Boy trouble!!! I need advice!

Options
Summer is in the hiz-ouse!!!!
Yeah, I know. Bringing topics like this to a fitness forum is kind of weird, but I've observed that there are a lot of helpful people here, so I'll give it a shot.

Within the last year, I've been having problems with specific guys. I've been having to fend off a handful of them who are either creepy-lookers, weirdos, socially-awkward nightmares or all of the above.
I asked my friend why this is happening to me and she said, "Because you're a nice girl, and you look like a nice girl. Weird guys will go after nice girls because they don't have to worry about being turned down harshly, sneered at, etc."
Well, I don't want to stop being a nice girl, but I also don't want to keep attracting weirdos.
Some of you may be asking, "Why don't you take a chance and go out with them?" While I am completely willing to be friendly if they just want to talk to me, I would never pursue a long-term relationship with any of them (which is what they want, and these are the types of guys who think that one date means, "OH MY GOSH SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND NOW!").
I'm kind of tired of all the hurt feelings, so how can I make myself less desirable to the weird boys so that they don't even bother with me? And how do I do so without becoming a jerk? Is that even possible? =(

Replies

• Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    say "summer is in the "hiz-house" around them & they'll lose interest immediately. ;)
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I know. Bringing topics like this to a fitness forum is kind of weird, but I've observed that there are a lot of helpful people here, so I'll give it a shot.

Within the last year, I've been having problems with specific guys. I've been having to fend off a handful of them who are either creepy-lookers, weirdos, socially-awkward nightmares or all of the above.
    I asked my friend why this is happening to me and she said, "Because you're a nice girl, and you look like a nice girl. Weird guys will go after nice girls because they don't have to worry about being turned down harshly, sneered at, etc."
    Well, I don't want to stop being a nice girl, but I also don't want to keep attracting weirdos.
    Some of you may be asking, "Why don't you take a chance and go out with them?" While I am completely willing to be friendly if they just want to talk to me, I would never pursue a long-term relationship with any of them (which is what they want, and these are the types of guys who think that one date means, "OH MY GOSH SHE'S MY GIRLFRIEND NOW!").
    I'm kind of tired of all the hurt feelings, so how can I make myself less desirable to the weird boys so that they don't even bother with me? And how do I do so without becoming a jerk? Is that even possible? =(

Unfortunately you already are one. You're complaining about guys, whom you describe as weird or creepy, swallowing their insecurities because you are approachable, and having the nerve to ask you out. And then you go on an internet forum and ask for advice on how to make yourself less desirable to a certain type of guy.

You are not a nice girl, you only appear to be.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

Unfortunately you already are one. You're complaining about guys, whom you describe as weird or creepy, swallowing their insecurities because you are approachable, and having the nerve to ask you out. And then you go on an internet forum and ask for advice on how to make yourself less desirable to a certain type of guy.

You are not a nice girl, you only appear to be.

^This

and how old are you OP?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options

Says the girl.. signing up on a fitness site to ask about boys with her first post.
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Why is this a problem? They find you attractive, that's a compliment. If you aren't interested, say thank you but I'm seeing someone.
    You don't have to be rude turning them down. They have feelings too.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    say "summer is in the "hiz-house" around them & they'll lose interest immediately. ;)

Ha!
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    If you are so repulsed by them, why even be friends? Or maybe you could actually take time to know them and give them a chance.
  • Superhero_Leah
    Options

muahahaha, isn't that the truth
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

+1
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, once they hear you talk they won't think you're nice. :flowerforyou:
  • JFH2001
    Options
    Be completely honest with them and tell them from the beginning that you are NOT looking for a long term relationship. Honesty is the best policy- but if every "weirdo" is trying to make you his girlfriend- then it's something you are leading them to believe.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options

Omg, I'm still laughing at this
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Lol that was funny.
  • whierd
    Options
    Don't worry, once they hear you talk they won't think you're nice. :flowerforyou:

That is a great idea. Instead of waiting for them to come up to talk to you, just go talk to them. They won't bother.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    Stop showering.
  • Stump_Likker
    Stump_Likker Posts: 2,059 Member
    Options
    And...she's gone.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Just be yourself, the same way you are on this thread. Also, when on a date hit on the server (doesn't matter what gender).
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I married one of those socially, awkward weirdos

Best. Sex. Ever.

:heart: all my friends who are socially awkward too...I think you're awesome!!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Should have hooked her up with that moreabs/pinktilebathroom guy. She'd learn more about disappointment in a week or two.
  • whierd
    Options
    Should have hooked her up with that moreabs/pinktilebathroom guy. She'd learn more about disappointment in a week or two.

I'm about 80% sure he's either married or lives with his parents. Because those pink tile have no other explanation.