Best thread ever!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Agree! Best thread ever!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Don't even bother trying the Pumpkin Hershey Kisses.. DISGUSTING! I love all things pumpkin but these were just awful.
  • dmvarner
    dmvarner Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    These sound delicious!! Thanks especially for the gluten free versions!! Anyone know of gluten free and dairy free recipes?
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    bumping all things pumpkin!
  • julzzz4
    Options
    :smile:
  • souzan651
    souzan651 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Being from the UK, where pumpkin is only scraped out and scrapped to make a halloween lantern, I have never eaten pumpkin, pie or otherwise!!! Might have to keep the 'brains' of my Pumpkin Head this year??!!

I died a little just now. A little piece of me just died. I almost feel like flying to the UK and cooking you a southern style pumpkin pie.

You would be most welcome. I'll lay the table, see you in about 10 hours?? :laugh:

It must sound odd to you guys that someone could never have eaten pumpkin.....hmmm, idea for a thread here....

I love pumpkin, I follow a keto diet and one way of getting the correct amount of fats, for me, is a pumpkin pie cheesecake. It is only available at Tesco and Waitrose here in the UK (Libbys Pumpkin Puree). Check it out, it is sooo good!
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    4 tbsp Libby's 100% Pumpkin mixed with Yoplait Greek 100 Peach Yogurt ROCKS. That is all. :wink:
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I made these yesterday, but replaced the nuts with chocolate chips - really good, especially hot out of the oven! My only comment is that it makes more like 20 decent-sized muffins rather than 24 (though you could easily get 24 out of the dough; it actually fluffs up pretty nicely).

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pumpkin-Nut-Muffins/Detail.aspx?event8=1&prop24=SR_Thumb&e11=pumpkin muffin pecan&e8=Quick Search&event10=1&e7=Recipe List
  • nct25662
    nct25662 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later browsing... these look quite yummy!!
  • MzIrish
    MzIrish Posts: 11,917 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    generally i just use applesauce instead of oil and a stevia blend inplace of sugar and it works for me, can make muffins are 81 calories each
  • karabasik
    karabasik Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Just a quick FYI on all these pumpkin + cake mix recipes....and others. You can fold in 2 or 3 well beaten egg whites into the mix to add tons of extra volume and fluff... makes rather dense muffins into lovely light cupcake texture.. and will make 10 muffins into 12 or more which really cuts down your calories but you still get a full size portion. So enjoy the cakey texture and lightness with lower calories and pretty muffin tops!

Aaaahh - good idea!

I made these the other day .....but added 1 C. water plus pumpkin (to lighten texture & make a larger quantity). Mine were a little less dense, but still not a "cupcake" either.

Good smeared with a teaspoon (or so) of cream cheese.
  • angelbaby75
    angelbaby75 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Smoothie
    Ripe Banana
    Canned Pumpkin
    Pumpkin Pie Spice
    unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk
    raw honey
    ice

Yummy and Easy!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Being from the UK, where pumpkin is only scraped out and scrapped to make a halloween lantern, I have never eaten pumpkin, pie or otherwise!!! Might have to keep the 'brains' of my Pumpkin Head this year??!!

Tescos sell Libby's if is has an American food section? It's only just recently come in about 2 months ago. I nearly wet myself when I saw it and stocked up on EVERYTHING there. From BBQ sauce, American mustard, Root beer, lucky charms and puréed pumpkin! I haven't seen the pumpkin for a while though. Could explain why I gained weight, lol
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Saucy_lil_Minx
    Saucy_lil_Minx Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I love pumpkin, thanks for all the great new recipes. I would add my own but it has already been listed on here. :laugh:
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Don't go here if you are hungry - you have been warned :-)

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/11/20/35-favorite-healthy-pumpkin-recipes/

I was warned.

I didn't listen.