How much weight do you put on in a 2-week vacation?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I'll find out in February
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    6lbs on a 14 night cruise!! and that was with me watching myself (a bit!) and hitting the gym/walking!!
    its taken me 8 weeks to knock a dent in 2 weeks of splurging and next time I wont be going 'mad' because its no fun coming back to feel miserable for weeks cos the scales wont move :(
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    My dh and I travel with a scale and weigh daily, just like we do at home. The gains are not worth it!!!

You get travel scales?? these I would need!!! :)
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    I generally lose a pound or two because I am not at a desk all day, much more active on vacation.
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what and how much you eat as well as how active you are. You could manage 0 lbs or 5-6 lbs.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering how much weight you put on in a 2-week vacation. I'm off to Florida soon for a fortnight and will indulge a bit without going overboard. I won't be sticking to my strict 1,200 calorie diet then! So how much have you put on in a fortnight vacation?
    I lost a couple of pounds with all the walking and too busy playing to eat.
  • MaggieGirl135
    MaggieGirl135 Posts: 977 Member
    Options
    I went on a 2-week vacation at the end of the summer and gained 3 lbs. I ate ice cream and lots of chocolate, but I also hiked and walked everyday. I lost the extra weight within 4 days after I returned home. It was totally worth it.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I don't recall ever having a two week vacation. I did take off while my husband was in the hospital. I just ate whatever he was allowed and I actually lost weight.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I tend to lose on vacation whether it's a short weekend getaway or a 10 -14 day trip. No matter where I go I am still very active. I will take my running shoes and use the hotel's workout room and also I still log and monitor what I eat. I am a little more relaxed with my food choices, but it's constantly on my mind how far I have come.
  • nicklampson79
    Options
    I'm going to disneyworld and I am not planning on eating healthy at all! Mickeymoise ice cream and rice crispier treats for every meal! ... Not literally... Most hotels have oatmeal and it has flushing qualities to make u not gain so much water weight. Also on your last day of vacation take a laxative it will get any remaining poopoo (waste or unhealthy food) out of your System it will also help with the water weight right away
  • mikee007
    mikee007 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    No word of a lie i have put on over 30 pounds in a two week holiday
    In fact i had to take with me two sets of clothes !!!!
    Labeled week 1 and week 2 !!!!
    But not any more :-))))
  • becklanger
    Options
    I went on a 2-week cruise in the Summer and anyone who knows cruises know that there is just amazing food available 24/7 all included....I put on 8lbs XD
    ....But I've found it falls off quite quickly if you go straight back to being good. I was back to what I was before hand only 2 weeks after coming home.
  • padams2359
    padams2359 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Things on vacation might look like the foods you prepare at home, but you don't know what prepackaged ingredients they start with, especially on cruises. The monos used as preservatives are all sodium. The water retention does help reduce dehydration from the sun, and hangovers. Once you are home, it comes off quickly.
  • amandatapar
    amandatapar Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I went on a 1.5 week vacation over the summer to Florida and worked out every day but one day. I ate my healthy diet and kept drinking my water. I lost weight that week or so too. I still logged all my food and drinks as well.
  • daverj1973
    daverj1973 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have tracked this many times and found that on average, on a 2-5 week vacation I will gain somewhere between 12-17 pounds. At 3 weeks I can almost gurantee it will be closer to the 17 which I have done consistantly each of the last 3 vacations.

Now during those vacations I do not hold back but I do not go crazy eating either however certainly much more than I eat normally at home. I am more active on vacation and walk an absolute ton every day.

The biggest thing is that a huge portion of it is water weight gained based on the fact that much of the food I am intaking is no where near as clean as I usually eat. I know this because upon getting home and going back to my "normal" diet and exercise routine, I can lose 6-7 pounds in week 1 and 3-4 in week two. After that though, they get to tough little *kitten* to shed again.

For me, still TOTALLY worth it to not have to even think twice about what I decide to eat or drink on vacation. I just have what I want....period. I do so fully knowing i'll pay for it when I have to fight it back off later.
  • linsdog
    linsdog Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Did one recently where I did not log at all. Ate what I wanted and probably more so drank whatever I wanted.

Ended up at about 1 pound gain after all was said and done. Although I did scuba dive 2-3 dives per day.
  • D_squareG
    D_squareG Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I want on a 10 day cruise and gained ten pounds. It took me seven years to take off that ten pounds. Be careful.

And one more thing. Don't drink 7 piña Coladas a day. That is what did me in. Unlimited piña Coladas!
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I actually tend to lose more weight on vacation. I think it's because I'm usually a lot more active and walk everywhere and participate in more activities than I do at home. It's important to be mindful of what you eat. You can still eat out and eat healthy/low calorie.