Ladies what is it about motorcycles

Options
13»

Replies

• askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I grew up around bikes.... we had dirt bikes all the way up to a Honda Goldwing (my gpa). There is nothing better than the feel of power between your thighs, the wind against your skin and just that all-over feel of freedom.

My ex-hubby hated motorcycles of any kind.... That should have been a clue for me, so now the next man I find has to love bikes as much as I do :wink:
  • ractrev
    ractrev Posts: 426
    Options
    I grew up around bikes.... we had dirt bikes all the way up to a Honda Goldwing (my gpa). There is nothing better than the feel of power between your thighs, the wind against your skin and just that all-over feel of freedom.

My ex-hubby hated motorcycles of any kind.... That should have been a clue for me, so now the next man I find has to love bikes as much as I do :wink:

How you doin? Lol
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    do you know what doctors call people who ride motorcycles?

organ donors.

http://motorcycleaccidentlawyerpa.com/motorcycle-vs-car-accident-statistics/

I've been riding since 1967. Street bikes since 1972. Haven't had an accident since 1984. You have to always be aware of potential disaster.

As for getting hit on by women -- never happens. Must be me.
  • zedgt87
    zedgt87 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    i usually get a lol at guys who think a bike will help them pick up chicks
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options

How you doin? Lol

I'm gettin better every day :wink: ROFL
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    They are sexy as hell! Not just any motorcycle for me. It has to be a Harley or an Indian or something custom. I can't say what it is but I have always loved them, ever since I was a kid. I remember having a crush on a biker that used to ride by my house on his red Harley when I was like 12. I ended up marrying his son (now my ex)! My hubby and I have a bike and I love to ride. :)
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Women like badboys! ;) annd they are sexy as hell.
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend rides an R1. It used to be a race bike, so it's super fast. I worry about him riding it, because I know he's laid it down a few times. But I still find it incredibly sexy! And I don't mind riding on the back. I actually love riding with him! Just not too long of a distance because it is a bit uncomfortable back there.

I can't explain what is hot or sexy about it, but it gets me drippy. :wink:
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    the night I met my husband I told him he had to give me a ride, I was a little tipsy and had a short little skirt on, his friend said I could ride with a skirt, so I pulled it up and said yes I can...
    rest is history 20 years later... :)

but its just fun, its a little dangerous and wild, and for some reason, we like that...

ride safe!
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    (More guys try to pick me up when I'm on my bike. Truth.)

What is it about bikes? Here's my opinion. People who ride are brave and wild and free. A lot of people want to be brave and wild and free themselves. Climbing on a bike is like skydiving or something else that makes you feel like you're crazy badass. Bikers have a reputation for being independent, self-sufficient, having a special camraderie. And they're 'bad' as in outside the law. You can't catch em, and sure as he!! can't tame 'em. They're modern day cowboys. And ladies love cowboys.

As a passenger it's also about the intimacy of snuggling up to your date's back and wrapping your arms around him/her.

Nah, it's about the vibration.
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I always thought some men look sexy on there Bikes, like a Harley a nice bike anyways...Maybe you are a good looking man and the women just try to pick you up for that reason.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    the night I met my husband I told him he had to give me a ride, I was a little tipsy and had a short little skirt on, his friend said I could ride with a skirt, so I pulled it up and said yes I can...

but its just fun, its a little dangerous and wild, and for some reason, we like that...

ride safe!

I was in the Marine Corps. It was 1972. Stationed in 29 Palms, CA. There was and I believe, still is, only one intersection with lights. 4 of us Marines pulled up to the red light on the way back to base. A gal ran out of a building with a guy chasing her. She jumped on the back of one of my friends bikes, while I discouraged her chaser from grabbing her. We all drove off with the gal on the back of my buddies bike. My buddy married that gal 6 months later. They just celebrated their 40th Anniversary.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    And why is it opposite for guys? When I used to ride a motorcycle and a guy would approach me, all he wanted to talk about was the bike. lol
    True story...I once went to a blues bar with my then-fiance. At one point, he got up to go to the bathroom or something, and two guys immediately came and sat down at our table and asked if they could buy me a drink. Of course, I declined, saying that my fiance would soon return and buy my drinks for me.
    The next week, I went back to this same bar alone (was meeting a girlfriend)...except that I rode my motorcycle and parked it on the sidewalk right by the door. I was quickly surrounded by guys, but they wanted to know did I really just ride that thing up there, how much horsepower, torque, shaft or chain drive, air or water-cooled. Not one guy offered to buy me a drink or asked for my phone number. lol
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

I was in the Marine Corps. It was 1972. Stationed in 29 Palms, CA. There was and I believe, still is, only one intersection with lights. 4 of us Marines pulled up to the red light on the way back to base. A gal ran out of a building with a guy chasing her. She jumped on the back of one of my friends bikes, while I discouraged her chaser from grabbing her. We all drove off with the gal on the back of my buddies bike. My buddy married that gal 6 months later. They just celebrated their 40th Anniversary.

Awesome story!
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Roaddog that is a lovely story.

It amuses me that the guys generally who are in to bikes want to talk to me about my bike and don't find it at all sexy. Guys who are not into bikes seem to think it's all skin tight leathers and really hot lol.

Never asked for rides out but would never turn down one that was offered. Although I am quite happy riding with my own.
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

ride safe!

cool story!