Liquid diet

Options

Replies

• etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Not intentionally, but a doctor fractured my bones and i was on a liquid diet for about 6 weeks , yes I lost weight.
  • arghbowl
    arghbowl Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    protein + whiskey = manliness in a cup

I think you'll find NFL quarterback's are manliness in a cup.

Lies. Mark Sanchez is not manliness in a cup. He loses balls when he touches butts.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    That means no bacon.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    My roommate did. She made the bathroom completely unusable.
  • wiltl
    wiltl Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yep, did it once after having surgery to fix GERD (basically wrapped my esophagus around the top of my stomach to help keep it closed).
    3 days in the hospital starting with only an IV and working up to less than 1/2 juice
    2 weeks liquid diet with no more than 8 ounces at a time, every couple of hours. Lots of juice, water, ensure, vitamin water. I was able to have less than a tablespoon of yogurt so I could grind up my meds and take those 2x day.
    2 weeks of soft food, 8 oz at a time but by now I could have mashed potatoes!
    Additional time spent working my way back up to solid food and more than 8 ounces at a time. I still have to watch how much I eat to not put pressure on the wrap which leads to horrible chest, shoulder and stomach pain.

During this time, I lost weight real quick, but felt like *kitten*, couldn't walk for more than a few minutes at a time, slept a lot and was basically miserable. My bathroom trips were totally out of whack, too. Oh, yeah and when I started on solid food again I gained all the weight I lost plus more.

No, I would never ever willingly choose a liquid diet outside a needed medical procedure.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried a liquid protien diet only, if yes what were the results?

Maybe if I had my jaw wired .... otherwise, no.

My thoughts precisely.

I do have a protein shake from time to time when my macros need a boost, but for the whole diet? Just, no.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I did this not once, but twice, about 10 years apart. It was a medically supervised liquid protein diet recommended by my doctor. It does work - technically. Lost over a hundred lbs both times. Then I gained it all back and then some. Waste of time, waste of money. If you are thinking about doing it, think about something else.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    God can you imagine the protein farts. I think I might kill myself from them.
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The thing about diets: they don't work. You lose the weight and it comes right back.

Lifestyle changes work.
  • asp415
    asp415 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I tried mixing protein and vodka once, does that count? Afterwards, I'm pretty sure I could hear colours.

:laugh:
  • Katxith
    Options
    I've been doing partial liquid diet for the past couple weeks with excellent results. I drink a carnation instant breakfast (premixed, no sugar added version) for breakfast and lunch, three healthy snacks, and a good dinner. Honestly, I feel fantastic. The shakes are tasty, I never really get all that hungry and I feel good. I've also been working out five days per week and the two together seem to be doing wonders for me. I'm only a few pounds from my goal weight right now and I think when I'm in maintenance I'll just switch out one of the shakes for the Special K Protein cereal (really low cal, high fiber and protein) in the morning. I think I'll be keeping up the lunch shake for a while. It tastes good, fills me up, and with my busy life as a student anything that cuts down on prep time in the morning is fine by me :)
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I tried mixing protein and vodka once, does that count? Afterwards, I'm pretty sure I could hear colours.

oooooo those colors sound so pretty!!!! :smokin:
  • sk_pirate
    sk_pirate Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    BUT WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY????

Oh I found it.
    I am only 94 kilos but am finding it very hard to loose the last 9 kilos from the middriff.

A liquid protein diet won't lead you to spot reduction. :noway:
  • alienaliens
    alienaliens Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I tried it when it became popular back in the hippie and militant and bra burning days. It was nasty and I thought I was gonna die! So at the end of the day I just ate.
  • Ladytrajedi
    Ladytrajedi Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend that....Protein does retain muscle mass when losing weight and canhelp you fill fuller longer, but too much Protein can also add pounds ....... Stick with whatever MFP recommends and only add more if you exercise.......Balance is the key.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I've been doing partial liquid diet for the past couple weeks with excellent results. I drink a carnation instant breakfast (premixed, no sugar added version) for breakfast and lunch, three healthy snacks, and a good dinner.

so you consume beverages and food...

applause-gif-3.gif&size=400x1000
  • MargaretSans
    MargaretSans Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I used to try all kinds of diets, liquid, just fruits, just veg, now before i start any diet i ask myself, can i do this for the rest of my life because i find results from fad diets are never long lasting. As soon as I stopped i gained the weight back and then some
  • jennyrebekka
    jennyrebekka Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    i like my "liquid protein" direct from the source.......on a Sat night
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Tried. And never again!
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    i like my "liquid protein" direct from the source.......on a Sat night
    I can't believe that it took 3 pages for the 1st innuendo... MFPeople, we're getting sloppy! <pun intended>