Well, that wasn't worth the calories.

Options
I have been daydreaming about a Sonic Cheezy Bacon Pretzel Dog, and saved up the calories for it today.

While the pretzel bun was really good, the rest was just... meh. Bland and kind of tasteless. I actually think a plain pretzel dog would have been okay, the cheese sauce was just too overwhelmingly bland (despite the apparent oxymoron). I am very glad I had enough calories left to have a Shiner Light Blonde with it- the beer was totally worth it. :)

So what have you eaten (especially if you "saved" calories for it) and been disappointed with?

Replies

• Tuala42
    Tuala42 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Just had a "fun size" milky way simply caramel bar bar. Really disappointing, and wasted a 100 calories in about 2-3 bites. Thankfully I'm still under in calories for the day at least. Had room to spare for a couple twizzlers so I'm good now!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Some kind of chocolate fudge cookie the kids were having. I had one bite and stopped. Totally blend.

Some bologna a couple days ago. I remember that I loved it, and we had some for the kids, so I made a bologna sandwich... it was so blend! Wasted 140 calories on it. Oh well, live and learn, I won't have it again.

Thankfully so far nothing too bad though! I'd be quite annoyed to eat a tasteless calorie bomb lol.
  • ktlinn4
    ktlinn4 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I had a crazy work out day and decided I was going to get a frozen pizza. I just stuck with Tombstone 4-Meat. (Choices are limited in my small town!) I usually loved these and over the course of the afternoon & evening I would have normally eaten the whole thing. I had the calories banked to eat like half of it....BUT, after the first 2 pieces it was just TOO salty! Which is crazy to say, because I am a salt maniac!

It was bittersweet...I loved frozen pizza, but know how terrible they can be for you. On the sweet side...I totally splurged the other day and made a philly cheese steak pizza and a chicken bacon alfredo pizza at home. Totally worth it! So I'm glad my taste for pizza hasn't changed. Now I just prefer "good" pizza!! :wink:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm a foodie...everything that goes into my mouth is worth it....
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    BJ's had an energy bar sample, so I took one. I immediately regretted it and further regret finishing it. It was only a portion of a bar, but when I looked up the cals later I realized that was 50 calories that I'll never get back.
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    Recently a friend returned from a trip to the US and brought back Reesses Peanut Butter Cups (sp) as a treat. I had the calories to spare and tried one. OMG are they awful, cloyingly sweet, stick to the roof of your mouth sticky.......never again ! Don't understand why people rave so much about them....:o).
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Kobe beef burgers. The fat content is so high that just a regular-sized patty is 700 calories, and it was just okay tasting. They were also hella expensive. I'll take a 14-oz New York strip any day for the same calories.
  • FitFunTina
    FitFunTina Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Recently a friend returned from a trip to the US and brought back Reesses Peanut Butter Cups (sp) as a treat. I had the calories to spare and tried one. OMG are they awful, cloyingly sweet, stick to the roof of your mouth sticky.......never again ! Don't understand why people rave so much about them....:o).

Oh, how I love Reese's PB Cups. I like to eat the chocolate first, then the peanut butter.

My husband shares this love with me. :)
  • Agate69
    Agate69 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Not wort it: fair food on a stock, except thick chocolate covered jalapeño Bach on a stck.
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I regrettably passed up funnel cake, fried oreos, and chocolate covered bacon to save my calories for an ice cream cone at the state fair last year...biggest let-down ever! Tasted like watered down ice milk on cardboard. :grumble:

This year I used my calories at the wine tent and was not disappointed. :drinker:
  • xoTalim
    xoTalim Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything too specific at the moment. But honestly it's hard not to enjoy everything these days since I'm so limited in what I can eat. So I savour pretty much everything I eat just because I eat so little a day. I always look forward to eating, regardless of what the food is.
  • jdm1726
    jdm1726 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds chicken nuggets and fries......they were bland, tasteless, and the fries were soggy...ugh,,,

That'll teach me to not forget my lunch at home..

If you're looking for good frozen pizza for low cals, try the Mccain's UltraThin Crust ones...the spinach and provolone is great and only 300 cals for 1/2 the pizza!
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I am so glad you said you didnt like it - I wont try it now.
  • NonnyMary
    NonnyMary Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    EWW they probably used that fake velveeta cheese that i hate on that cheesy dog. not worth it.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    2 different ones come to mind:

1. Fried Dough at a fair. Not what I thought it would be at all, and way high in calories for what it was. I was expecting something that was more than a basic flour dough that was fried... maybe more like a sweet dough (think doughnut dough), but was wrong.

2. A Kashi cookie. I think it was some kind of oatmeal/raisin one. Totally tasted like sawdust - not what I wanted at all. And at 130 calories, it was only 10 less than the yummy chocolate chip cookies I get from my grocery store.
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Julia,
    I have been daydreaming about a Sonic Cheezy Bacon Pretzel Dog, and saved up the calories for it today.

While the pretzel bun was really good, the rest was just... meh. Bland and kind of tasteless. I actually think a plain pretzel dog would have been okay, the cheese sauce was just too overwhelmingly bland (despite the apparent oxymoron). I am very glad I had enough calories left to have a Shiner Light Blonde with it- the beer was totally worth it. :)

So what have you eaten (especially if you "saved" calories for it) and been disappointed with?

For what its worth - I think its a valuable lesson. Its worth remembering the next time you want to treat yourself to something.
    Something that I do not consider worth the calories?
    Where do I start, huh?

I do love chocolate but I rarely eat it these days because I know how calorific it is and how long it takes me in the gym to burn those calories.
    kind regards,

Ben
  • spoiledpuppies
    spoiledpuppies Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    A Heath blizzard from Dairy Queen. My husband actually loves DQ, and I hadn't indulged with him since logging. I had enough calorie room one day, and I had been craving the Heath blizzard. (The night before, we just missed the drive through before DQ closed.) So I finally got it. It was smaller, weight-wise, than the website said, which is uncommon. So I was excited that the calories were lower than I had expected. And it actually tasted pretty good, but I remember thinking that I would have probably enjoyed just a straight Heath bar more...and then I got really sick -- really bad gut pain that lasted into the next morning. I don't know the cause for sure, but I certainly won't be craving a blizzard anytime soon.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Avacado. Blech. Everyone raves about how it's a great way to get some extra fat it, but ugh. Never again. I'll stick to gelato and ice cream or full fat cheese.
  • kasey98226
    Options
    My hubby brought home some fettuccine Alfredo from Olive Garden I used to LOVE. I dont know if it was a Ehh cook, or since it's been so long and I have been cooking a ton more, but it was terrible! Mine is way better and way less calories! Of course, I did eat it all... I was hungry. lol
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Kobe beef burgers. The fat content is so high that just a regular-sized patty is 700 calories, and it was just okay tasting. They were also hella expensive. I'll take a 14-oz New York strip any day for the same calories.

Yes I think they are over rated at least the one I had anyway and for the price I'll take the Strip for sure.