Offensive or not? Breaking Cupcakes.

Options
124»

Replies

• EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    offensive at a kids party, yes. in general, just really tasteless.

Neither my recently-turned 13yr old nor her friends would have ANY idea that was anything other than a pretty blue sugar cupcake topping. Then again I don't any of MY friends would have a clue either (I certainly didn't). What sheltered lives we must live.

I did bake some vagina cupcakes for my daughter to take to school when she was about 9 though. That was pretty funny (she told everyone they were mouths).

:happy:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If they're handing them out at a methadone clinic, that might be offensive, or at least insensitive.

But otherwise? Whoever finds these offensive had best never come to my house for a Halloween party.
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I think people look for reasons to be offended.

Those cup cakes look delicious!
  • odddrums
    odddrums Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I thought you were talking about the process of taking a cupcake, breaking it in half, then putting the bottom part upside town on the icing and making a cupcake sandwich.

Either way, both things are not offensive. I mean I wouldn't serve them at my little cousin's birthday, but the meth on the show is rock candy anyway so what's the big deal.
  • stephiegreeneyes
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing.
  • TheCalorieSMASHER
    TheCalorieSMASHER Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    people will find ways to get offended by air. or water. or anything. the cupcakes are adorable and i bet they taste amazing and i want to nom nom nom nom...........

...carry on.

Dihydrogen Monoxide killed somebody very close to me, thank you. :sad:
  • action_figure
    action_figure Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    TIL meth is blue, apparently.
  • lilacinfinity
    lilacinfinity Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I thought you were talking about the process of taking a cupcake, breaking it in half, then putting the bottom part upside town on the icing and making a cupcake sandwich.

That was my initial thought too - and I could see how some very uptight capcake-baker might get offended at someone de-constructing their glorious efforts in order to eat it. Cupcakes are srs bsns here for sure
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I am a cupcake baker and I love these! Wondering where I can find rock candy around here though...

Ironically....I made rock candy in my high school chemistry class.Was I only 1 step away from meth?!?
  • Blondiegrl11
    Blondiegrl11 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I'm still eating candy cigarettes...

I loved candy cigarettes, especially the gum kind with the "smoke"
  • spud_chick
    spud_chick Posts: 2,639 Member
    Options
    I am a cupcake baker and I love these! Wondering where I can find rock candy around here though...

Make it yourself! It's just cooked sugar!

Right, you just need a good apron and some goggles and...

Actually I wondered if it was some kind of jelled topping since the rock candy would seem to be a bit much. Like chunks of some pectin-y substance? Chunks of blue Jello?

Lol um. No goggles required. Cooking sugar is one of the MOST simple things. Have you never made your own caramel, either?

Wet method: water + sugar in a pot.
    Dry method: sugar in a pot.

Easy peasy.

Well, I was making a joke about making rock candy being like cooking meth, you see. I've made caramel, yes (and I make toffee every xmas at least), but I would argue that the dry method is not for amateurs.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Just because I'm clueless and naive... I would have thought it was a cool idea for a cupcake!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna say you were 50-100 steps away from meth...
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I need those cupcakes in and around my mouth immediately.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I need those cupcakes in and around my mouth immediately.

But not up your nose?