How does everyone account for drinking alcohol

Options
If you can fit it into your caloric intake are you ok with it. I am not talking about daily drinking. I am talking about once a week HH or a rare night out. I realize it can fit in your calorie budget but doesn't it truthfully slow your metabolism?

Also do most people stick with vodka when they are drinking since it is low in cals and sugar?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Just drink until you forget, that way there's nothing to remember.
  • sumeetg37
    sumeetg37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've come to treat alcohol the same way I treat other calories. IE is it worth it or not. Cheap booze is right out the window, I don't enjoy it enough to make it worthwhile. Also since losing a fair amount of weight and not drinking as much as I used to it takes a whole lot less. So just like the rest of my calories I only drink things I *really* enjoy, or things I want to try, and I work them in to my calories once or twice a week.
  • nh38318
    nh38318 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If i go out and have a few drinks I log as many of them I can remember drinking!! I then forget about it and start anew the next day...
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I drink beer, wine or vodka in moderation within my calorie goal and no it doesn't affect my losing unless I take in excess calories.
  • Colossus882
    Colossus882 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I try to log as much as I can, and then try to compensate for it in following days by staying under calorie goal by 200 or so. If I know I am going to have a big night, I try to make sure I have done a 10km walk or 30km bike ride that day so I have already pre burned a lot of it off.
  • prat27
    Options
    Oh I totally agree after 700 calorizes in a day leaving enough for HH Damn I cut that edge fast. LOL I am just wondering if because it potentially slows your metab should it be double counted. Again not referring to daily drinking just the occasional HH kind of thing.
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I drink wine on the weekends and I log it. Sometimes I go over, sometimes I don't :smile:
  • prat27
    Options
    Rob Zombie!!!!
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Jinx. Owe me a drink!
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is made of water. Water is 0 calories. Ergo, alcohol is 0 calories.
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I've had to cut it out of my plan again as it really has slowed me down recently!
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    What is HH? I drink on occasion and usually log the calories. I have some days where I give myself a break and don't count them. I usually gain a pound or so when I do this but then it is back off within a couple days. I am going to be doing this for the long term so I have to be flexible. :)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I fit it in when I can. Also, I drink vodka because I like it, not for the low calories.
    tumblr_mtjw0jlCyN1sj3oxho1_500.gif
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options

lol
  • prat27
    Options
    HH is "Happy Hour"
  • Shivpea
    Shivpea Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I love my few drinks on a Sat night, I normally drink pints but if the pub sells longneck Cornona light I get them instead (100 cals per bottle only slightly less stronger in alcohol). Before I go out drinking I try to 'stock up' on some cals, ie, I save some from the 2 nights before and make sure I get in exercise on the day of drinking, and if needs be I try to pay some back on the Sunday as well. Once I stay within my calorie budget I still lose weight :-)
  • robheater
    Options
    I don't drink.
  • Lauraplane
    Lauraplane Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    HH is "Happy Hour"

Thank you! LOL
  • ktsimons
    ktsimons Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Alcohol isn't as much of a problem as is the binging that unleashes when i have more than 2 drinks! I have a quick add called "pary binge" and just start all over in the morning.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Just log it. It's calories.