I Feel the Need...the Need...for Pizza and Chocolate.

Options

Replies

• MaryLouRoyal
    MaryLouRoyal Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I ate pizza and chocolate on Saturday.

I also ate pizza and chocolate Tuesday (but was within my calories instead of being a crazy monster this time). Go get yourself some pizza and chocolate and eat within your calories, WOMAN! Now get outta here!

~salutes~ Yes, ma'am!
  • MaryLouRoyal
    Options
    i have pizza once every couple weeks. I make it myself though. it's LOADED with veggies. it was actually my dinner last night. feel free to check the diary. As for chocolate. i have dark chocolate squares on my desk at work. i have 1 every now and then. it's 30 cals for 1. i can manage that.

I considered that as well. But chocolate...I have no control around chocolate. My savior has been those FiberOne brownies. Good enough to satiate my craving, but not so good that I'll down 6 in one sitting.

And as far as the pizza, I've never liked mixing pizza and veggies. If I have veggies with the meal, which I probably will, they'll be on the side.
    i never liked it with veggies till this whole new lifestyle thing. I have learned to eat a ton of new foods and ton of foods i used to eat sparingly before, in more quantities and in more varieties of ways. i used to HATE mushrooms, squash, sweet potato, spinach. i used to HATE cooked veggies. I used to NEED massive amounts of dreamy dressings. not anymore.....things change.

That they do. I like fish now, and cooked veggies. That's huge for me. Haven't found myself liking veggies on pizza yet though...it's a texture thing.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Pita/Tortilla pizzas filled with veggies & low fat cheese! My sugar cravings have almost disappeared since changing my eating habits so I don't crave chocolate that much but I've heard dark chocolate is the healthiest type (in moderation). Also maybe try cooking your own chocolate protein bars or some type of healthy dessert!
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Its not the totally greasy pizza, but it can help with the craving (and is my way to enjoy the entire "pizza").

- 1 Dempster pita (ancient grain, sundried tomato) - 180 or 190 cals
    - 2 tbsp pizza sauce (you can find for 40 cals) or two laughing cow cheeses (if I need the cheese fix)
    - Baby spinach/portobella mushrooms (cut in chunks)
    - 1 tbsp kraft parm (25 cals); low fat mozza - 30 grams - 80 cals

Preheat oven to 350. Spread cow cheese or pizza sauce on tortillia, sprinkle with italian seasoning; top with spinach (i like to chop it on and pile it up) and 1 cubes port mushroom cap; sprinkle with garlic powder and a touch of seasoning saly (I like salt); sprinkle on mozza cheese and parm; add more itallian seasoning on top. Bake until cheese is melted. Cut into 8 wedges (so you get 8 pieces of "pizza"

If you make it with the cow cheese the entire "pizza" is around 400 cals. I find it to be an excellent substitute for the real thing.

For choclate (and I haven't tried this yet) I saw the recipe and plan to:

- 2 chocolate chip rice cakes (120 cals for 2)
    - cool whip light (25 cals per 2 tbsp - I think 6-8 tbst would work so 75 cals?

Spread cool whip between rice cakes. Freeze. "ice cream sandwhich". around 200 cals.
  • sway1080
    sway1080 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Those both are weaknesses of mine. If I can fit it into my numbers then ill eat it once in a while. Usually on the weekend.

49315971.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Then eat it.

This, as simple as that

Unfortunately is it NOT just as "simple" as that. To someone who has issues with control, it does not feel possible to stop at just ONE slice of pizza (or whatever that number of pieces is that will fit in your macros)

It's definitely not simple at all, BUT it is a necessary skill that people have to learn in order to truly change their habits and make this a lifestyle change. In my opinion people NEED to be able to learn to stop at one slice, one piece etc.... if not, how are they supposed to go through life? Avoid foods they love forever? That's a recipe for failure.

So true........it is a skill that i have not developed yet......but working slowly at changing the habits. Very well said.
  • nikkylyn
    nikkylyn Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I had papa John's last night it was great. Some days I go over some days I don't it evens out. I eat icecream a couple tines a week. I just watch my portions. So eat one slice of pizza and small.piece of choc. Pair it with some veggies sounds like a good meal to me.
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Satisfied the beast within and have A PIECE of pizza and/or A PIECE of dark chocolate. :wink:

I do not believe in denying myself foods I enjoy.

I do believe in portion control and moderation.

So, go forth and enjoy! :happy:

PS: Ghirardelli dark choc squares (plain, with mint, or with sea salt & caramel) are delicious and one piece is very satisfying.
  • narwhalpr
    narwhalpr Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A lady at work brought in a box of chocolates - I've resisted all day. I've just come back from a 5k run and decided I could treat myself to one as it'll fit in my macros. I got a coffee one! urgh...what a complete waste!

Aw :(
  • MaryLouRoyal
    Options
    Its not the totally greasy pizza, but it can help with the craving (and is my way to enjoy the entire "pizza").

- 1 Dempster pita (ancient grain, sundried tomato) - 180 or 190 cals
    - 2 tbsp pizza sauce (you can find for 40 cals) or two laughing cow cheeses (if I need the cheese fix)
    - Baby spinach/portobella mushrooms (cut in chunks)
    - 1 tbsp kraft parm (25 cals); low fat mozza - 30 grams - 80 cals

Preheat oven to 350. Spread cow cheese or pizza sauce on tortillia, sprinkle with italian seasoning; top with spinach (i like to chop it on and pile it up) and 1 cubes port mushroom cap; sprinkle with garlic powder and a touch of seasoning saly (I like salt); sprinkle on mozza cheese and parm; add more itallian seasoning on top. Bake until cheese is melted. Cut into 8 wedges (so you get 8 pieces of "pizza"

If you make it with the cow cheese the entire "pizza" is around 400 cals. I find it to be an excellent substitute for the real thing.

For choclate (and I haven't tried this yet) I saw the recipe and plan to:

- 2 chocolate chip rice cakes (120 cals for 2)
    - cool whip light (25 cals per 2 tbsp - I think 6-8 tbst would work so 75 cals?

Spread cool whip between rice cakes. Freeze. "ice cream sandwhich". around 200 cals.

Saved!
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya. I caved the other day and had 5 pieces of pizza. But I'm still going to try to make it fit into my calorie goal.
  • mrmagee3
    mrmagee3 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    It's definitely not simple at all, BUT it is a necessary skill that people have to learn in order to truly change their habits and make this a lifestyle change. In my opinion people NEED to be able to learn to stop at one slice, one piece etc.... if not, how are they supposed to go through life? Avoid foods they love forever? That's a recipe for failure.

Statistically speaking, enjoying foods they love in moderation is also a recipe for failure.
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I like to pair portion-controlled chocolate or a slice or two of pizza with more filling healthy things too. For example, tonight, I ate a half cup of pure pumpkin, a serving of semi-sweet chocolate chips, and a 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. I heated it all in the microwave for the chocolate to mix in as well. Way more satisfying than just eating a handful of chocolate chips while still getting in the chocolate! On days that my office has hosted a pizza lunch this past month, I often bring in veggies and an apple to help me feel more full alongside the pizza.
  • MaryLouRoyal
    Options
    I like to pair portion-controlled chocolate or a slice or two of pizza with more filling healthy things too. For example, tonight, I ate a half cup of pure pumpkin, a serving of semi-sweet chocolate chips, and a 1/4 tsp of pumpkin pie spice. I heated it all in the microwave for the chocolate to mix in as well. Way more satisfying than just eating a handful of chocolate chips while still getting in the chocolate! On days that my office has hosted a pizza lunch this past month, I often bring in veggies and an apple to help me feel more full alongside the pizza.

That sounds delicious!
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    i make eggplant pizza.. using eggplant for a crust and topping with whatever I want.. not the same.. but it's still yummy. lol

Lets focus on the phrase....not the same

pizza is not made with eggplant or cauliflower....it's just not!!!

maybe not, but a cauliflower base is really delicious and you can eat way more of it than store-bought pizza. also it can be easily adapted for low carb, paleo, gluten-free etc. Don't hate on cauliflower!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    i make eggplant pizza.. using eggplant for a crust and topping with whatever I want.. not the same.. but it's still yummy. lol

maybe not, but a cauliflower base is really delicious and you can eat way more of it than store-bought pizza. also it can be easily adapted for low carb, paleo, gluten-free etc. Don't hate on cauliflower!

Cauliflower = GROSS. Especially when masquerading it as something else.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I don't deny myself what my body is craving. It won't kill you to indulge a little, just make room for it.

I would go with this ...yesterday we had a birthday lunch at office...so I ate a smaller breakfast to make room for the slice of cake and take out food that we were getting...I was still under my calorie goal for the day and hit my macros ...You can have whatever you want, as long as you plan accordingly.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

It is for people who like to lie to themselves and say it's just as good or even better than "real pizza"
    It's sad, but they tell themselves this lie so often they actually start to believe it.

amen brother!
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    Eat as much as you want when you feel this way, record it accurately in food diary, then get backside into gear and do enough cardio to burn off every single calorie eaten.

If after this you still think its worth the effort carry on doing the same, I suspect it might reduce your cravings slightly when you realise the cost.