100 Calorie Dinner?

Options

Replies

• pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    100 cal pouch of Marketside guacamole/Walmart. Wonderful tasting stuff. Eat it slowly with a small spoon.
  • navyrigger46
    navyrigger46 Posts: 1,301 Member
    Options
    Just eat, it wont kill you. I blew my calorie goal by about 2500 one day, two days later I was right back to the same weight I was before, at most I added a pound or so of water weight from the sodium and a few ounces of waste weight. It's not the end of the world, and you're at what 500 a day deficit? So you eat a normal dinner which basically puts you at maintenance for a day, big deal. Eat dinner and move on with life.

Rigger
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    You can't call 100 calories ''dinner''.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    4 hard boiled egg whites with salsa. I eat that everyday for lunch and it is under 100 calories.

Next time get the whiskey
  • jackiecamarena
    jackiecamarena Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    5 large egg whites with pepper!
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    You can't call 100 calories ''dinner''.

This. Especially if you ate most of today's calories at breakfast, because that means you haven't really eaten much all day. By starving yourself tonight to make your calorie goal, you may be setting yourself up to struggle tomorrow when you wake up and are absolutely starving.

Going over your calories once in awhile isn't going to derail your diet. I used to worry about it when I first started using MFP, but then I realized that most of the time it will even out within a few days.
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I need a recipe for dinner with 100 calories. I was bad today and used most up in breakfast. Any Suggestions?
    Q6RG2FE.gif

OP have a real meal log it honestly and move on, as you are most probably in a deficit you could easily eat up to maintenance and still not gain.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • Sandigesha
    Sandigesha Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    A couple of cucumbers

A couple? maybe 10?
  • I tend to have large late lunches on the weekends and leave 100 or less for dinner as well. I make a large bowl of cabbage soup using just cabbage, soup base from the Japanese mart, and hot sauce...maybe a hard boiled egg or half if I have enough calories. It leaves me very full and satisfied.
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash soup with sage recipe from skinnytaste.com.
    It is delicious and about 56 calories a cup and very filling.Find under recipes and then in soup category as there are 2 different recipes one is higher calories in vegetarian section. Bon appetit.
  • jenchamb119
    Options
    egg whites with canadian bacon, mushrooms and onions
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    I would worry more about the fact that you are willing to eat 100 calories for dinner vs forgoing one stinkin day of deficit. Eat a regular dinner and lost a fraction of a lb less this week *eyeroll*
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm with everyone else. Just eat an actual dinner and get back on track.

But you could do something like a turkey or tuna sandwich for a couple hundred calories, so not too far off from what you want. A couple of whole eggs and a piece of toast. Give yourself a side of fruit or veggies and you and your body will be happier.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    Just eat at maintenance numbers for today. You won't gain, and you'll get a few hundred more calories to eat.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Butternut squash soup with sage recipe from skinnytaste.com.
    It is delicious and about 56 calories a cup and very filling.Find under recipes and then in soup category as there are 2 different recipes one is higher calories in vegetarian section. Bon appetit.

you and I have very different interpretations of the word filling.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I will not sit quietly by while people continue to post meals consisting of <100 calories of primarily egg whites!

1. <100 calories is not a meal...or at least not an adult meal. Actually, strike that...it's not a child or infant meal either.

2. There is *no* way a tiny snack of <100 calories is "filling". Perhaps I'll buy that it is "distracting" enough to make you forget you are hungry for a moment or two...or that it is momentarily "settling" to your hunger-wracked, rumbling stomach...but it is not "filling".

3. What are you doing with the egg yolks (the most delicious, most nutritious part of the egg)??? Lie to me and tell me your significant other is eating them...or perhaps you're feeding them to your children. Maybe you're feeding them to your pets. I hope it's something like this...because the thought of you throwing them away saddens me.

OP - please eat a "normal" meal, go over by a few hundred calories for the day and carry on. More importantly, reevaluate if your daily deficit is reasonable. Frequently having <100 calories left for dinner, while not definitive, is a clue that it might not be.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Most all of you enablers!
    Great post Jof
  • colmerkat
    Options
    homemade vegetable soup <50 cals a portion
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Ice

OR

EAT FOOD

going over will not kill you, I promise. Plus, no one wants to be around some hangry person.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    JUST EAT. Who cares if you go over? Make it up the next day and exercise so you can eat more.