After & Before - My Flip-Flopped Success Pics

Options
jenf330
jenf330 Posts: 66 Member
Alright, I wasn't sure I was going to post this because, well it's kinda scary. My husband recently displayed his 45+ pound weight loss on Facebook and got some really great responses. I'm not brave enough for Facebook, but I guess I'll give this a shot.

I didn't have a lot to lose, so losing it was even harder. It wasn't the weight I cared about. At 5'6, 140 pounds, I was well within the "normal" BMI range, but I wasn't happy with the way I looked. I've always known that I have a small frame and any excess weight is obvious on me.

It started out as this all-out mission to lose weight before a vacation in Jamaica. I was only able to lose 5 pounds and I'm surprised I didn't give up when I got home. Instead, the 5 pounds gave me the motivation to keep going. I purchased Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and completed the entire program. After that, my husband joined me and we did the Chalean Extreme program. Now we're on the Skogg Kettlebell program. I like working out at home and being able to switch it up frequently helps. I tracked calories here on MFP and wore a Fitbit to help me move more when I wasn't necessarily exercising.

It was slllooooowwwww. At one point I had almost convinced myself that at my age (32), my metabolism simply wouldn't let me dip below 130. But I pushed through and kept at it. I lost less than 1/2 a pound a week on average, which can get really frustrating. It helped me a lot when I started recording my weight every day (instead of just on days when I lost) so I could see that even though it was slow and had a ton of fluctuations, that line was still edging down.

My original goal was 125 and today I hover around 123-124. I'm super happy at this weight (even though I'd like to see abs eventually). It took me 9 months and some change, but I feel like it was all worth it.

I'm posting this today because I feel like my focus has waned a little. It's hard to stay so motivated when you've hit your goal. I want to see how far I've come and realize that my new goal is not slipping into old habits.

Please excuse the flip-flopped pictures (my husband put it together). The picture on the left was from last week at dinner, the picture on the right was from 2 years ago at my heaviest weight of about 143.

c2c0b023-653c-4639-903b-ee92e2c79eab.jpg

Replies

• nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS to you! Your stats are *similar* to mine except that I am a shortie. There are so many great stories on here of people losing 50+ lbs which is amazing but here I am struggling to loose 15-20 lbs! Compared to many others it seems like it shouldn't be that hard but I guess slow and steady will win the race. Thanks for posting and re-inspiring me that I am on the right SLOW track!

Am I am inspired to see that you lost weight in your face - I can't wait for that myself!
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing. Facebook is so ready for this...I say go for it there....
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! It really shows what a big difference losing a small amount of weight can make on someone, even if they are well within the 'normal range'. It is a different type of challenge when you have less to lose. People are quick to tell you that you don't need to lose anything and comments about trying to wear a size 0. You know what feels right for your body and what changes you would like to see. Progress as you said tends to be slow, but progress is progress! Congrats to you, you look lovely.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Wow, fantastic results! I am thinking about asking for a fitbit for my birthday which is coming up. Either that or the jawbone UP. I'm such a geek, that any gadget at all keeps me motivated. lol
  • jenf330
    Options
    Thanks for the nice comments!!

I completely agree that another one of the harder things about a small amount of weight to lose is the comments from others about how you shouldn't or don't need to lose weight. Another one I've heard lately is that I'm "wasting away" as if I've lost too much. It can be discouraging, but I'm happy with me and that's all that matters.

And Fitbit is awesome :) I, too, love my gadgets. Anything that helps!!
  • tarsha426
    tarsha426 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!!
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Love my Fitbit as well! :smile: I really think it helps!
  • gitnfit2
    gitnfit2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I am sure will be a great motivation to others...
  • JenS2009
    JenS2009 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats!! What type of meal plan do you follow?
  • Hildy_J
    Hildy_J Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You look 10 years younger... seriously you could pass for a teenager... as well as GORGEOUS.

Well done. :smile:

PS I'm only after a small loss, as well (17lb) so I'm so glad you posted these. The difference is incredible! And yes it is slow - I'm on half a pound a week but hey.
  • lambie14
    lambie14 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! You look amazing! And good for you for sticking with it, even when it was slow going!
    Am your height and build and working towards a similar goal (going from 138 to 125). Just wondering what your average daily calorie intake was while you were losing? What were your macros like?

Thanks for the awesome inspiration!!:happy:
  • Hanablu2
    Hanablu2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Awesome job you look great! Fitbit is awesome, my hubby has it, and it even tells you how well or bad you slept.
  • jenf330
    Options
    Awesome job! Congrats!! What type of meal plan do you follow?

Thank you! No meal plan, per se. I like variety too much! :) At one of my plateaus, I switched my macros to 40/30/30 protein/fat/carbs and try to stick to that as closely as possible. That seemed to help the scale move again so I've stuck with it.
  • jessicas1184
    jessicas1184 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!!
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic! We have very similar stats - I'm 5'7" and 125 lbs. It's those last 15 pounds that made me feel the best. Congratulations again!
  • jenf330
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! You look amazing! And good for you for sticking with it, even when it was slow going!
    Am your height and build and working towards a similar goal (going from 138 to 125). Just wondering what your average daily calorie intake was while you were losing? What were your macros like?

Thanks for the awesome inspiration!!:happy:

That's so sweet! Thank you :blushing: My calorie intake varied a LOT. I started out at 1200, found out that was way too low, went in the opposite direction and started doing 1800 with the whole "eat more to lose weight" thing. That didn't work either. Grrr... Finally I got the Fitbit and used that to find out what my ACTUAL out-put was and stayed at a small deficit. I'd say that a range of 1300 - 1500 net calories worked best for me.
    For macros, I try to stick to a 40/30/30 plan and that has been great. I feel like I have more energy.

Good luck on getting to your goal!!
  • StangMan12
    StangMan12 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the nice comments!!

I completely agree that another one of the harder things about a small amount of weight to lose is the comments from others about how you shouldn't or don't need to lose weight. Another one I've heard lately is that I'm "wasting away" as if I've lost too much. It can be discouraging, but I'm happy with me and that's all that matters.

And Fitbit is awesome :) I, too, love my gadgets. Anything that helps!!

"wasting away" LOL You look perfect! A 10+ (You sure you're married?) :brokenheart:

I think people are used to seeing you with extra weight and maybe concerned you're still losing weight. Or maybe just jealous that you're perfect. :wink: Seriously the difference is amazing, I will remember you every time I hit another 20 lb loss.

Congrats and thank you for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • Seoul11
    Seoul11 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! You look amazing. And thank you for this post. Your stats are just like mine. At 5'6" I've hovered between 127-137 most of my adult life, until one day I stepped on the scale and it read 141. *gasp* Yes, it was still a healthy weight, but I wasn't happy at 137, let alone 141! :sad: That's when I started here. I'm now at about 122-123.

I can't see a difference. My old clothes fit terribly, if they even stay up. I'm wearing size 2's in most things. But I can't see it. Looking at your photo I'm hopeful I've had the change you have. :drinker:
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! I also LOVE your hair color! :flowerforyou: :love:
  • CastoChristina
    CastoChristina Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think you are Facebook ready! You look great. What a great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!