How does everyone account for drinking alcohol

Options

Replies

• Natalie511
    Natalie511 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Well if you are doing it right you don't account for it...haha...sorry just joking...lol
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I usually have a drink or two every evening. I haven't found it to be a problem. If it works for you then, okay. If it doesn't, then don't.

Oh, and I drink good beer and bourbon, with the occasional scotch. I will say that I'm not exactly anti-cardio.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    WTH is "HH"?????
  • shawnatheobald
    Options
    I drink beer, cider, wine, whatever, as long as it fits into my calories. And a few times a year, I don't give a crap and drink as much as I want ;)
  • BeachIron
    Options
    I love that there are so many female craft beer lovers on this board! I haven't been able to find any nutritional info on the high-alcohol beers like Chimay, so anything above 10% ABV gets logged as table wine. Anything smaller gets logged as "regular beer" at 150 calories per 12 fl oz.

I don't think alcohol slows your metabolism to any great extent until you start drinking like a fish. If you're just hitting happy hour occasionally, then I wouldn't worry about it.

I'm sorry, but after you hit the other person on the Bacardi, I have to point out that you are waaaaay underestimating your calorie intake if you are logging beers like Chimay as table wine. Waaaay underestimating.
  • prat27
    Options
    agreed
  • VelvetMorning
    VelvetMorning Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Whenever I drink I actually lose a bit (and it stays off - assuming I go immediately back to my diet)! I don't drink often but when I do I'm usually good for about 5-6 shots of vodka which I *think* is 70 calories per shot, but IDK.
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Whenever I drink I actually lose a bit (and it stays off - assuming I go immediately back to my diet)! I don't drink often but when I do I'm usually good for about 5-6 shots of vodka which I *think* is 70 calories per shot, but IDK.

alcohol is a diuretic
  • prat27
    Options
    I don't my hands swell and feel like a woman about to start her period.
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    ... vodka sodas (pretty low in calories - usually between 75-150 depending on how the bartender pours), but since they're tasteless, I would drink them faster, end up drunk, and then eat. So I'd go over my calories not only in alcohol, but in snacks too.

lol My experience with vodka exactly. Oh wait, there was alcohol in that water....may I please have a pizza?

But I am and have always been a whiskey girl. I drink it. I love it. I log it.

If I see it coming, I'll eat a little less during the day to make it fit (or make it sort of fit a little). I do try to eat a little something right before, though; protein if I have the option. As others have mentioned, I have gone from being able to outdrink all the boys to being a bit of a lightweight at times. I guess not having a gut full of food all the time makes a difference. Who knew?

If it's unplanned, I at least log it. Whatever. I don't do significantly over very often. I'm not going to stress about it.

The only thing is, I have learned not to listen to my scale the next day...it tends to think my dehydration is weight-loss. lol
  • MrsFowler1069
    MrsFowler1069 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Bacardi and Diet Pepsi! Zero carbs and Zero calories!

Uhh...a shot of Bacardi has 110 calories, just like any other hard alcohol. Just sayin.

80-proof hard alcohols are typically under 100 for 1.5 ounce (a standard "jigger). Bacardi Gold and Superior are both 65 calories per ounce, or 130 for a 2-ounce shot.

http://www.calorieking.com/calories-in-alcohol.html
    http://caloriecount.about.com/tag/food/rum

ETA: To be fair, I think maybe the poster meant zero carbs in the booze and zero calories in the pop? Or else the poster is now sad. lol
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I had two red bulls (diet) with brandy when I got home from work. According to MFP, this amounts to 188 calories. Not particularly nutritious, but it's hardly impossible to make it fit into a calorie count...
    Beer gives me the munchies so I will most likely overeat if I get drunk off of beer
    +1

I prefer beer or cider over hard liquor but there's just no controlling the munchies afterwards. On the other hand, when I go out, I just eat and drink whatever I want and make up for it the next day (assuming I'm not too hung over).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is made of water. Water is 0 calories. Ergo, alcohol is 0 calories.

ummmm no
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I just log it and try to fit it into my day ...like yesterday I went to watch some football at my favorite sports bar..I had about four miller light drafts (they were only $1 or I would of went with something else lol) I just logged it and had a smaller breakfast and smaller dinner...

I only drink on weekends....

so I would say try to leave room for it and log it...
  • melham
    melham Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Drink ALL the margaritas!!... Wait.. what was the question again? :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
    Do you need a new BFF????
  • Paralyza
    Paralyza Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just drink until you forget, that way there's nothing to remember.

Ok, that made me laugh.
  • Paralyza
    Paralyza Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Just drink until you forget, that way there's nothing to remember.

Ok, that made me laugh
  • Minks_esposa
    Options
    I so wish this were true
  • NearlyJen
    NearlyJen Posts: 104 Member
    Options

Indisputable logic. I love it.

I actually have one glass of wine or a beer most days, and just count it in to my daily allowance. Same as chocolate chips.
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I have mi tot 'o rum (or three) Myers - with Diet Coke Caffeine Free every Friday. I looked it up for caloric content. I have it on Friday or Saturday after I work out during the day, and I find myself with about 800 -900 calories that I would have to "eat back." So, I pint :)