I'm back... and ashamed

Options

Replies

• ErikN
    ErikN Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouraging words everyone. I rarely made use of the message board when I was logging here before. But now I can see how it can be so great to go through this stuff with so many other friendly folks with a common goal.
  • pinkfink
    pinkfink Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. Started out strong then stopped all together. I am determined to start again and keep it up. Losing weight and staying healthy is a constant battle for so many of us. We've gotta stand by one another and keep up the positive encouragement. Feel free to add me! Lets do this together!
  • caustin76
    Options
    Same with me! I've been on and off here a couple times. I've lost 20 pounds 3x before and managed to gain it all back. I've been back on MFP beginning this week and determined to lose weight, hit goal, AND maintain!

Please feel free to add me. The past few times I've been doing this, I did it alone. I hope that by adding friends I'll be able to do this together with you all.
  • SarBear00b
    SarBear00b Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you, but that's the good thing.. we're in it together =)
  • Whiskeygirl3132
    Options
    I am doing the same thing today. Recently I was diagnosed with PMR and have to take prednisone everyday which has helped with my weight gain. I am determined to stick it out and do the work!!!!
  • Chrissy0601
    Options
    Me too!! I went from 225 after having my son to 165 in 3 months and dropping below my high school weight ..to 145lbs. I am now back at 165 lbs.. I went as far as creating a whole new username...the shame.
  • IndigoRey
    Options
    It happens!

take it as a temporary set back and start afresh

“Today is a new day. Even if you were wrong yesterday, you can get it right today.”
    (Dwight Howard)
  • IndigoRey
    Options
    Add me if you like
    I am also a MFP drop out and looking for new friends!:flowerforyou:
  • mgroberts11
    mgroberts11 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the honesty. I think many (if not all) of us have lost thousands of pounds over the years.

I am hoping to learn a 'new normal' as far as eating and exercise go that is sustainable for life. My weight is dropping slowly as I try to make incremental changes.

Stay strong!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    So back in 2010-11, I went from a pretty flabby 217 down to about 185 using (among other things) MFP and the calorie logging. I felt great. I couldn't seem to get below 185, but I felt good anyway (I'm 5-10) so I didnt worry about it. Slowly but surely, it crept back up as I ignored it, and I didn't come back here till yesterday.

"It has been 20 months since you've logged" blech!

I'm sitting at 220 right now, ready to start this whole thing over again. I remember what it was like to be going in the right direction, and I want that feeling back.

You are my twin, aren't you. :p
  • samedame
    Options
    Hey Erik don't beat yourself up about it. You would not be the first YoYo dieter. I have lost the same 25-30 pounds several times. I'm just glad you are back. Be strong!
  • GiseleT88
    Options
    welcome back and you have nothing to be ashamed of! You're here now! work hard and you'll get that feeling back =)
  • ljwatts28
    ljwatts28 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im right there with you, been gone for a half a year and now back, feel free to add me as a friend if needed cause im a believer in the more support the better you do.... Good luck
  • Piesmom96
    Piesmom96 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step . . . move forward from here. Welcome back.
  • jz0608
    Options
    Don't get discouraged. You are back where you should be. Failures aren't failures if you learn from them. Look at it this way: you already know what things WORKED for you, so you are ahead of the game there. Now, think about what didn't work. What got in your way? How can you plan to not let those barriers affect you again? Get back up, but think about how you can be more strategic about things this time. I'd love to chat if you want!
  • theopenforum
    theopenforum Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Just liked the others, I cant count the number of diets and attempts at weightloss I have failed at over the years. All you need is one to stick so definitely keep at it :)

friend me and ill be honored to help ya along the way

Tof
  • PaulHalicki
    PaulHalicki Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Don't sweat it, many of us are here because we struggle with our weight. I've lost 70 lb., then gained most back, then lost 25 and gained most back, and now I'm trying again.
  • purplepool03
    purplepool03 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totally understand. Tomorrow I start over for the millionth time. You can do it.!:happy:
  • mthr2
    mthr2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    F being ashamed. It's really useless and just sad. Welcome back. F the rest.
  • fultimers
    fultimers Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Don't be ashamed! There are many of us who have come back to MFP with our tails dragging.

I have pretty much made up my mind that I will have to record what I eat in MFP for the rest of my life. Especially once I hit maintenance.

Welcome back!