Well, that wasn't worth the calories.

Options

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Mcdonalds chicken nuggets and fries......they were bland, tasteless, and the fries were soggy...ugh,,,

That'll teach me to not forget my lunch at home..

If you're looking for good frozen pizza for low cals, try the Mccain's UltraThin Crust ones...the spinach and provolone is great and only 300 cals for 1/2 the pizza!

We love the Kashi Mediterranean Pizza. Sometimes I out extra feta or vegetables on it, or olives,, or drizzle pesto on it.
  • Weebs628
    Weebs628 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I ate half a funnel cake at a fair once. Didn't care about the calories, I just wanted one. I woke up in the middle of the night sick to my stomach and ended up throwing it up. Horrible waste of 500 calories. I will never eat a funnel cake again. I should have got spiral spuds instead!
  • toofatnomore
    toofatnomore Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I read this thread knowing it would make me hungry. It did.
    Ugh...lol
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i've just had a wholesome breakfast of custard cream biscuits because i couldn't be bothered to make proper food.

they were ok but not half as nice as a mushroom omlette would have been :grumble: waste of calories really.
  • notdieting
    notdieting Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Recently a friend returned from a trip to the US and brought back Reesses Peanut Butter Cups (sp) as a treat. I had the calories to spare and tried one. OMG are they awful, cloyingly sweet, stick to the roof of your mouth sticky.......never again ! Don't understand why people rave so much about them....:o).

I have to thank those sickeningly awful things for stopping me wanting Reese's other peanut butter bar....Nutrageous. I loved the Nutrageous bars and had at least one a week as a treat, sometimes two, costing me 260 cals a pop. I then tried the Peanut Butter Cups and they were sooooo disgustingly sweet and cloying, it has left me with with a shudder at the very thought of sweet peanut butter and chocolate....so i haven't had a Nutragious since either. I'm sure if I had one, I'd enjoy them again but the thought of it reminds me of the literal gagging and wretching I got with the Cups so I haven't even tried.....so thank you Cups, you have saved me a potential 560 cals a week in high fat/high cal/high sugar rubbish.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Krispy Kreme Red Velvet. I ate half, thinking 'bleurgh' and should have binned the second half, but hate being wasteful.
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Well luckily it wasn't many calories but I tried a skinny cow ice cream sandwich...Not that good. I'd rather have real ice cream and go jog it off. That said, then I tried one of their fudge bars and those are really good!
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Recently a friend returned from a trip to the US and brought back Reesses Peanut Butter Cups (sp) as a treat. I had the calories to spare and tried one. OMG are they awful, cloyingly sweet, stick to the roof of your mouth sticky.......never again ! Don't understand why people rave so much about them....:o).

Uh...BECAUSE they are cloyingly sweet and stick to the roof of your mouth sticky! Awful is apparently in the eye (or mouth) of the beholder!
  • shadus
    shadus Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    My last free day we went to a restaurant called potbellies, I was so pissed to find out they were a sub shop not a purveyor of tasty pork products.
  • shadus
    Options
    Well luckily it wasn't many calories but I tried a skinny cow ice cream sandwich...Not that good. I'd rather have real ice cream and go jog it off. That said, then I tried one of their fudge bars and those are really good!

You know, I felt the same way and then I found the Great Value Ice Cream Sandwiches (not light or anything like that), which are 160 calories and pretty tasty and satisfying... it's 10 more calories than the skinny cow and it's the exact sandwich more or a less that I got from the ice cream man when I was a kid.
  • spookiefox
    Options

I have to thank those sickeningly awful things for stopping me wanting Reese's other peanut butter bar....Nutrageous. I loved the Nutrageous bars and had at least one a week as a treat, sometimes two, costing me 260 cals a pop. I then tried the Peanut Butter Cups and they were sooooo disgustingly sweet and cloying, it has left me with with a shudder at the very thought of sweet peanut butter and chocolate....so i haven't had a Nutragious since either. I'm sure if I had one, I'd enjoy them again but the thought of it reminds me of the literal gagging and wretching I got with the Cups so I haven't even tried.....so thank you Cups, you have saved me a potential 560 cals a week in high fat/high cal/high sugar rubbish.

I have never met anything too sweet. I could happily eat table sugar from the bag. Brown sugar even more so. I am amazed by people who describe anything as "too sweet."
  • shadus
    Options

Far better than that is smear some peanut butter on a dark chocolate bar, freeze it for about 20m... THAT is delicious.
  • spookiefox
    Options

Yeah, no. I'm an ice cream aficionado and I would not eat "low calorie" or "diet" ice cream. I make room in my calories for the real stuff.

It's been my experience anything marked "low cal" or "diet" or the like is way not worth the calories. I am only going to live once, and cancer has taught me I have no idea how long it will be. Healthy eating may be a good idea but it does not guarantee a long life. I will not eat stuff that's "not too bad." If I don't say "Mmmm, that's good!" I'm NOT eating it.
  • sunsetzen
    sunsetzen Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    It wasnt a lot of calories, but I WAS looking forward to a huge bowl of popcorn with butter, popped myself in a pot. The butter (only 50 calories too) ruined the whole bowl. I ate it still, lol, but I was disappointed.
  • erikmsp72
    erikmsp72 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Isn't it interesting how the way we experience food changes when we are being kind of "more aware" of it? Stuff that we used to just CONSUME, we suddenly actually realize is "just OK" . . . and we'd rather just skip it for something better.

I was on vacation and my spouse had a craving for Taco Bell . . . and it was calories, but so few actual nutrients in it! I just kept thinking I'd really rather have a Costco turkey burger patty and a slice of cheese -- it'd taste better AND be better for me, especially for all the calories. Ugh.
  • rhondatime2chg
    rhondatime2chg Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Starbucks cinnamon dolce latte! I used to be so addicted, getting them just about every other day. They are expensive and full of fat and calories. I stopped drinking them about two months ago. Last week I had a craving so my husband and I went and got our lattes, and blah! It was so not with the calories! Addiction broken :)
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I love food so a lot of things are worth it most of the time. McDonald's however, is not.

How did I ever eat that crap before? :sick:
  • angeeishere
    angeeishere Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I broke down and had a can of Retro Pepsi, not worth it and very disappointing.
  • Sevio
    Sevio Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I love food so a lot of things are worth it most of the time. McDonald's however, is not.

How did I ever eat that crap before? :sick:

I totally agree! Fast Food does not appeal to me at all anymore. If I want a burger I would rather fix myself a really delicious burger here at home on the grill and load it up with lots of yummy toppings.

I went to a local ice cream shop that makes homemade ice cream the other day and had their Birthday Cake ice cream. Just a small on a cone. That thing was so sickly sweet it was disgusting. Too much frosting mixed in with the vanilla ice and sprinkles. I thought there would have been some actual cake in there.... I won't be getting that again!!
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    the Cantina Double Steak Quesadilla from Taco Bell

i did a massive amount of food juggling to make that thing fit my macros

i mean it is decent but not 960 cal good i expect taste explosion for that many calories i should have got my usuall 900 cal treat the double baconator