i go over my sugar macro because of fruit

Options
2»

Replies

• CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    So should I stop tracking my sugar intake?

In my opinion I don't see the point in tracking it... If you are eating within your caloric intake and hitting your macro's (Proteins, Carbs, and Fats) then I do not think it is necessary to track sugar..... Best of Luck....
  • recover_healthy_fit
    Options
    So should I stop tracking my sugar intake?

In my opinion I don't see the point in taking it... If you are eating within your caloric intake and hitting your macro's (Proteins, Carbs, and Fats) then I do not think it is necessary to track sugar..... Best of Luck....

Ok, thank you
  • Today is my first day here and I was just thinking about how this sugar thing seems impossible. My breakfast banana contained seven sugar and the red delicious apple I ate with my lunch had twenty-three!!! Combined with the half a baked potato and oven roasted brussels sprouts I ate for lunch, I am officially over my sugar count for the day without having had a morsel of processed sugar. (Or for that matter, without having had dinner or any snacks!)

In the past, when trying to eat healthy, I've always tried to have one fruit at breakfast, and then both a fruit and vegetable with lunch and dinner. How does anyone keep from going over on the sugar count when eating any fruit at all?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I am not diabetic or pre-diabetic. I don't even track sugar.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I am not diabetic or pre-diabetic. I don't even track sugar.

meme_logical.gif
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    1349069844721723_animate.gif
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I ignore that macro.It does not exist on my list. I was always stressing about it, once I took that one off not only did I relax about it totally but I found I lost easier.

Forget the sugar.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about sugar from fruit at all. It's not white refined sugar. Don't worry about being over, it's good for you.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I stopped tracking sugar and sodium and track potassium and fiber instead. They are more relevant to my nutritional needs at the moment.
  • myriad1c
    Options
    The sugar in fruit has a low GI (glycemic index) so absolutely don't worry if you are going over because of it! I don't :--)
  • kasey98226
    Options
    I ALWAYS go over in sugars. My calories are very close to the right amount, fats usually slightly lower as well as Carbs. Fruit will do it on the counter. I dont worry. I have lost so much more weight with my spinach/mixed fruit smoothie, and feeling awesome in the morning I decided it wasn't worth the stress if it's obviously not doing any harm.
  • sophorae
    sophorae Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Apparently fruit isn't the problem at all.

Here's a great video from our best science program which has made me realise that I need to cut out all sugars except whole fruit. (I'm guessing that whizzed up whole fruit in smoothies are just as low GI as whole fruit.)

When I first started on MFP, I had no added sugar but gradually I have noticed it creeping in. I need to paint a great big hex sign on my tummy fat. Watch the video, you'll see why.

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3821440.htm