50lbs down 1/3 the way there! ✨

Options
Starting Weight: 310 lbs
Current Weight: 260 lbs
Goal Weight: 160 lb.

Though I am no where near where I would like to be I wanted to celebrate my success thus far. I started my weight loss journey in April of this year, I boarded a plane to Las Vegas and the seat belt could barely buckle - I knew I had to start taking my health more seriously (also I think I probably would have rather risked my safety than ask for a seatbelt extender if I gained any more weight and could no longer buckle my seat belt). I decided that I would start with small changes to my diet and exercise as to not get overwhelmed; I became a vegetarian (something I have wanted to do for years) and started doing 30 minutes of physical activity per day. Now that I have gotten into the swing of things I have really started to enjoy working out and being more outdoorsy. My husband and I have dedicated ourselves to Saturday excursions to parks in our area to hike.

Even though at this stage in my weight loss journey it's very hard to see the changes in my body I am staying positive and pushing forward. I am very much looking forward to the next 2/3rds of my journey - feel free to add me I love making new dedicated & supportive friends!

0822138b-0815-445e-9033-d7b5ddf73500_zps19da6f81.jpg

Replies

• TBates14
    TBates14 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome, good work!!! Keep it up!
  • jlanderson01
    jlanderson01 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! And I can see the changes by the pictures you posted. You aren't seeing them as well because you are used to looking at yourself and you see yourself every day. Go back and really look at the pictures and I bet you'll see the great work you've done so far...
  • ambervaldez79
    ambervaldez79 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Great Job Young Lady!!!!!! Enjoy your success :flowerforyou:
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Way to go! You look so happy in your now pic keep up the great work!
  • ChelleBalady
    Options
    Great job!
  • enchanted_daydream
    Options
    Awesome work!! Keep going strong!
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Niiiiiiice! You've done a great job and you can so tell it! Keep it up and can't wait to see the changes when you hit the next two goals! :bigsmile:
  • submissivelyserving
    Options
    Starting Weight: 310 lbs
    Current Weight: 260 lbs
    Goal Weight: 160 lb.

Though I am no where near where I would like to be I wanted to celebrate my success thus far. I started my weight loss journey in April of this year, I boarded a plane to Las Vegas and the seat belt could barely buckle - I knew I had to start taking my health more seriously (also I think I probably would have rather risked my safety than ask for a seatbelt extender if I gained any more weight and could no longer buckle my seat belt). I decided that I would start with small changes to my diet and exercise as to not get overwhelmed; I became a vegetarian (something I have wanted to do for years) and started doing 30 minutes of physical activity per day. Now that I have gotten into the swing of things I have really started to enjoy working out and being more outdoorsy. My husband and I have dedicated ourselves to Saturday excursions to parks in our area to hike.

Even though at this stage in my weight loss journey it's very hard to see the changes in my body I am staying positive and pushing forward. I am very much looking forward to the next 2/3rds of my journey - feel free to add me I love making new dedicated & supportive friends!

0822138b-0815-445e-9033-d7b5ddf73500_zps19da6f81.jpg
  • submissivelyserving
    Options
    you look amazing. what a difference
  • Italia2229
    Italia2229 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Awesome. Keep up the great work!! Small steps is the best way to work towards goals because if you make them to big, people tend to get frustrated when they don't see results right away.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: wow .. bigggg difference!!!! you have a figure now.. and your face looks MUCH smaller and you look pretty and younger! heck yes... keep it up! :glasses:
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!!! I can so see a difference. You can't see it because we are sometimes our own worst critic. Best of luck!!!!
  • jmath911
    jmath911 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I certainly see a difference! you've done a great job and look lots younger. Good For You!
  • AshleyAuvil
    AshleyAuvil Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    ^^^ I could cry! You are all so sweet and encouraging! I wish you all the best of luck in meeting your goals as well! :)

February-11-2013-00-24-06-tumblrmdbrgjdSHk1rzwj0no1400large.gif
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    way to go girl!!!! you rock!
  • stuzzie
    stuzzie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great :-)
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep it goin' girl! you look so wonderful and healthy!!! Good for you and cheers to a great future!
  • mcgeorge5
    mcgeorge5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I CAN see the difference! Great job!
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    great job! you are doing awesome. i see a difference! its always hard to see it ourselves because we can see our reflections constantly... and often times we think negatively about ourselves. your brain will have to play catch up. one day you will really see yourself. know that the weight doesnt target any specific areas but its gone. it could take a lil from here and there. you might be looking at only your stomach for a change but the change might be in your thighs, your face, your butt, etc. i promise you there are differences. hang in there and keep pushing on. congrats on getting this far. you are a rockstar. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!