Recipe: "Loaded baked potato" mashed cauliflower

My "loaded baked potato fake mashed potato mashed cauliflower". Trial and error in the kitchen landed me this winner. It tastes just like a loaded baked potato:

1 head of cauliflower
Campbell's Healthy Request cheddar cheese soup
Daisy light sour cream
Real bacon bits
Fresh chives

Boil the cauliflower in plain or salted water until very soft. Drain completely, pat dry, then put back into the hot pot to let it steam out some more, otherwise the cauliflower ends up too watery.

In a large bowl, mix 3.5 oz (exactly 1/3 of a can) of the cheese soup mix with 2 tbsp sour cream, 2 tbsp bacon bits, and 2 tbsp finely-chopped chives.

Mash the cauliflower with a fork or use a blender/food processor. Throw it in the large bowl with the cheesy stuff and blend completely. Heat again in pot or microwave to serve immediately, or refrigerate for later. (I personally like letting it sit a day before serving because the flavors come out more, but it also tastes awesome right out of the pot.) Salt and pepper to taste.

Mine comes out to 2.5 cups but yours may vary depending on the size of your cauliflower.

Per 3/4-cup serving:

78 calories, 6g net carbs, 3g fat, 6g protein, 2g fiber

Replies

• _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Why oh why? Just eat a tattie within your normal limits.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    We're eating this this week too, but I'll use greek yoghurt instead of sour cream, and plain bouillon instead of canned soup. Hope it tastes good!
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Why oh why? Just eat a tattie within your normal limits.
    Because I'd have to eat a fraction of the amount for the same cost... obviously?

I don't do carbs. Sorry.