5'8" Woman and Curious About Other 5'8" Women

Options

Replies

• Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    5'9 and my goal is 155 lbs. highest was 180 and lowest 143 but 155 would be awesome!!
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 (well, closer to 5'8 than to 5'7), 31 years old, and I started MFP at 230 (though my highest about six months before that was 237). Current weight is 218. Goal weight is 160. It's just under the acceptable BMI limit, and while I think BMI is mostly bulls**t, my insurance company doesn't agree with me. I was 145-150 in high school and looked liked a gawky, bony young colt, so I don't think I want to go that low, though I'll see once I get down there. I'm really curvy and big boned (my wrists are bony even now at 218, and my boobs are dense so I don't think I'll lose much from there) so while I support all the women my height who want to get down into the 120s and 130s, I doubt my body could do that. I don't think my skeleton would fit into a size 4 pair of jeans, but if you can, that's awesome!
  • Lose_It_Leo
    Lose_It_Leo Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm 52.7kg (roughly 116lb). Measurements: 32-25-34. I'm small boned, have a just-healthy BMI of 18 (not that I believe it is a very good measure but hey ho), I've chunky thighs considering the rest of my measurements but I'm good with that (it's mostly muscle so..)
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and SW was 178. CW is 125.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' currently at 153 and my ultimate goal would be 145. I'm having a hard time getting past 150 though. I've been stuck here for about 6 months.. I am currently focusing on lowering my body fat %. Any advice would be great!
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    My goal weight was 125. I know a lot of people think that's too light, but I have a pretty small frame.
  • CarolineMason42
    Options
    I am just over 5' 8", my goal is 165lb I did get below that before about 3 years ago but found it hard to keep those pesky extra 5 or so lb's off so 165 is my target and i would be very happy to be there again.
  • TheBackStory
    Options
    I'm 5'8, starting (and highest) weight was 245ish. I've been there once before. Since I have so far to go, my first level goal is 180. I'll re-evaluate once I get closer. In my teens (was still 5'8 then), I went from about 215 to 145 by means of a very unhealthy VLCD and I looked gaunt as f***. 145 doesn't sound extrememely low for 5'8, but I had no butt, no boobs to speak of, my arms and legs were like twigs and you could count my ribs and every notch in my spine, but that's just how I carry on my frame. The smallest size I could fit over my protruding hip bones was a 7-9. My family and friends were constantly on my back and threatening to "get me help" if I didn't start eating "normally". I was exercising but I didn't know anything about strength training back then so that would have been a big factor in my frail appearance as well.

The last time in my adult life that I got down to the 180-190 range I looked curvy and trim, and was wearing pants 11-13. At that time I wasn't exercising at all, so I have a feeling once I get back to that general vicinity while continuing to exercise, I'll be somewhat satisfied with what I see... but like I said, I'll re-evaluate once I get there.

Oh that is me! I get all bony. It's really not cute. I could have cut someone with my collar bones at 153 lbs. I'm not sure what my goal weight is anymore. I want to be fit and happy. I'm not too much worried about the numbers, they tend to mess with my head.
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" on the nose, currently hovering between 170 and 172 lbs and my goal is to get into the 150-155 lb range. I was in that weight range from my late teens to mid 20s and it's where I feel I look the best. And I'm a size 6 at that weight (body fat % is ~27% currently) which is good enough for me.
  • moonshine_betty
    moonshine_betty Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Also wanted to mention...a good site for viewing what people your height look at different weights is mybodygallery.com
  • LadyBenihime
    LadyBenihime Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'8.5"

My highest weight and the weight I started this journey at was 295lbs.. I'm now at 276 (and counting ^____^ )

My first goal is 240 by January 23rd (my birthday) and also the lowest weight that I remember being as an adult..

I want my goal to be 135lbs.. but I have never been that weight as a teenager or older and I have no idea what I will even look like at that weight.. heck I don't even really know what kind of "frame" I have because I've always been overweight.. lol

I have a feeling though that I will end up anywhere from 135 - 155 given that I plan on increasing my strength training as I continue to lose weight
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 I'm not sure my current weight, I vowed not to weigh in for 1 month, so tomorrow is weigh in! But at the end of August I weighed 166 lbs.

My goal is about 158
    I'm not so concerned with losing weight as what I look like in the mirror. Right now I guess I would rather have muscle definition than a loss on the scale.
  • mahart87
    Options
    i'm 5'8 &165. it's the most i've ever weighed :( my lowest was 120, and that was just too low, so my goal is 130-135. i've got a relatively small frame, but anything less than that is too difficult for me to maintain. i exercise pretty frequently (mostly running) but that doesn't fully counteract this desk job i've had for the last 2 years with the constant sitting & free goodies! it's too easy to say "oh well i'll just have one cookie/donut/slice of pizza with everyone!"
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    5'7.5. Heaviest weight was 183.
    Currently 152.
    Goal weight 140-143.
    Hopefully by the end of 2013......
  • arcadia1983
    arcadia1983 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8" and started at 232lbs. My goal is to get to 140 in the end, but I am also insulin resistant so it's always been a bit tricky...
    btw if there's anyone who'd like to add me as a friend for sharing and support, please do so :)
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    150 pounds (about 68kgs)-although people are starting to tell me not to loose anymore weight (im currently 169 pounds) but im not happy yet. as other people have mentioned though, height doesnt mean that much, we all are shaped and composed differently.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I'm 150 (had gone up to 198 when pregnant). I'm at a healthy weight but my butt still feels kind of big.. I'm looking to get down to 135-140.
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'9 and my goal weight is around 135-138lbs.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 259.1 lbs...I am 5'9" and have a large build. I was wearing a size 22/24 when I started this journey and am currently into a size medium or 8//10 in most clothing. I currently weigh 175.8 but would be happy around 170.
  • SmileCozYouCan
    SmileCozYouCan Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7, can I still count myself in? Started at 192 and got down to 178, then gained back to 182, so now I'm back and trying again :D