exercise dvd fans

2»

Replies

• liz2512
    liz2512 Posts: 33 Member
    If you want a challenging workout, P90X, P90X2 or insanity are all really good. I modified some of the moves and had good results as long as I could keep the motivation to do them.
  • nickiev214
    nickiev214 Posts: 19 Member
    I'm currently doing Power 90 and it's great. He tells you to take your time and take water breaks or pause if needed. Only 25-40 minute videos with a ticker on the bottom showing how much time you have left.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    honestly can't go wrong with any beach body dvd. that would be insanity, p90x, body beast, t-25, and a **** ton others
  • Cynnie20012
    Cynnie20012 Posts: 33 Member
    Hey guys, just wanted to say thanks for gathering it all in one thread.. I am currently on Ripped in 30 and I am thinking already of what to do next. Your comments gave me ideas, thanks sweethearts!
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    I started with Jillian's 30 DS and a walking DVD because they were short but packed a lot in 20-30 minutes. My favorite go-to DVDs now are Jillians Biggest Loser Last Chance workout (labeled int-adv) It has interval training of cardio and weights and if you increase weights can do it a long time. Some people don't like that the participants aren't fitness model types but I liked the change and if you do the moves correctly, it is harder than shred to me.
    I also like Jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. It's 40 minutes, no weights, but gives you a great burn.
    My newest favorite is Amy Dixon's breathless workouts...it's tabata style, 20 seconds of a move, 10 second rest 8 times and then a longer rest. I defy a plateau to stick up to that! : )
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Biggest Loser Boot Camp. I also just bought Jillian Michaels's Kickboxing FastFix, and that looks good.
  • Hi

I wish I lived where I could get all the awesome DVDs mentioned here...

Previous years I tried Hip Hops Abs, Taebo (basic and Advanced). I lost weight nicely.

Also love my Zumba DVD.

3 days ago I bought Body Gospel. I started on that and am loving it! This is one of the Beachbody workout DVDs.

Oh my gosh, I absolutely love Amy Dixon and her workouts always target muscles I didn't even know I had. Unfortunately here in South Africa there are no DVDs on sale by her, but I do get her workouts from some issues of Women's Health magazine. Her 10 minutes workouts left me soaking wet with sweat. She's amazing.
  • tdfarmer
    tdfarmer Posts: 176 Member
    Beachbody workouts
  • AA1ex
    AA1ex Posts: 223 Member
    A lot of the suggestions are beachbody products, which are great, but they can be a bit pricey. If you go to amazon or some other site you can find 2-3 month programs similar to them but way cheaper. The production and extras aren't the same quality but the workouts are if you know what you are doing. X-factor ST is one of my favorite cheap ones, it is an eight week program with three or four bonus dvds. I think it was $20 at walmart, I have seen it for $8 at big lots as well. Then there is Surpreme 90, which a lot of the reviews said it was a knock off of p90x but I didn't think so. Again, $20 for a 90 day workout program. They both came with meal plans as well. JM is great at having high quality low cost product, but trust me you will get tired of her talking. Though if you are into spending a bunch of money on dvds then beachbody is a great way to go. It is a company that puts a lot of energy into their product before filming. My favorite is insanity, but their website can help you find what is best for you. There is also the free way, on the internet, bodyrock.tv is awesome and different all the time. They have daily routines then you can choose from their library of previously posted workouts. Hope this helps you out!
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    I love all Jillian Michaels workouts, highly recommended!
    I done the yoga meltdown this afternoon and 6 week 6 pack yesterday.
    I also am about to finish my first round of her Body Revolution program which is 15 different workouts. I think I am going to start again with heavier weights I enjoyed it that much.
  • CandaceG514
    CandaceG514 Posts: 24 Member
    I did 30DS first and now I am working on Ripped in 30. It is good too. I think it is pretty much the same as 30DS as far as difficulty. I also have Biggest Loser Cardio Max and it is good for a change but not as challenging for me as 30DS. I just got Biggest Loser Power X-train and I liked it pretty well. I am trying to decide if I am going to invest in Body Revolution or T25 next.
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    I think, at least Collage Video reviews say, Biggest Loser Last Chance is the hardest of the series. It really hits every muscle group.

I'm all for variety though, keep the body/muscles guessing what is coming next. : )

I might sell my Body Rev,,,dont think I'd do it again.
  • TheMojoMissy
    TheMojoMissy Posts: 18 Member
    I second (or third) the recommendation for Kelly Coffey Meyer. She's fan-flippin-tastic. No nonsense, but encouraging. I can burn 350 calories in 30 minutes w/no impact. Plus she'll personally respond to you on facebook if you friend her. She shows modifiers in every workout, too. I can't jump so it's nice to have a low-impact move.
  • wow i have a lot to be getting on with! thanks for all your recommendations i'm sure out of all of these i'll find a good few that i love :)