am really looking forward to day 10 to see what results I have acheived!