Tea addicts unite

Options
124»

Replies

• athene_circe
    athene_circe Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a David's Tea addict! I have at least 10 varieties at home right now. The one I can't live without is the 'Genmaicha' green tea with roasted rice. It has such a smooth, nutty roasted flavour - I've had it in sushi restaurants in the past and was thrilled to find a place that I could get it for myself. I have replaced my morning coffee with it now and don't miss the coffee at all.

My next fav is there pumpkin chai - it makes a SUPERB chai latte this time of year.

Their Orange Blossom rooibos is also divine. Like a creamsicle in a cup!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    Oooooh, sun tea! I do that in the summertime! (It's when you place your tea in a clear jug and set it outside to let it steep in the sun.)

I love loose tea, and make my own blends. One of my faves is white tea with mint, and I have been known to slip just a little bit of valerian root into my chamomile when I have problems sleeping.

I keep bags of chai in the office, when loose isn't practical, and I love green both hot and iced. Another go-to for me, esp when I'm feeling under the weather, is Earl Grey.

ETA: I also love Good Earth's original tea, with the citrus/spicy flavor to it.
  • CarrieJ85
    CarrieJ85 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Plain black tea is my go to, it's what I drink every morning at work. I also love Celestial Seasonings. In the fall/winter they have Sweet Harvest Pumpkin and Gingerbread and I absolutely lover them! I recently started mixing their True Blueberry wth a bag of black tea when I make iced tea and it's amazing! Tazo Sweet Orange quite delish also!
  • mygoins
    mygoins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I didn't take time to read the comments, but .. I LOVE Tea Forte's loose leaf tea and their KATI brewing cup.. they run deals frequently that give a free cup with purchase of a tea tin. LOVE the Coconut Chai Tea right now.. can't wait to try an autumn flavor like apple spice..
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    IN! I live in the NY area and buy most of my tea from McNulty's.

At home in the morning:

Assam or Ceylon, sometimes with a bit of star anise or allspice thrown in, lightly sweetened. Ceylon is yummier when I get it right but Assam is more dependable.

At work:

Irish breakfast or Earl Grey tea from Twinings, sweetened. English breakfast or Lipton can be fine too.

At home in the afternoon:

Aforementioned Assam or Ceylon mixed with some fruit herbal and lightly sweetened. Assam mixes great with tart berries or sweet fruits whereas Ceylon mixes better with citrus.

At home in the evening:

Chamomile flowers mixed with some fruit herbal and sweetened.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Green Tea, Black Tea, Oolong, Jasmine, Lotus, Rose are my tops
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Rooibos, Chai, Green mostly. Lipton has a Apple Cinnamon tea that's pretty good. Echinacea tea isn't very tasty, but if you're prone to ear infections, drink it when you feel one coming on, it clears it right up!
  • CarmenDsewell
    Options
    I love so many teas, for instance I really love Twinings of London English break fast tea, chamomile and citrus, which is a loose leaf tea, green tea, and ginger tea... that's just to name a few.
  • sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I love the Lipton tent teas. Mango and Peach being my favorites. Since I love having tea with grandchildren and friends many people buy me teas. Lots of them are wonderful, but they're the best when fresh and because I get so many sometimes they lose that greatness that they have at the beginning.
  • veggiemary
    veggiemary Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My favorite tea is the green tea that Costco sells. It is actually green, too. :happy:
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Constant Comment brewed with either English Breakfast, Earl Grey or an orange pekoe. Republic of Tea has fabulous teas but my market doesn't carry the brand, have to go to an upscale grocery for that. I like strong teas and freshly brewed...no bottled or hanging out in a fridge. Have you noticed...if you refrigerate tea, it sours? Starbucks has the tea sitting out already brewed on the counter.
  • LOVE tea!!
    Hmm.. this is a challenge lol

Pick me up tea? --> Apple Cinnamon tea
    Bedtime tea? --> Peppermint tea
    Favorite tea? --> Chai tea
    Favorite loose leaf tea --> Green tea

Honorable Mention: My new vanilla infused Earl Grey tea. I love anything vanilla flavored :heart:
  • tenilleless
    tenilleless Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I'm a big tea fan as long as its not Orange Pekoe. That stuff is gross.

What's your pick me up tea? - Goji pop (David's tea) or Green tea
    Bedtime tea? Apple Cinnamon (its got white tea in it)
    Favourite type of tea? - Chai teas of any kind
    Loose leaf? -Pumpkin Chai or Saigon Chai from David's Tea