15 lbs & 20 in. lost in 24 days (w. pics)

Options

Replies

• MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    well done fantastic results! wow
  • fhargis0002
    fhargis0002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Holy cow!
    You look great! Dont worry what other people say. I can say I have done the supplement thing, and it was hard to maintain and not gain back, but NOT impossible! And I actually read your post and saw that you said you rarely logged correctly so I have no judgement on your logged calories. I don't eat back calories either unless I need them. My body usually knows if I need the extra fuel and lets me know about it. Everyone has the right to their opinion, but you look great. The next step is to just figure out a way to maintain your loss and continue it, and you will.
  • ButterflyDame
    ButterflyDame Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    great loss :) and def see the results :) do what works for you x PS. i don't eat back my exercise calories either :)
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Congrats !!! That is amazing for just 24 days !! Attention to ALL SHE CLEARLY SAID SHE DOES NOT LOG ALL HER FOOD!!!!!! Read
  • judilockwood
    judilockwood Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Your doing a great job! keep up the good work. Seeing as how you defended yourself and stated that you are eating 1400 calories a day I don't see why you wouldn't be able to keep that kind of eating up for life. 1400 cals is a great range..

I also don't understand why people don't follow the golden rule..

Which golden rule you ask?

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all :)

I so agree. You've done so well. Nothing to stop you kickstarting your diet if you want-I did similar and it gave me a huge confidence boost..You're looking good, carry on the good work. Remember it's your body, take ownership of your diet and GOOD LUCK! x
    PS I rarely eat my exercise calories back, call it a deficit boost x
  • thesweatybetty
    thesweatybetty Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!

thanks!
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    Congrats on an awesome loss!

Use that picture as motivation to continue striving toward your health and fitness goals. Some days will be easy and some days will be excruciatingly hard. Don't give up.

I look forward to more success story posts from you in the future :)

thanks so much! I really appreciate this comment!
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    Ug, sorry that you're getting so many rude know-it-alls. I don't get where this phobia of a low calorie diet is coming from. If any of you has any solid research on how bad it is to eat that amount (OTHER THAN MUSCLE LOSS! More muscle DOES NOT equal more health) then I would gladly read.

You did a great job! And the fact that you have more energy is a GREAT sign. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I really appreciate the kind words!
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    WELL DONE! and I've researched advocares challenge, my husbands friend from highschool is a fitness trainer for an NFL team and swears by it as one of the most effective, healthy "kick starts" and "metabolism boosts" out there! He starts most of his personal clients on it, and suggests to maintain at least the protein post workout but doesn't insist on it, after the initial first month. He's turned couch potatoes into champions in 6 months flat! I'm a believer! Just not a "afforder" cux it's super expensive! lol clean eating and working out would have done that in this time as well, with a high protein count, but I beleive in the benefits of the added nutrients and help of the appetite suppressant especially for the people who have trouble with that initial start up into the life change!

You should be PROUD! of your progress so far and keep at it till goal!

Those that are against your supplements are only uneducated as to what kind of program it is hon! It's not like hydroxys, or methamphetamines, but a lot of people tend to be black and white about everything.

Don't let it steal your thunder, just show em all that it worked for you by keeping up your awesome habits! You look AMAZING!!!

youre awesome! thanks for the sweet comment! and I don't think the supplements are magic pills by any means, but they def helped give me an extra push :) thanks again!
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    Dont try to defend yourself! You dont' need to. THere are so many know it alls out there. I've been on here for over 4 years and what i've learned is ALOT of ME and MY body. I think you doing the right thing on listenign to your body...eating when your hungry and if you can't eat any more YOU DON"T!!!!!! why people think you need to stuff your face when your not hungry isn't for one normal. Im a huge fan of fasting and this is definatley not a popular thing on here. I don't care. I have learned so pretty aweseom things about how to take care of my body and feed it and NOT feed it. I've done the whole eating all my calories back and gained massive weight....i' ve dont the whole 1200 calories only and that didn't work either. I was strict on macros for years....that didn't work....what worked was listening to my body and learning the food is awesome and not a bad thing. What's bad is so many damn rules people make on themselves. Anyway, you are started in the awesome direction and you should be very proud of yourself!! Just keep up the commitment to change your life and you will never miss the old you. Congrats!!! YOu look amazing and i think the 24 day challange is a wonderful way to get good habits started and bad habits GONE....!! This is what I am doing now and have been doing for a long time. I"m leaner than I've ever been and stronger and healthier!! if your interested check it out! it's change my life forever and i will never go back to the life style of thinking certain foods are bad and certain foods are good. Good luck!

http://eatstopeat.us/

thank you so much!! I really appreciate this comment.
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    you did amazing!!! Some people don't realize that things can be taken negatively when you feel like your doing great then all of a sudden somebody is saying you should be doing this not that! (I've had so many people tell me that! its like shut up!!! ) But your result are pretty damn awesome :) its no different then people who do the 17 day diet which you drop weight really quick but that diet I was STARVING every day lol. Just go by how your body feels :) Because you look awesome!

exactly!!! I was so pumped and then got all those comments and it stole my thunder. I really appreciate this comment!
  • thesweatybetty
    Options
    That's a great loss! Awesome job :)
    thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    All I can say is way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pkoll
    pkoll Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You have obtained definite noticeable reduction in the trunk area and face/neck!. WTG! I think kick starting does help with motivation. I know the advice here comes across harsh, but these people are very concerned about overall health. If you don't want someone analyzing your food log, you can make it private if you want--as long as you are honest with yourself. Good luck!
  • hillary71
    hillary71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Great job!! Keep up the hard work!! I think Advocare is a great jump start!
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    If you said you made your calorie mark, well that's not true.
    If your MFP numbers is set at 1400 cals daily and you burn 400 at the gym. Then you only ate 1000. You eat back the calories because MFP already gave you a number that was a deficit.

What's the point in burning calories if you're going to eat them back? Insanity, I say...

but that's just my opinion (:
  • fufi04
    fufi04 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Great job btw!! :drinker:
  • JumpinJill
    JumpinJill Posts: 63 Member
    Options

here are my before and afters using the Advocare 24 Day Challenge. The system is 2 parts: 10 day cleanse, 14 day max phase. I trained 5-6 days a week, mostly weight training w. some cardio added on. I ate 5-6 clean meals a day along with taking advocare supplements. Advocare Spark + Arginine Extreme is definitely my new favorite pre-workout drink!

I still have a long ways to go until goal (around 170ish), but I'm further than I was 24 days ago and my mind and body feel great! I'm no longer sluggish and tired all the time. I actually want to be active instead of laying on the couch! If you have any questions about any of this, please let me know!

Great job!! I did not read all the replies you received but I could see where a lot of them were going. I think whatever works for you is a great plan! I think that people view weight loss in many, many different ways. There are multiple approaches to weight loss as well. Eat more, eat less, starvation, metabolism etc. science itself goes back and forth no matter what people tell you anyways. Post an article saying one thing and someone else can post an article saying the opposite. Long story short, congratulations!!! You started a journey, you have a plan, if it works for you then I say go for it.
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Nice job :) Keep working out and eating well and you will continue to have success. There are a lot of cynical people out there. I use my own supplements and they assist my healthy lifestyle. Each to there own and keep believing in yourself :)
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!