For me, *this* is why WEIGHTS over CARDIO is KEY!

Options

Replies

• allergictodiets
    allergictodiets Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Your legs look amazing! What a transformation!
  • kcragg
    kcragg Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. you should be really proud of your achievement. I love it how weights can change your body shape, it happened to me too. I lost most of my weight without doing any cardio. I only started it when I hit a plateau, and it did help.

I am thinking of the Venus Index, would you recommend it?

:flowerforyou:
  • JamieH1984
    JamieH1984 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I just started weight training with my trainer, I can hardly wait to post my before and afters!
  • Slatzuk
    Slatzuk Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Excellent results from your dedication.

Well done.

Remember folks, lose weight in the kitchen, get fit in the gym. Lift heavy and live well.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    You are awesome - love the pictures :drinker:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    BAM.
  • Strangegirlz
    Strangegirlz Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and inspirational especially for those of us who are trying to realise that the scale is not the best measure of success. You look great and yes you lost 15lbs, but I bet people would have guessed it was much more than that. Thanks for posting this
  • JennC831
    JennC831 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    Awesome job Beeps!!! You've done such a great job and it shows!!! Beautiful transformation!!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    The results speaks Volumes...nice
  • TygerTwoTails
    TygerTwoTails Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! I was stuck in the plateaued land of cardio for quite a while before I discovered heavy lifting, I have seen so many wonderful changes just since Feb., but I hope to one day have amazing before and after pictures, like you do!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,948 Member
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Particularly "shout outs" to my mfp friends - who have shown up to this thread to provide me some support! Awesome!

Yes, my "saddle-bag area" is my MOST unfavourite body-part(s) and, while still a work-in-progress, I do believe I am headed in the right direction!
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    amazing and inspiring :flowerforyou:

my thighs are the worst part of my body and i fear they will never go but seeing this......they WILL go!!
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    you look amazing!!
  • lafilleavectoi
    lafilleavectoi Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the results, you look fab. But, I don't think it needs to be weights over cardio, it can be both.
  • margojr4
    margojr4 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    WTG! Hard work has paid off! :)

I'm with you.. weights all the way! Keep going, it only gets better!
  • cathead9
    Options
    Amazing transformation! Thanks for the photos, they're very inspirational for a newbie like me. :-)
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,948 Member
    Options
    For me, the difference really was taking the time I chose to spend in the gym, and spending it on weight-training. (I admit that I am time-crunched and have chosen to spend 5-hours per week in the gym.)

25 years of cardio got me a very healthy heart - and was very good for my asthma, but my body was fluffy.

2 years of weight-training has still been very good for my asthma, and my body is much more the shape that I want it to be.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!