30 Day Shred - Anyone want to join me ?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• hammersshells
    Options
    Awesome job iki! Thanks for sharing your results! I started the shred today. Loved it! I want to add some cardio in on top of this, but at the very least, I will squeeze in 20 minutes of JM every day. Can't wait to see how it changes me!
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I did my final day of level 2 shred. I can't wait to move on to level 3 tomorrow. I will still on shred 3 days a week. I bought a hrm and it says that I burned 298 calories doing level 2. I didn't do any modifications and I didn't take any breaks. So I can believe that number the way I was sweating and panting. of course mfp has a much lower number. all this time, I had been short changing myself on the number of calories burned. of course you want to underestimate and not overestimate. so I want to see how many more calories are burned in level 3. I will probably have to ease into it slowly like the previous levels, but if I can hit a 300 burn in a little over 20 minutes....well no complaints there.
    good luck ladies. we're past the half way point of the month, let's end it strong.
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Mehs: Thank you so much for the message you sent me. It totally motivated me to shred this morning. It's been difficult to motivate myself to exercise lately b/c I have been so tired lately. I work in a 3-5 yr old preschool class and my body is still adjusting to keeping up w/ them and my own children's schedules. But I am happy to say....Day 8/Level 2 is done!:bigsmile:
  • hammersshells
    Options
    I just finished level 1 day 5. I am thrilled with how strong I feel and how my underwear are beginning to SAG on my shrinking booty. Yay! Keep it up ladies, its worth it! :happy:
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I started the shred and then 2 weeks went by and I had stopped i was sick and then I just wasn't into it. So I started Mon adn I am doing every other day of the shred and the biggest loser cardio max. I don't think I can do the shred every day I get bored with same routine. I didn't think the max was a hard workout but I felt it the next morning. So if you are looking for anything else it was be a great extra.
  • gatedialer
    gatedialer Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just got the DVD and the Yoga Meltdown DVD. Anyone else got other JM DVD recommendations? I work Friday-Sunday (sometimes Monday) so I will be doing this on my days off as well as my regular exercise routines, Gilad's Bodies in Motion and Gilad's Total Body Sculpt.
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Ok....fell off the wagon for a while. We have been sooooo busy lately and I have been so tired. But made myself shred tonight b/c I want to get out of the 190's and into the 180's by the end of the month. Weighed in at 190.4 yesterday. Day 9/Level 2 is done and I was really feeling it.
  • jdavis193
    Options
    Ok....fell off the wagon for a while. We have been sooooo busy lately and I have been so tired. But made myself shred tonight b/c I want to get out of the 190's and into the 180's by the end of the month. Weighed in at 190.4 yesterday. Day 9/Level 2 is done and I was really feeling it.

I have been doing it for a little while but I am doing it every other day. I don't like to do same workout daily. Are you losing lbs easily with this. I am gaining muscle so the weight is the same.. Normally I drop weight easily.
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Finished Day 10/Level 2 last night after we went out to dinner. I felt like I really needed the workout after that, even though I made some good choices. Moving on to Level 3:drinker:
  • gatedialer
    Options
    I started on Monday (this week). Wow, she kicked my butt! I only have four days off during the week and that's when I do this workout. I skipped a day because I was sore and wanted to give my muscles a rest but on the next day, I noticed my endurance was better. I have a question though, how is this workout categorized? I have been entering it as "aerobics, high impact". I'm curious as to what others are entering this workout as on their logs. Since I will not be doing this workout Friday-Sunday, my 30 days will be a bit weird. :)
  • crosedonahue
    crosedonahue Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Went over 300 calories over. On my way to the gym to work it off. Wish me luck!
  • Mehs
    Mehs Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    @ gatedialer- You can try logging it as circuit training.
  • gatedialer
    Options
    @ gatedialer- You can try logging it as circuit training.

Thanks, Mehs!
  • jdavis193
    Options
    I just have to say I love level 3 of 30 day shred. I hated level 2. Level 1 and Level 3 are the best. I do the shred every other day and do the biggest loser cardio max alternating days. I am showing some muscle after a couple time with jillian!! It's great.
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Finally moved on to Level 3 today......WOW!!!! Great workout, but I am really feeling it in my shoulders and back muscles. Hopefully, it won't take me as long to finish this round as it did Level 2. Kind of fell off that wagon.
  • jesse14472
    Options
    Sorry, jdavis--I just saw your post. I have not lost a lot of weight, but I am really dropping inches. I don't know which to be happier about. Someone on another thread posted that with intense cardio workouts, your muscles hold on to water for up to 2 weeks. This happened to me and then I finally dropped some weight. I tend to lose weight slowly anyway. I have only lost about 7 lbs in 60 days, but I keep trudging along. Sometimes I get really jealous and down when I see all these new people dropping 25+ lbs in the same amount of time and here I am sitting at 7 lbs.:ohwell: But I like what I am seeing in the mirror so far, have bought some other Jillian DVD's and will keep on going. Good luck to you!:drinker: