treat meals? Do you ever regret them?

Options
2»

Replies

• gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    NOPE because it is the treat meals that keep me from throwing in the towel... Its knowing that I'm not giving up something FOREVER that keeps me on track.
  • emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Lol @ the Taco Bell girl. I ordered the XXL nachos once and the drive thru lady said to me "Are you actually going to eat all of this by yourself?!"

I almost threw the nachos at her but then they wouldn't have ended up in my belly and my belly loves nacho cheese. :)
  • abickford82
    Options
    Usually b/c I'm down to the last 10-15lbs. and I find even when I workout hard, and have a good deficit...even the nutrition sucks, the scale (and body) shows it. It's all about diet manipulation at this point. :)
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat or treat meals

I make the food I enjoy fit my day

And OP, why on earth would you keep eating something that tasted so bad?
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I regret them almost every time... just because when I'm full, the satisfaction is over and a healthy meal would have likely filled me just the same.

With that said, I still have them (every week and half or so).
  • Lili0817
    Lili0817 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I would NOT consider Subway a treat meal. And wow, that is a lot of calories for subway. My treat meals consist of In & Out, animal style and I don't regret them :)
    It's OK, don't feel bad just workout extra hard today!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Since getting serious about losing weight, I try to avoid the treat meals as much as possible. I am going on 2 weeks strong. However, if you are from Nebraska or have ever been through Nebraska, you will know what Runza is. My mouth waters at the thought of it! I CRAVE a runza and their fries!
    *cleaning the drool off my keyboard*
    Today was pay day and I did bring my lunch, but as I am running errands I drive past a Runza and I tell ya, it took a LOT of will power to go the other direction. I had to talk myself out of it by telling my little naughty voice that they $6 or $7 I spend on a Runza meal would cover a full meal for my kids and I. I didn't realize how much I craved the treat food and what kind of effect it has on me. I came back to my office, ate my lunch and some carrots and drank some water. It felt good to not give in.
  • RuleFive
    RuleFive Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Only if I don't go over 5,000 for the day.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    friends_regret_nothing.gif

I don't bother eating anything that isn't completely worth it, so I have no regrets.

Except maybe that time I tried pig brains.

Nope.

Not even then. I didn't enjoy it. I almost hurled. But at least I can say, "I tried pig brains."
  • Julzanne72
    Julzanne72 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Nope I don't regret it, If I expected to be perfect and eat clean 100% of the time, I would be setting myself up for failure. I don't feel bad if I have fries from McDonalds once in a while, or ice cream, I think when you get that fixed on "cheating" , that you can NEVER eat foods that you enjoy, you are setting yourself up to fail, when the truth is we are all human, and thing in moderation are okay, I refuse to beat myself up for being human.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I only regret it if the meal wasnt what I expected. Although I regret 'healthy' meals too if it tasted bad or was bad quality.

I'm in the same boat. I saved myself 600 calories for dinner tonight and then ended up having two extra (I already had one before these) mini vanilla scones from Starbucks -.-' Although 120 calories per scone certainly was not as bad as it could have been, that small amount of 240 calories now means I only get 360 calories for dinner... which is pasta because my parents want to make dinner for me, and 360 calories for pasta is a lot less indulgent than 600. That small amount goes a long way psychologically.
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I don't know why but I have a problem with pizza particularly. I have to stop at only 2-3 slices (which usually is not enough to leave me feeling full/satiated) or else I get this weird feeling like I can almost FEEL myself bloating up under my skin and it's not a pleasant feeling. That's the only time I ever regret it.
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Nope. Because I don't eat things I'm not enjoying.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    The ones I regret are the ones that make me feel physically ill afterwards. As I've gotten used to more healthy, high quality foods, when I eat junky, greasy foods, it really affects me and I immediately regret it. As a bonus though, it helps make me want them less which is an overall WIN! :)
  • jollyjoe321
    jollyjoe321 Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    If it's not a binge, just a treat meal,then, of course I don't regret it, it's a treat! <3
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I only regret it if the meal wasnt what I expected. Although I regret 'healthy' meals too if it tasted bad or was bad quality.

This.

Yup. This. Though I seldom regret because if I'm not enjoying it I don't keep eating it.
  • sophorae
    sophorae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    It's not fair. I have just started and there have been four special birthday parties at fab restaurants. So I decided to eat something deliciously new at each one. So far three out of the four I did that and still kept under my limit but the fourth was hot and cold seafood platters of the freshest most delicious prawns, scallops, oysters, Moreton Bay lobsters, fish, I left the mussels, and hot potato chips. I limited those to 10. Followed by a cream birthday cake that was a heart attack on steroids. I did pig out that night but the next day didn't feel hungry at all and ended up eating 600 calories less than my limit.

It there something about feast and famine - Is a feast meant to last you a few days?

I didn't beat myself up over it. That was one of the resolutions, I made when I started. I knew that falling off the wagon was a reason too often used for quitting. So I decided that this time I was going to enjoy my falls and enjoy my highs. I agree with other posters here that there is no point eating food that isn't of excellent quality.
  • Chimis_Siq
    Chimis_Siq Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I used to feel SO guilty eating anything unhealthy, now if I really want it Ill wait it out, if its really a strong feeling of want in an hour , Ill hve it. If its something large, Ill eat half, or if I eat all I know that the rest of my day is super healthy and that I have to burn those extra calories.

I also dont do it everyday so its ok. Life is about moderation and balance . This is the biggest thing Ive found in the last 3.5 months of using MFP and losing 30 lbs.

One meal didnt make you fat, just the same as one healthy meal will not make you healthy. :) Consistency is the answer. If you consistently eat crappy-your body will show. If you consistenly eat healthy , it will always show.
  • FitCanuckChick
    FitCanuckChick Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Only the KFC I had that I felt extremely Ill after!
    Sometimes I find feeling ill after consuming too much grease makes me realize that my body craves the healthy fuel and not the crappy fuel, so it helps drive me more