How does everyone account for drinking alcohol

Options

Replies

• Shivpea
    Shivpea Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just read my post there, don't mean to sound like I focus my week around drinking, for example on Sat just gone I only had two drinks. I'm Irish and out social scene is often in the pub :-))))))
  • Stef_flexing
    Stef_flexing Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Fit it into your cals, try to hit protein and just do your best and enjoy only rarely!
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    21mrcl5.jpg
  • 007bondage
    007bondage Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I drink, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with my... wait, what was I saying? :drinker:
  • faithsimmons526
    faithsimmons526 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Yes! Yes! Yes!!!

Oh wait ... what was the question?

I log it, and sometimes I go over. And I still keep losing weight. The only trouble I have is that the next day I'm more hungry than usual so it's harder to stay within my calorie limit.
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You say that you don't drink every day like drinking every day is a bad thing. Now I has the sad. :frown:
  • logan_t
    logan_t Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I log every drink I have, no matter what. This weekend I was at a beer festival. I still logged it all, which is to say I logged what I remembered, plus 25%. That's an ugly day in my diary, but I had the calories, so I have to log it. When I go back through the reports tab I can see that these occasional cheat days don't ruin my weight loss as long as I don't let them ruin my will to hit my goal.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink. My hubby is a recovering alcoholic (10 years this past st patrick's day), so I don't normally drink out of respect for him (and we never have anything in the house). I might maybe have a glass of wine at Christmas dinner with the family, but that's it (and usually not even then). In the 8 years we've been together, I can count on one hand the number of drinks I've had (the bottle of wine I downed all by myself on the day my grandpa passed away notwithstanding).

As far as happy hour, or if we happen to be out with friends (or at a friend's house), I drink water or diet soda. I'm happier, I can drive home, and **no one** cares that I'm not drinking. Plus since I don't spend any money on alcohol, I have more money to buy workout gear. LOL :bigsmile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Drink ALL the margaritas!!... Wait.. what was the question again? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • rhibhi
    rhibhi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I still drink of a weekend, and I log it. If I am catching up with friends etc I try to make sure I do some sort of activity and pace myself (sometimes, haha) and try not to go over TDEE.
    Had a particularly big day saturday, but luckily for me I was feeling a bit queasy that morning (medication that I'm on for stopping smoking) so didn't have a hell of a lot to eat, balanced out some of the calories. I don't suggest doing that at all, it was just how the day panned out. I refuse to feel bad about having a beer - as long as I'm slowly cutting back, and realise that I don't need to drink just because its Friday/saturday night etc... It's nice saving the money too!
  • MNA76
    MNA76 Posts: 1,541
    Options
    I'm a big fan of craft beers. They are usually pretty high in calories. I make them fit. Even if it means extra workout time.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    just say no. jk but i am so thankful i don't drink :)
  • txguard61
    txguard61 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    During the week i just dont drink any alchohol.

I once read an eamail from "Joel and Josh" (i will not mention the company), but they had an article that basically said it is a double whammy because, 1. It slows your metabolism and 2) it drops your blood sugar(thus causing the munchies). Is that true? Guess you could go on a search engine safari and find out. I probably go theu a 6 pack of beer every weekend watching football. During the week i pretty much T total it.
  • prat27
    Options
    :( When I was fighting the only way I could cut weight was to stop drinking and unfortunately it seems to be the only way now. It just doesn't happen unless I cut it out.............................(but that doesn't mean I have to cut it all out :) ...)
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    For me, it's something that I will do on occasion. I'm just a lot more mindful of fitting it in to my calories. I really like craft beer too, which may be high in carbs/calories but is something I find easy to limit myself to having one or two tops. I have cut back on social drinking recently though, but I think that's more to do with my new routine in graduate school.
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    3 to 4 bud lights 2 to 3 times a week. I just log it and don't worry about it.

Calories are calories.

If someone has a source to cite that says it slows down your metabolism in any significant way I would certainly rethink this strategy.
  • prat27
    Options
    this is exactly what I am trying to find out for certain also. Does it slow your metab...and if so how much??
  • YesIAm17
    YesIAm17 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    double post, thanks MFP (rolls eyes)
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Log everything, every shot, every beer, every glass of wine... Beer gives me the munchies so I will most likely overeat if I get drunk off of beer :noway: I hate it
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    By NOT drinking alcohol.