New barbie doll design?! What do you think?

Options
1235»

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Until Ken grows some genitalia, he can't complain.

Lol. Gives new meaning to 'grow some balls'.

barbie.jpg

bahahahahahaha
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Maybe now society won't push the barbie image on females because it's ****ing stupid. But that barbie should be the new barbie instead of the awkward sticks.
  • LauraBalyk
    LauraBalyk Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how I feel... obviously the original Barbie is way too skinny, but the new Barbie seems oddly proportioned to me. I think it will just take some getting used to!

I agree, something looks off
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I think in between would be better, honestly... Is 150 lbs for 163.5cm even a normal BMI?
  • operaprincess1
    operaprincess1 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Right direction...but needs to work on the proportions. Just looks off and the head is a bit big for the body.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    I note the thigh gap. I want a thigh gap but I also want a hinge in my pelvis. :sad:

Also think I love you... Hm.

Guess it's my fuzzy grey fur.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I don't like the new barbie. I'm sure that they're doing it so that girls don't feel "inadequate" and "not able to live up to Barbies proportions" but if Barbie is your role model you've got issues and feeling inadequate isn't one of them.
    Maybe now society won't push the barbie image on females because it's ****ing stupid. But that barbie should be the new barbie instead of the awkward sticks.

Not sure how society is "pushing the Barbie image on females". If by that you mean selling a DOLL then okay. Buy it or don't buy it. It's up to you but I don't see the image pushing. I played with Barbies my entire childhood and never once felt that I needed to look like her because she's a DOLL. I think my issues would run deeper if I was jealous and/or felt like I needed to look like a DOLL whose proportions are far from attainable. I liked dressing her up. I liked making her go out with ken. Hell I would even tuck her into her own little bed at night but I was never jealous of her body nor did I want a pink pent house (ok, so maybe I want the pink corvette) because I knew what she was: a DOLL.
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    This is not actually a redesign... this was a private artist making a statement.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/09/barbie-meet-average-barbie/

"Average Barbie, who has not been endorsed by Mattel, is modeled off body measurements of a normal 19-year-old American girl using data from the CDC. "

Still, I like it better.

You beat me to it, I was coming here to say just that! And I agree, I like the Artists rendition instead of the original. Though the iiiiiiiittty bitty skirt on the regular body kinda weirds me out.
  • spidey11186
    spidey11186 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I wanna see a Fat Amy doll.

Never ever trust a big butt and a smile! That Barbie is Poison!!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Not sure how society is "pushing the Barbie image on females". If by that you mean selling a DOLL then okay. Buy it or don't buy it. It's up to you but I don't see the image pushing. I played with Barbies my entire childhood and never once felt that I needed to look like her because she's a DOLL. I think my issues would run deeper if I was jealous and/or felt like I needed to look like a DOLL whose proportions are far from attainable. I liked dressing her up. I liked making her go out with ken. Hell I would even tuck her into her own little bed at night but I was never jealous of her body nor did I want a pink pent house (ok, so maybe I want the pink corvette) because I knew what she was: a DOLL.

I never wanted to look like Barbie either, but that biotch had a dream house, that corvette, a fabulous wardrobe and a boyfriend with perfect hair and a neck scarf - and I was jealous! I blame Barbie for turning me into a materialistic over-consumer.
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    To me barbie is barbie, I mean if they had came out with the new version back then we wouldn't care either or. I don't think I ever thought growing up I wanted to look like barbie, but they were fun dolls to play with. All I know is the new barbie version, has an *kitten* to twerk with.
  • Elliesque
    Elliesque Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I think it's great! She has some junk in the trunk! lol
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    come on barbie, lets go barbie