I'm back... and ashamed

Options

Replies

• Welcome back!! I my self just joined after getting off MFP and gaining 20 plus lbs!! Eek!!
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I never really quit logging in regain half of what I lost after reaching goal. I'm now on my way back. Also have a fitness support group on facebook starting October 1. Feel free to add me and let me know if you want to join my challenge group. Gone a different direction to get back.
  • Lucy3410
    Options
    Nothing to be ashamed of at all. As you can see, there are plenty more, just like you, including me! We are all here for support. As many times as I've been on and off MFP, this is the first time I've joined in on the message boards, and it seems to be helping! Good luck, and I just sent you a friend request!
  • vivek85
    vivek85 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    woooo, what a coincidence!!! me too.
  • Clorfeine
    Options
    Hang in there! There's nothing to be ashamed of. I've been there more than once or twice myself, and manage to fight back. The important thing is that you're here and ready to fight this thing. I myself am right now at target rate and am afraid of the slippery slope. Would be happy to be your buddy if you like!
  • hack360
    Options
    I started back yesterday too. Looking back at where I left off versus where I am today is a little defeating. I thought I was getting "fat" when I quit a few months ago. Although I am a little under 10lbs heavier, I have lost all my muscle tone which makes me look a good 25lbs heavier.

Like you, I liked the feeling of my healthier lifestyle. I have been on Pinterest searching for weight loss motivation blogs.

Good luck to you!
  • aablacknell
    aablacknell Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed:ohwell: . There are many of us on this site. I have been back on several different occasions. I am hopeful that this will be my last time...we will see:wink: .
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! :drinker:
  • anonniemouse
    anonniemouse Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I understand what you're going through. You just gotta keep picking yourself up and carrying on. You know how to do this. You'll back to where you were again. Good luck!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I did the same thing last year, and I felt so bad that I unfriended all my friends. I did not want them to know that I had gained my weight back.

You have to move forward one day at a time. Your only other choice is to give up...and that is really not an option is it?

I am glad you are back, now go kick some *kitten*!

P.s....I have since lost 85 lbs.
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    There must be so many of us who have to begin again.
    i have put on 10kgs since last August.
    Jan
  • skylarbwell
    skylarbwell Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about the past. The important thing is you are here today! Good luck in your journey, you got this!
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed. You can see lots of people in the same situation. I have done weight watcher, TOPS, south beach, work weight challenges, sugar busters,spark people, and on and on. One thing I have learned is the minute I stop weighing myself and logging, I gain instantly.so I have been taking it slow, trying to establish some new habits I can stick with. For me, the scale is my friend because it tells me the truth.
  • janer4jc
    janer4jc Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    The only reason that a person should be ashamed is if they throw in the towel and give up for good. If you're willing to jump back in, there's still hope.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    You're not alone bruh! When I started this thing I kicked so much butt I thought "wow this is easy and it looks like I won't have weight problems ever again because I have the knowledge on how to easily lose weight". Fast forward to all these months later and I'm as fat as ever. I'm a huge excuse maker that always finds reasons to reward myself with food so it's no wonder I am where I am. Until I fix that, I'll be suffering with weight issues forever. So more than anything, the mental aspect of it is the most important thing to fix.
  • SpunkiMama
    SpunkiMama Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Me too!!

From being 240lbs lbs, making goal in the 130's, now back to the 170's? (ugh!!)

yes its hard to come back and face the music, but its better than hiding behind the curtain!!

get out and dance...you can do this, you did it once, you can do it again...

So can the rest of us on our 2nd,3rd,4th,5th... time getting up and going again...

Friend me if you want :)
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    I hear you... (or read you) - I too feel from the grace of fitness but came back a few months ago. It took a bit but I'm back on track and almost to goal. I'm confident you will do it and it will stick with you this time. You can do it!!! Shame has nothing to do with it so feel proud of yourself that you are taking control of it now.
  • Poetic64
    Poetic64 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed - most of us have been there more than a couple of times! Lord knows I have - LOL!

My Weight Loss History:

Highest 285 As a teen
    Down to 155 Loss 130

Up to 185 In my 20s
    Down to 160 Loss 25

Up to 220 In my early 30s
    Down to 160 Loss 60

Up to 219 In my late 30s
    Down to 160 Loss 59

Up to 200 In my early 40s
    Down to 160 Loss 40

Up to 228 In my mid 40s
    Down to 195 Loss 33

Now up to 212 In my late 40s
    Goal: 155 Need to lose: 57

When I reach my goal I will have lost over 400 pounds. I did not even count the constant few pounds gained and lost in between all that time!

This time I will not get comfortable and stop monitoring my food choices. Only we can control what goes into our mouths.

I know you'll have some bad days, but I hope your victories outnumber your defeats! Blessings to you during this hard but exciting journey!
  • ljglivingfree
    ljglivingfree Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!!!
  • lleadbetter
    Options
    welcome back, i also am good friends with the yo-yo. we just keep trying, one of these times it is going to work. :smile: